We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Is this rude, or is it just me?

I've noticed this behaviour a few times over my years of playing LOTRO and the latest instance was during the Buried Treasure Event. A player will plant themselves very close to a quest granting NPC and remain there, even sometimes going AFK in that position. It can be a pain if you're trying to accept or turn in a quest. I find this is quite rude and very annoying. I'm always careful to leave my character away from anywhere other players need to go and would appreciate others doing the same. I hope this doesn't start a you-know-what but it's bothered me for years and would like to see if others feel the same.
    Peace and love!

If it's not rude it's at least thoughtless.

Luckily, there's a way round it. You can just use F10 to select the NPC and then U to interact with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiajan View Post
    I've noticed this behaviour a few times over my years of playing LOTRO and the latest instance was during the Buried Treasure Event. A player will plant themselves very close to a quest granting NPC and remain there, even sometimes going AFK in that position. It can be a pain if you're trying to accept or turn in a quest. I find this is quite rude and very annoying. I'm always careful to leave my character away from anywhere other players need to go and would appreciate others doing the same. I hope this doesn't start a you-know-what but it's bothered me for years and would like to see if others feel the same.
    Peace and love!
    These are the same people who stop their car and block the road while they chat with their mate in another car blocking the other side of the road.

I say, "Nuke Em From Orbit!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Yarbro View Post
    These are the same people who stop their car and block the road while they chat with their mate in another car blocking the other side of the road.

I say, "Nuke Em From Orbit!!"
    It's the only way to be sure.
    ....................... missed a putt. ...............At a Dead & Co. show on a Mexican beach
    The real Boraxxe... wearing his "Get off my lawn!" face and his "I smoked my lawn" face.
    This has to end. I do not play LOTRO because I want to gamble. I play LOTRO because I like the game.
    Buying keys is not playing the game.
    Golfing Hobby yes....Golfing Hobby yes