We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

[Interest check] Small RP group running events set from the start of of Lotr until the end?

Hi, everybody, and thanks for taking the time to read this! I'm a pretty new player (started in March), but I have a few years of experience roleplaying. Anyway, I wanted to know if there were any people interested in getting together to run a sort of roleplay event campaign that takes place through the entire War of the Ring, starting in Bree around the same time the zone is set; and eventually reaching to the time the Mordor and current zones take place in?

I figured that with the majority of the story already being told now that the Mordor expansion is here; then now might be a great time to get together with a few roleplayers and sort of go through the entire time period the game is set in in an in-character sense. I'm not 100% sure on the fine details on how everything falls into place to mke everything run smoothly; but I figure that if I can find 5-10 people interested in doing something like this; then all the details can sort of be hatched out between us.

Also, despite playing on a European server (Which I really love.) I am a North American, so scheduling might be a little bit weird. With that being said, though, that can be figured out. If anybody would be interested in getting into contact with me about something like this; then feel free to leave a reply here on the thread, or message me in-game on my main character; Sadrion.

Quote Originally Posted by therealruneblade View Post
    Hi, everybody, and thanks for taking the time to read this! I'm a pretty new player (started in March), but I have a few years of experience roleplaying. Anyway, I wanted to know if there were any people interested in getting together to run a sort of roleplay event campaign that takes place through the entire War of the Ring, starting in Bree around the same time the zone is set; and eventually reaching to the time the Mordor and current zones take place in?

I figured that with the majority of the story already being told now that the Mordor expansion is here; then now might be a great time to get together with a few roleplayers and sort of go through the entire time period the game is set in in an in-character sense. I'm not 100% sure on the fine details on how everything falls into place to mke everything run smoothly; but I figure that if I can find 5-10 people interested in doing something like this; then all the details can sort of be hatched out between us.

Also, despite playing on a European server (Which I really love.) I am a North American, so scheduling might be a little bit weird. With that being said, though, that can be figured out. If anybody would be interested in getting into contact with me about something like this; then feel free to leave a reply here on the thread, or message me in-game on my main character; Sadrion.

You I'd almost want to start a new LOTRO character (since I've already hit Moria). But you know what.. getting together anddoing stuff is a good idea! WE NAers gotta stick together.

Quote Originally Posted by spiritsongtress View Post
    You I'd almost want to start a new LOTRO character (since I've already hit Moria). But you know what.. getting together anddoing stuff is a good idea! WE NAers gotta stick together.
    Awesome! I'll be sure to keep you posted if more interest is drummed up enough to get something going.

Sounds great to me! I play Rhavanel in LOTRO (Laurelin). So I thiunk that's a great idea just a group who can run such things!

Quote Originally Posted by spiritsongtress View Post
    Sounds great to me! I play Rhavanel in LOTRO (Laurelin). So I thiunk that's a great idea just a group who can run such things!
    Hi! Sorry for in the long delay in response. Anyway, the Legendary Server announcement gave me a good opportunity to get an RP together from some guildmates of mine from another game. Would you be interested at all in joining up with us on the Legendary servers? We've got a Discord to keep things organized and such.

Oh a RP group on the the legendary server would be really great. You can count me in .

I am based in middleeurope so as you mentioned scheduling might be tough, but I guess on the weekends there is a good chance that we find good times.

Perhaps we can do it alternating between times fitting more the Europeans and then the next time for the US based. So it is just every second time playing on odd times.

At the moment I have problems with discord running on my computer, if you want it just for written communication, why not setting up a forum ( I can do that, if you are ok with it)?

I will be on the new server too.

I am glad I am not the only one with Discord problems it always crashes my computer. To the point I will not join a kin that uses it for anything more than raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Glansul View Post
    Oh a RP group on the the legendary server would be really great. You can count me in .

I am based in middleeurope so as you mentioned scheduling might be tough, but I guess on the weekends there is a good chance that we find good times.

Perhaps we can do it alternating between times fitting more the Europeans and then the next time for the US based. So it is just every second time playing on odd times.

At the moment I have problems with discord running on my computer, if you want it just for written communication, why not setting up a forum ( I can do that, if you are ok with it)?
    We're trying to get everything sorted. We're thinking of starting our events on the 15th and running every Thursday and Friday going forward at around 6 or 7 US Eastern-time because it fits out schedules best. In the other game we play, we have a person from Hungary who plays with us in our other game at similar hours, but the time zone difference causes problems for her a lot. If you want, I'd be okay and gathering the other people in my group and meeting with you on that forum thing to see if we're all a good fit scheduling/personality-wise, but the time-zone difference could be pretty tough.

Yes, this is actually why I wanted to meet at the weekends. When we meet at 6-7 pm your time. It is 1:00-2:00 am in CET. This makes it nearly impossible for me to come on Thurdays. Fridays should be ok.