We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

A number of questions about the Beorning

so i've recently hit level cap with Beorning and started gear him up for end game (build for healing).

I feel that i dont quite understand a couple things about the class. i have asked in world chat with little succes, so i figured i'd post it here.

Healing:

Mark of grimbeorn interactions - 1. in the natures mend trait tooltip it says it has more potency on the marked target. i have tested this and i could not tell any difference. is this a bug or wrong tooltip? or am i missing something?
    2. hearten is supposed to heal for more on the marked target. i found that it only increases the initial heal (which is rather meaningless) and not the HoT. whats up with that?

Ferocious roar - This will make the wrath cost of your next heal 0 as it says decrease wrath cost by 100%. however this does not seem to work when i switch to bear form to start healing. this makes no sense to me as in man for there is only 2 heals. 1 that doesnt have a wrath cost but actually adds wrath. and the other (hearten) is already free on wrath when you use it on the marked target. so the only time that has value is if you cast hearten on a non marked target? that seems really odd and quite pointless imo.

nature's bond - cant quite figure out what the best moment is to use this skill. when a target is dropping low its scary to use cause it takes more time before actual heals come out. when they arent low it feels like a waste. any tips on how to use it?

Bear up - so there is a big with this were it sometimes wont let you in combat rez. any way to avoid triggering this bug or is it totally random?

Damage:

Execute: this skill seems really bad as it drains all wrath and basically forces you out of bear form. is it good to just completely avoid this skill, the traits that interact with it and the LI legacy for execute damage?

Turn the tides - is this ever worth? how common are corruptions in end game mobs?

General:

some tips on optimal rotation are always welcome

ty all for reading and looking forward to your responses

If you find things which don´t work as described in description of the skill, submit a bug report. And one more general advice: you could submit this thread in beorning subforum. You might have better chance there.

Quote Originally Posted by megutharn View Post
    Mark of grimbeorn interactions - 1. in the natures mend trait tooltip it says it has more potency on the marked target. i have tested this and i could not tell any difference. is this a bug or wrong tooltip? or am i missing something?
    2. hearten is supposed to heal for more on the marked target. i found that it only increases the initial heal (which is rather meaningless) and not the HoT. whats up with that?
    1. In nature´s mend skill tooltip it isn´t mentioned. Thus from this point of view it works as intended. Still, you submit a bug report.

2. I believe it should be so, but where is it mentioned?

Ferocious roar - This will make the wrath cost of your next heal 0 as it says decrease wrath cost by 100%. however this does not seem to work when i switch to bear form to start healing. this makes no sense to me as in man for there is only 2 heals. 1 that doesnt have a wrath cost but actually adds wrath. and the other (hearten) is already free on wrath when you use it on the marked target. so the only time that has value is if you cast hearten on a non marked target? that seems really odd and quite pointless imo.
    Submit bug report. And as side notice, you still need wrath for hearten. You get wrath back if you heal the target of Mark of Grimbeorn, otherwise not.

nature's bond - cant quite figure out what the best moment is to use this skill. when a target is dropping low its scary to use cause it takes more time before actual heals come out. when they arent low it feels like a waste. any tips on how to use it?
    Well, you need to evaluate given situation. Do you have time for it or not? This skill is best in combo with rejuvenating bellow, where you target gets 70% more healing (but you get only 30%, so you need to be sure that you don´t need the healing). As it tranfers the heal target on you to nature´s bond target, it is best with aoe heals.

Bear up - so there is a big with this were it sometimes wont let you in combat rez. any way to avoid triggering this bug or is it totally random?
    As far as I know it is random.

Execute: this skill seems really bad as it drains all wrath and basically forces you out of bear form. is it good to just completely avoid this skill, the traits that interact with it and the LI legacy for execute damage?
    Execute can be upgraded in the red tree (rank 3 of Moment Opportunity) in the way that you have a chance to use it for 0 wrath costs. Use it only then.

Turn the tides - is this ever worth? how common are corruptions in end game mobs?
    There are corrpution in the end game, but it depends from the boss to boss. So it is rather situational. If there are corruptions (a lot of corruptions), it is powerful, otherwise useless.
    Ich bin kein Deutscher, sorry für Grammatik
    Eglish isn't my native language, sorry for mistakes

Ty for the reply estelrandir.

I will send some bug reports to SS. however i hear some of these bugs were reported years ago and still unchanged :S

The wiki said that hearten is more potent on marked target btw. could be outdated info idk.

i posted the thread of the beorning sub forum.