We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Is this rude, or is it just me?

I've noticed this behaviour a few times over my years of playing LOTRO and the latest instance was during the Buried Treasure Event. A player will plant themselves very close to a quest granting NPC and remain there, even sometimes going AFK in that position. It can be a pain if you're trying to accept or turn in a quest. I find this is quite rude and very annoying. I'm always careful to leave my character away from anywhere other players need to go and would appreciate others doing the same. I hope this doesn't start a you-know-what but it's bothered me for years and would like to see if others feel the same.
    Peace and love!

If it's not rude it's at least thoughtless.

Luckily, there's a way round it. You can just use F10 to select the NPC and then U to interact with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiajan View Post
    I've noticed this behaviour a few times over my years of playing LOTRO and the latest instance was during the Buried Treasure Event. A player will plant themselves very close to a quest granting NPC and remain there, even sometimes going AFK in that position. It can be a pain if you're trying to accept or turn in a quest. I find this is quite rude and very annoying. I'm always careful to leave my character away from anywhere other players need to go and would appreciate others doing the same. I hope this doesn't start a you-know-what but it's bothered me for years and would like to see if others feel the same.
    Peace and love!
    These are the same people who stop their car and block the road while they chat with their mate in another car blocking the other side of the road.

I say, "Nuke Em From Orbit!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Yarbro View Post
    These are the same people who stop their car and block the road while they chat with their mate in another car blocking the other side of the road.

I say, "Nuke Em From Orbit!!"
    It's the only way to be sure.
    ...................... missed a putt...............At a Dead & Co. show on a Mexican beach
    The real Boraxxe... wearing his "Get off my lawn!" face and his "I smoked my lawn" face.
    If it's not dangerous, it's not fun!
    Golfing Hobby yes....Golfing Hobby yes

It is definitely rude, but I don't see it in lotro nearly as much as in WoW, and I think that probably confirms a lot of the stereotypes about players of both games. In WoW, it is extremely common for someone to park their giant mount (think literally dragon size) right on top of the quest giver, or vendor, or any other npc that everyone must interact with. I see it occasionally in lotro, but I rarely come across people who are being jerks on purpose. There are a lot of trolls in WoW.

newbie reported for advert; and can SSG PLEASE sort out the white on pale pink error texts when you try to post too soon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Elflord410 View Post
    You need to get some tips from Baba JI
    Just checked; it is now TUESDAY, and the above advert post is still there.

Just checked; it is now TUESDAY, and the above advert post is still there.
    To be fair, +Cord was away for the weekend, they all likely just got back to work today from the holiday, and they are busy putting out the update. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Starliteyes View Post
    To be fair, +Cord was away for the weekend, they all likely just got back to work today from the holiday, and they are busy putting out the update. :P
    ANOTHER holiday?? its OK for some.

We are going to visit the in-laws over Christmas; had an email from the airline this morning, with a change to our flight schedule.

ADDRESSED TO MY 5 Y/O DAUGHTER.

Now, I know she is a bit precocious, but.......

ANOTHER holiday?? its OK for some.

We are going to visit the in-laws over Christmas; had an email from the airline this morning, with a change to our flight schedule.

ADDRESSED TO MY 5 Y/O DAUGHTER.

Now, I know she is a bit precocious, but.......
    She just wanted to make sure mom and dad were on the ball, that's all!
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphonic View Post
    She just wanted to make sure mom and dad were on the ball, that's all!
    We have to go into school early on Friday afternoon, she is getting some award.....

I managed to tell SWMBO without Heidi hearing me, so hopefully it will be a surprise for her to see us there.

Also been in discussions with her Head Master, he cannot officially agree to us taking her away in December, but unofficially he wont fine or report us.

I was talking about the "T" shirts I get made to wear there and has asked me to get him one.

Originally, they were just going to say "??????" ( I am NOT an American), but since tiny hands has peeved so many other countries, I make make them multi-lingual.

EDIT

Hm, apparently the forum software doesnt recognise Chinese script, lets try Pinyin "W? bùshì m?iguó rén".

EDIT 2

OKAAAAAAY, it doesnt get Pinyin tonal indicators either [roll eyes].
    Last edited by Yarbro; Oct 10 2018 at 07:07 AM.