We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

any word on bringing back gamepads or controller

after a previous update we could no longer use game pads any word on if theyre going to fix it

Since many players use a gamepad for LOTRO, why I do not know, I would think they are working on it.
    Ujest - 120 Lore-master, Opun Tia - 95 Warden, Veneur - 75 Hunter, Cneasai - 61 Minstrel, plus alts and mules
    Officer, Pipeweed and Ale, Arkenstone (formerly Friends of Frodo, Vilya)

XInput was re-enabled a while ago in a patch. There's an option for it in the UI settings.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Google+ - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Find Cordovan on: Twitter Instagram
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    XInput was re-enabled a while ago in a patch. There's an option for it in the UI settings.
    It doesn't work the way it used to. LOTRO doesn't detect my controller anymore simply by having it plugged in. Now I can only get it to work by using a Steam controller configuration.
    BREGLOR · BRIFFO · ELIZA · APEY · RIFFO
    THE TEAM · GLADDEN

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Yeah, doesn’t work. Neither Xbox 360 controller, nor Logitech controller work with new setting enabled. Any idea why or whether team is aware solution provided is incomplete/ ineffective? Any guidance on controller models that DO work as plug and play? I’d buy a model KNOWN to work without need for xPadder, steam, etc.

thanks

I didn't see that in any of the updates must have missed it.a recent windows update messed with my wireless 360 controller went out and bought a 14 dollar wired xbox 360 for windows controller as opposed to an xbox one for windows 10. its working ok so far. I was using Xpadder so don't know if that had anything to do with it.