We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Iron Man Challenge

If you are bored in lotro right now and don't want to play any other games then you might consider this leveling challenge(from level 1-max level). The iron man challenge

In World of Warcraft there is a challenge called the Iron Man challenge. I looked in the rules and thought that it might be fun.

Original rules for WoW: https://wowchallenges.com/index.php?Show=IronManRules

A series of the iron man challenge by Asmongold: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyGPwwl-d7Q

Rules:

1. Do not die- If you die you fail the challenge.

2. No gear higher then uncommon gear(which is yellow, so you can use white and yellow gear only)
    a. No XP boost or boost to morale/power, but you can drink the potions. No speed boosts or damage boosts allowed.
    b. You can receive the your first legendary item, but you cannot use it.

3. You can pick a trait tree and can use the skills that you are given(you can switch at anytime)
    a. You cannot spend any points in your trait tree
    b. You cannot use any race traits or virtue traits.
    c. You can use mounted combat trait system

4. You cannot use any crafting professions

5. You have to do 75% of the damage of each mob you kill

6. You cannot join with other players in a fellowship or a raid SOLO ONLY
    a. You cannot send yourself anything from your other characters
    b. You cannot accept any items from other players

7. No instances(that are found in the instance finder, quest instances can be played), you can only do skirmishes from the epic story, no epic battles, or
    raids.

8. You can join a kinship, but you cannot take any items form the kinship bank.

9. You cannot use level boost like aria of the valar

10. You *should* only use mounts when you are level 20.

11. No essences are allowed.

That is the rules. Tell me if I should change anything or add anything. I will not change the the following rules: 1, 2, 3, 6, 9, and 11. (Rule I might change rule 7, but it is not guaranteed that I will change it).

Congratulations LordUnknown! Your idea has succeeded at making Lotro even more of a grindfest then anything the Devs so far have come up with. Something I felt was impossible...

Seriously though, I play this game to relax after a long busy day at work. Anything that makes the game seem more like 'work' would only keep me from playing it.

But to each their own. If this motivates your Lotro game play then I totally support you.

Good Luck
    Welden
    Welden of Elendilmir

Quote Originally Posted by LordUnkown View Post
    a. No XP boost or boost to morale/power, but you can drink the potions. No speed boosts or damage boosts allowed.
    This is impossible with VIP. With every log out you get an XP boost when you are back.

5. You have to do 75% of the damage of each mob you kill
    Just if I understand correctly: if mob does 100dps, you can´t do more than 75dps? If it so, then it is impossible, not unless you reach couple of levels and you still use level 1 starter weapon.
    Ich bin kein Deutscher, sorry für Grammatik
    Eglish isn't my native language, sorry for mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by Estelrandir View Post
    Just if I understand correctly: if mob does 100dps, you can´t do more than 75dps? If it so, then it is impossible, not unless you reach couple of levels and you still use level 1 starter weapon.
    Open tapping. You can hit mob only once and get experience, so you need to do 75% of damage needed to kill, directly to mob (healing other people is also considered as open tapping) , which could be hard to control.
    Don't worry about what people think. They don't do it very often.

7. No instances(that are found in the instance finder, quest instances can be played), you can only do skirmishes from the epic story, no epic battles, or raids.
    While I have no intention of doing this, what about the epic battles that are part of the epic storyline? Most (all?) are required to be done once for this.
    Originally Posted by Damian6988
    That is not unlike drinking a pot of coffee and taking a Valium.
    "I want to stay up and get more work done, but I don't want to remember any of it."

to enter Moria, one has to use the first legendary weapon or it doesnt gain 10 levels.

no speed boost... so mail and cookie quests in shire and others like that are forbidden?

I guess, with 5 you mean that its allowed to use open tabbing, as long as one doesnt just hit enemies once... so one has to do most of the work... otherwise, doing less damage than the enemy is kinda impossible with enemies having bigger moralepools than players.

as mentioned, all epic battles are part of the epic story

not using LI is a pita, as without LI, tactical classes are severely hindered... plus, without weapon titles, damage type will get annoying with most weapons in highlvl being common. In addition to the no-LI, there are no highlvl twohanded weapons. so people would be forced to play sword+shield with cappy/guard... that slows them down even more (though warden/hunter are easiest choice anyway).

Question: is it allowed to use consumables, which are NOT from crafting? like bought from merchants (light oil/fire oil) or as questreward (hope tokens). because, without hope tokens, some parts of the epic story in angmar are annoying. and light oil would be the only chance for hunters to fight fire-reflecting enemies, who usually reflect common and westernesse and anchient dwarf, too (not many nonLI weapons with beleriand damage).

Question2: whats the point? Do we win something for participating? Is there any honor or title behind getting to a certain level? If yes, how is anyone gonna prove he didnt cheat? recording the whole thing, which takes weeks of playtime?
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Anführer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

Rules:

1. Do not die- If you die you fail the challenge...
    Do you know that there is one epic chapter where you are supposed to die? So basically this challenge will end with Volume I Book 9 Chapter 2.
    Don't worry about what people think. They don't do it very often.

The (new, goofy) Ironman Challenge:

1. Log off LotRO

2. Install XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Europa Universalis IV, and Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+

3. Complete all three games above in Ironman mode (well, Isaac is Ironman/1 life by default) without save scumming, and get every achievement in BoI:A+ without dying a single time.

Impossible you say? Prove me wrong!

"Challenge Mode": Buy an XBOX360. Play Red Dead Redemption. Complete the game without dying. Screenshots or it didn't happen!

Quote Originally Posted by terrorite View Post
    Do you know that there is one epic chapter where you are supposed to die? So basically this challenge will end with Volume I Book 9 Chapter 2.
    Amarthiel ruined Ironman LotRO. Nerf Amarthiel! Bring back TRUE IRONMAN.