We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 51
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    265
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyaerunanethiel View Post
    You're welcome. Happy to help. I had to chuckle on your Signature picture, In particular the open mouth and "seemingly threatening shout" xD A great shot. I love the facial expression. Both are mean,ferocious and with *Thou hast had thy due,Fiend of Angmar, Your end is near! The position is flawless. You've managed to capture it in the precise moment .) Thy staff,sky and robe and Sabertooth Cat! The "Mad" Lore-master! Marvellous! Amusing,impressive,gorgeous and unique!

    Well done ,Ancient Master! Until we meet again!

    Vanya Sulie!
    Appreciate the appreciation Vanya! The sky is in Enedwaith, my favorite zone.
    Baellor, Ark : Not all those who wander are lost :

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Formenos
    Posts
    1,521
    Quote Originally Posted by FyreBrand View Post
    The OP pics are awesome. The giant with the polar bear head in his mouth is epic. Also thanks to everyone else for adding tips.
    Thanks Kindly ;} To be fair, I did not bothered to take the screenshot In the way I desired For example: To capture particular moment, I made sure to get the floating text and rapidly create a thread. I have not even checked thoroughly the picture you've mentioned! Tis indeed! xD Right thou art! Lucky shot though I did not wanted the pose! But it did happened nevertheless! .D

    Thanks everyone for your support and contribution.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Middle-earth
    Posts
    3,412

    Lightbulb

    I can also confirm with 100% certainty that You don't need to be only 9 levels below the mobs to get the drops for the quest. The other day I took a 115 character and my son a LvL 32. We got all but 2 items in Forochel and the last 2 in Misty. Some mobs were 15 or more levels above him. No problems. Only have to be careful when click that giants table, so the low level that is with You don't get hit and defeated, as giants spawn around You fast. There might be some limit on level but at least it's not the usal 9 level difference limit.

  4. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorondir View Post
    There are 4 Frost Grims just south of Suri Kyla at the water, close to some Peikko's - much easier than to get to Eregion.
    Yes, was about to mention this; no need to go all the way to Eregion, just go to Suri Kyla. You can get a Peikko, a Frost Grim, and a Bear there, though you can also get the bear in MM.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Wales, United Kingdom
    Posts
    11,895
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord.Funk View Post
    I can also confirm with 100% certainty that You don't need to be only 9 levels below the mobs to get the drops for the quest. The other day I took a 115 character and my son a LvL 32. We got all but 2 items in Forochel and the last 2 in Misty. Some mobs were 15 or more levels above him. No problems. Only have to be careful when click that giants table, so the low level that is with You don't get hit and defeated, as giants spawn around You fast. There might be some limit on level but at least it's not the usal 9 level difference limit.

    Ok so I've been on the idyllic island of Rhodes since July 25th, and while the sun, sea, history, food and cocktails are all fantastic, the hotel wifi is absolute pants. I can't even get the launcher to update since the last downtime at the moment. What's this quest about? The wiki says that it starts in winter home, and going on the date on this thread, I assume it's something new. Is there an unannounced festival or event going on right now? I don't see anything in the events thread.

    If it is something new, do you know the end date?
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.


  6. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,751
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    If it is something new, do you know the end date?
    "Vacation in Frostbluff" event, its the full Yule more an additional quest:

    https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Quest:Stolen_Sweets

    July 31 - August 7

    Sergio :-)
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Wales, United Kingdom
    Posts
    11,895
    Quote Originally Posted by Olgomil View Post
    "Vacation in Frostbluff" event, its the full Yule more an additional quest:

    https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Quest:Stolen_Sweets

    July 31 - August 7

    Sergio :-)
    Thanks Sergio

    I'm not home until August 9th, so, I guess I'll just have to miss this one, unless there is a re-run in the plan for us holiday makers at some point. Kinda hard to vacation in Frostbluff if you're already underway on a vacation to . . . somewhere else

    From this thread, it looks like it's good fun, so to all who can make it to the event . . . enjoy
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.


  8. #33

    Erigion Frost-Grims

    The game won't let me attack the frost-grims here.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Middle-earth
    Posts
    3,412

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    Ok so I've been on the idyllic island of Rhodes since July 25th, and while the sun, sea, history, food and cocktails are all fantastic, the hotel wifi is absolute pants. I can't even get the launcher to update since the last downtime at the moment. What's this quest about? The wiki says that it starts in winter home, and going on the date on this thread, I assume it's something new. Is there an unannounced festival or event going on right now? I don't see anything in the events thread.

    If it is something new, do you know the end date?
    [SPOLIERS]

    Yes, there is like a Yule Vacation for a week or so. This is a new quest added to it. For some reason it does not count towards the Yule daily 1/10 or weekly wrapper but in any case You are taken on a hunt throughout snowy areas for lost sweets and once You deliver them to the children You geta whit e bunny that spews out dandruffs (snow) all over itself.

    Also all the usual Yule quest are activated as well as Inn League deliver quests and dances.

    I take it that this new quest will run when Yule comes on regular schedule as well but not sure of course. I did it with one character and never been much for pets in games, nor the miniatures in GW2 (similar thing), so haven't done more than that one charcter. Still a nice addition for those that likes it.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,340
    After turning in the quest, I clicked the quest giver again and it said that quest was on a 30 day cooldown. So apparently it's repeatable. I expect it will be back in December.

  11. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilightfox View Post
    The game won't let me attack the frost-grims here.

    There are four grims that sit around a campsite on the path up the mountain that are not attackable. However, there are grims on the wide slope below there that should be. If you don't see any, you may need to kill a few snowbeasts to get them to spawn as those two share spawn points.

    The easiest grims to find, however, are just outside Suri-kyla in Forochel. Just ride east along the shoreline the up on the hill/rise above where all the worms are on the shore. There are 4-5 grims there.

    Hope this helps.

    -Goldrush
    *******

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,905
    I canceled the quest to do some stuff, but when I tried to take it again it said it has a 30 day cooldown, even though I didn't actually complete it!


    Thankfully this character can live without a pet for a year so I'm not going to send in a ticket, but I wanted to warn everyone else to only cancel the quest if you don't want to do it at all.
    ;) “There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.” ~ Hindu Proverb

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Middle-earth
    Posts
    3,412

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    Ok so I've been on the idyllic island of Rhodes since July 25th, and while the sun, sea, history, food and cocktails are all fantastic, the hotel wifi is absolute pants. I can't even get the launcher to update since the last downtime at the moment. What's this quest about? The wiki says that it starts in winter home, and going on the date on this thread, I assume it's something new. Is there an unannounced festival or event going on right now? I don't see anything in the events thread.

    If it is something new, do you know the end date?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    Thanks Sergio

    I'm not home until August 9th, so, I guess I'll just have to miss this one, unless there is a re-run in the plan for us holiday makers at some point. Kinda hard to vacation in Frostbluff if you're already underway on a vacation to . . . somewhere else

    From this thread, it looks like it's good fun, so to all who can make it to the event . . . enjoy
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord.Funk View Post
    ...did it with one character and never been much for pets in games, nor the miniatures in GW2 (similar thing), so haven't done more than that one charcter. Still a nice addition for those that likes it...
    Arnenna, acctually reading Your posts, reading how You will miss it, acctually inspired my son and I to do it on a couple of more alts. So be sure to check Your in-game mail when You get back.

  14. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldrushSE View Post
    There are four grims that sit around a campsite on the path up the mountain that are not attackable. However, there are grims on the wide slope below there that should be. If you don't see any, you may need to kill a few snowbeasts to get them to spawn as those two share spawn points.

    The easiest grims to find, however, are just outside Suri-kyla in Forochel. Just ride east along the shoreline the up on the hill/rise above where all the worms are on the shore. There are 4-5 grims there.

    Hope this helps.

    -Goldrush
    *******
    Thanks

  15. #40

    Dating the Rabbit...

    Is this questline only until 8/7/18, or will it be available at the regular Yule fest in Dec?

    Also, I read that SSG is going to limit the amount of fest tokens to 40, any truth in that? If so, does that mean you can only earn 40 per fest per year or per day, or is it 40 that you can carry at a time? Any way, that would be a real bummer. No way to get all the stuff then!

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Middle-earth
    Posts
    3,412

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaleth View Post
    Is this questline only until 8/7/18, or will it be available at the regular Yule fest in Dec?

    Also, I read that SSG is going to limit the amount of fest tokens to 40, any truth in that? If so, does that mean you can only earn 40 per fest per year or per day, or is it 40 that you can carry at a time? Any way, that would be a real bummer. No way to get all the stuff then!
    They already have limited tokens in last small update/patch. However it's NOT festival tokens...not yet anyway... It is Festivity Tokens (from new festival skirmish) as well as Thrang Tokens. Festivity tokens are capped at 40 per character and Thrang tokens are capped at 40 across the entire account. So, at least for now no cap on regular festival tokens, as in not yet. Who knows what SSG will pull next ???

    In any case, I can imagine a scenario where most new interesting stuff from now on will be added to barter for Thrang type of tokens with cap and Festivity tokens. The regular festival tokens will be for the old stuff that still remains and an occasional new item. Mind You this is just a possible scenario that I can imagine. Time will tell. It definetly feels like they are moving away from the traditional festival tokens more and more to be able to control and limit how much and many we can get with the other "new" tokens instead. As in limiting personal freedom when to play and save up and be forced to always log in and spend what you have to earn more etc, not stockpile for when You might be busy in the future. As I said, less of a personal choice on how and when to play and spend/save whatever You earn the way You see fit.
    Last edited by Lord.Funk; Aug 07 2018 at 07:16 AM.

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Middle-earth
    Posts
    3,412

    Lightbulb

    I can now also confirm that even a LvL 23 can participate and get this done, as long a some higher levels help. The items will drop even for a LvL 23 from the level 47+ mobs.

    Yesterday I noticed a level 23 beorning in world chat saying how he/she could not complete it (I have no idea if it was a he or she, as we di not use voice and it's not important anyway). I offered him/her to join us. It turned out he/she was only missing two sweets from Forochel and had managed to get the rest from Ered Luin/Misty Mountains he/she said. We could not summon him/her to Forochel, neither by using Captain horn nor Mustering Horn. The player have to be at least LvL 29 for that. I offered to escort him/her all the way up, but instead he/she chose to unlock and use fast travel using 1 MC. As we went out to kill mobs, it seemed everything would attack him/her from very far away. It was close a few times but he/she managed to stay alive as we tried to grab aggro fast. We killed a few mobs and he/she got the last 2 sweets he/she needed for the quest, then mapped back to hand in. We continued, as we did not have all the other sweets yet. Still niceto know that even as low as LvL 23 can do it.
    "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy because you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." /Edward Snowden
    Never The Spy-Tool Windows 10 Who needs DirectX 12 anyway ??? Vulkan is better. :)

  18. #43

    Thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord.Funk View Post
    They already have limited tokens in last small update/patch. However it's NOT festival tokens...not yet anyway... It is Festivity Tokens (from new festival skirmish) as well as Thrang Tokens. Festivity tokens are capped at 40 per character and Thrang tokens are capped at 40 across the entire account. So, at least for now no cap on regular festival tokens, as in not yet. Who knows what SSG will pull next ???

    In any case, I can imagine a scenario where most new interesting stuff from now on will be added to barter for Thrang type of tokens with cap and Festivity tokens. The regular festival tokens will be for the old stuff that still remains and an occasional new item. Mind You this is just a possible scenario that I can imagine. Time will tell. It definetly feels like they are moving away from the traditional festival tokens more and more to be able to control and limit how much and many we can get with the other "new" tokens instead. As in limiting personal freedom when to play and save up and be forced to always log in and spend what you have to earn more etc, not stockpile for when You might be busy in the future. As I said, less of a personal choice on how and when to play and spend/save whatever You earn the way You see fit.
    Hey Sir Funk! I just wanted to thank you for your reply. It made it very clear!

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Middle-earth
    Posts
    3,412

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaleth View Post
    Hey Sir Funk! I just wanted to thank you for your reply. It made it very clear!
    Thank You and You're welcome !!!

    Often when i start typing a reply I want to be short and precise. Then as I type I see that my short reply could be misinterpretated in many ways and I start adding and explain more to cover all bases. Then I start confusing even myself as it gets too long. However if I remove things in the text, it will again be open for misinterpreations, but if I leave it long, it will be boring to read and maybe confusing due to it's length. Everytime I type short alot of follow up questions emerge and I end up having to write just as much but in a number of replies instead (talking in general here, not specifically in lotro forums) but if I cover all bases almost no one has the patience to read it all. It's a lose lose situation. So everytime someone acctually reads something I've written and understands my explanation, well that is a good day as it was not a waste of time to write it. It helped someone and that was the purpose. So definetly THANK YOU !!!

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Wales, United Kingdom
    Posts
    11,895
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord.Funk View Post
    Arnenna, acctually reading Your posts, reading how You will miss it, acctually inspired my son and I to do it on a couple of more alts. So be sure to check Your in-game mail when You get back.
    Awww, you're so sweet. Thank you. I did manage to log in once during my holiday, but it was very short lived with the wifi connection we had in the hotel. I literally just flew in and I'm having a nice cup of proper English tea while browsing the forum, checking my emails etc (while re-adjusting back to the much lower temperature). I'll probably log into the game at some point later today.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.


  21. #46
    Here's a quick way to get all the sweets if you can get to Zigilgund in Forochel and Harndirion in Enedwaith.

    You can get to Sûri-kylä in Forochel by swift travel from West Bree gate.
    just outside of Sûri-kylä you can get Bear - Gingerbread.

    From Sûri-kylä you can swift travel to Zigilgund in Forochel - Länsi-mâ

    From there you can go South
    Elite Winter-Tusk - Fruit Cake

    go NE to Peikko Cave
    Peikko - Flask of Wassail

    go SE to find
    Bears - Gingerbread
    Grim - Plum Pudding


    From South Bree you can swift travel to Lhanuch in Enedwaith and go East to Thrór's Coomb
    Or a hunter can get to Harndirion in Enedwaith and go ENE to Thrór's Coomb

    on the way you can get
    Giants - Peppermint Treats
    Gwibers - Hot Cross Buns


    If you don't have some of the travel paths open, you can ask a hunter to help you get there.

    Good luck and don't forget to brush your teeth.

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    66
    Frankly it seems a bit thoughtless to create a quest that lower levels cannot complete by themselves.

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,150
    Frankly it seems a bit thoughtless to create a quest that lower levels cannot complete by themselves. <

    Makes perfect sense to me. Why should every low level feel entitled to get everything a high level can get?

  24. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by istvana View Post
    Frankly it seems a bit thoughtless to create a quest that lower levels cannot complete by themselves. <

    Makes perfect sense to me. Why should every low level feel entitled to get everything a high level can get?
    They shouldn't. But festivals are supposed to be fun for all, so it goes a bit against the spirit of the thing.

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    KY - Founder - since MEO May '03
    Posts
    2,504
    Another route.

    Misty Mt.

    North of Odin's camp, Bear and Snow Beast. (2)
    Travel to High Crag and head south, Giant and Mammoth (2)

    Eregion

    Travel to Echad Dunann and ride to the Red Horn Pass. Snow Beast and Grim (2)
    'Ú-damdir.'
    Palenen - Elendilmir - The royal gem of Arnor - "May you 'Jingle Jangle' into the West."

 

 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload