We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1

    Best Class to Solo Most Content ?

    Hi all,

    I apologize if this specific question was asked before, but I keep hearing warden is the best class to solo most of content, but I can’t get the hang of him and am not a huge fan of the gambit system.

    What would be next up on the best class to solo the most content (including soloing some instances)?

    Thanks all!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,066
    I would say guardian. They can't kill you, but you can (slowly) kill them. Or maybe loremaster if your pets can keep the bad guys at bay.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Infraction Traction 1/1 (1)
    Posts
    3,413
    I have played most of the classes up to L50 and I find the easiest to solo for me is the Burglar.
    Sneak past lots of trouble and accomplish goals without much risk.
    ....................... missed a putt. ...............At a Dead & Co. show on a Mexican beach
    ..........
    The real Boraxxe... wearing his "Get off my lawn!" face and his "I smoked my lawn" face.
    This has to end. I do not play LOTRO because I want to gamble. I play LOTRO because I like the game.
    Buying keys is not playing the game.
    Golfing Hobby yes....Golfing Hobby yes

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    130
    Warden gambit system may seem confusing at first, but it is actually quite well structured.
    Wardens have a lot of quality of life perks. Ports are huge, 40% run speed is very handy, and then a number of survival skills. First aid pretty much means you need not bother with various potions, AE morale taps are nice. I can pull a whole camp of lvl 115 orcs in Mordor (2-3 signatures + 4-5 normals) at once and take them all out, and my gear is nowhere close to raid stuff. Steadfast and Never Surrender can be real lifesavers in a pinch.
    Read some guides that explain gambit lines and rotations.

  5. #5
    If you don't mind a slightly slower lvling, Loremaster is a really good choice. My main is a red-line LM with just a bit of blue now since Mordor came out, and I find I can handle most of what comes my way with my trusty Lynx by my side, lol. If you want faster lvling, a hunter is good; red line is the main dps line for it now, but blue is still viable if you like the kiting aspect. Mini is pretty solid on dps as well as having good heals. My advice is to try a few classes out; give them til at least lvl 20 before deciding whether you like it or not. If you don't have enough slots, you can TRY the class on other servers, then just make a new one on your main server once you figure out what fits for you.

  6. #6
    Personally, I like the Hunter best for solo play because they have very powerful skills which do a ton of damage--my Hunter is only in the 60s and quickly passed Lothlorien because of her skills. I do enjoy Lore-Master for solo play as well, as others have replied, but I haven't done as much levelling on them as my Hunter.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,815
    Solo landscape is to easy with every class.
    If you want to solo instances t1 waren or every heavy class would be the easiest way maybe beo too or well played blue hinter.
    T2 3-men warden or guardaybe beo.
    Never played beos long I Do Not like the shapeswitching mechanics/system

  8. #8
    Any opinions for a minstrel build? Sorry I'm a new player and can't start a new thread let. I will be doing mostly solo play until I can learn his mechanics.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Felix_Piper View Post
    Any opinions for a minstrel build? Sorry I'm a new player and can't start a new thread let. I will be doing mostly solo play until I can learn his mechanics.
    I would go for damage... seeing as how there will be nobody for you to heal, it's kind of pointless to go for massive healing...
    It also helps if you are in the Dissonance stance, as that increases your DPS.
    You will also naturally have healing moves, all minstrels do. Most of them are targeted, or else self-targeted. This means that unless you target a friendly for the heal, it will go to you. (I think.)

    I haven't actually played the Minstrel, but I do know a lot about most classes... so my info should be good... I hope.

    Hope this helps!

  10. #10
    Thank you all, wife and I are lvl 23 I play warden, she a hunter and I was getting really scared that we would not be able to Mordor as I read it is incredibly difficult but it seems at least if we stick together we should be able to handle Mordor So thank you for the encouragement in thus thread.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Faudyen View Post
    Thank you all, wife and I are lvl 23 I play warden, she a hunter and I was getting really scared that we would not be able to Mordor as I read it is incredibly difficult but it seems at least if we stick together we should be able to handle Mordor So thank you for the encouragement in thus thread.
    Ah ... so not technically solo

    But you have done as I did: levelled a hunter (which makes an excellent mode of transport) and a bomb-proof warden (who will also have great mobility). These were my first two classes/toons to race for the level cap(s), and I still enjoy them both. I play solo and have never felt that either struggled: you two will be fine whether together or apart.

    But as Boraxxe (/genuflect) mentioned the Burglar, I have to say that is my favourite class. I have more Hobbit Burglars than brain cells and none have topped out because I love to "relax" with them. Skirting mobs and rifling their pockets instead of killing them is makes me deliriously happy, but levelling one in that way truly is a solo effort. Unless of course you each roll one and the planet isn't knocked off its axis when you pair up.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Infraction Traction 1/1 (1)
    Posts
    3,413
    Quote Originally Posted by StoatMandible View Post
    Ah ... so not technically solo

    But you have done as I did: levelled a hunter (which makes an excellent mode of transport) and a bomb-proof warden (who will also have great mobility). These were my first two classes/toons to race for the level cap(s), and I still enjoy them both. I play solo and have never felt that either struggled: you two will be fine whether together or apart.

    But as Boraxxe (/genuflect) mentioned the Burglar, I have to say that is my favourite class. I have more Hobbit Burglars than brain cells and none have topped out because I love to "relax" with them. Skirting mobs and rifling their pockets instead of killing them is makes me deliriously happy, but levelling one in that way truly is a solo effort. Unless of course you each roll one and the planet isn't knocked off its axis when you pair up.
    Yeah!
    I often duo with another Burglar and the team can be an awesome force.
    ....................... missed a putt. ...............At a Dead & Co. show on a Mexican beach
    ..........
    The real Boraxxe... wearing his "Get off my lawn!" face and his "I smoked my lawn" face.
    This has to end. I do not play LOTRO because I want to gamble. I play LOTRO because I like the game.
    Buying keys is not playing the game.
    Golfing Hobby yes....Golfing Hobby yes

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Boraxxe View Post
    Yeah!
    I often duo with another Burglar and the team can be an awesome force.
    burglars arejust awesome... I had a level 52 burglar on my old account... he was sooo fun to play.
    I would do it again, once I get my hunter up to around 50 or so. just to make sure I have some progress.
    Hobbits are truly the best for a burglar though... It's just so perfect.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Meepinater View Post
    I would go for damage... seeing as how there will be nobody for you to heal, it's kind of pointless to go for massive healing...
    It also helps if you are in the Dissonance stance, as that increases your DPS.
    You will also naturally have healing moves, all minstrels do. Most of them are targeted, or else self-targeted. This means that unless you target a friendly for the heal, it will go to you. (I think.)

    I haven't actually played the Minstrel, but I do know a lot about most classes... so my info should be good... I hope.

    Hope this helps!
    Good stuff, Meepinater.

    I'd like to hear from others that are using a Minstrel as a primary solo character. My first impressions of the class is very positive. LOTRO has realized the bard archetype with music based magic much better than most other MMORPG's I have played through the years. Certainly it reflections back to what I remember from the Silmarillion with HIgh Elves crafting magic from music. Thxs!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by BrChuck View Post
    Good stuff, Meepinater.

    I'd like to hear from others that are using a Minstrel as a primary solo character. My first impressions of the class is very positive. LOTRO has realized the bard archetype with music based magic much better than most other MMORPG's I have played through the years. Certainly it reflections back to what I remember from the Silmarillion with HIgh Elves crafting magic from music. Thxs!
    The Minstrel (Mini) is very solo capable. Go with the red trait tree and dissonance stance (glowing hands) like has been said and you will have no trouble especially in the early stages of the game where you will most likely one shot most mobs. All of your heals will be self-only while in your rave hands stance. End game however a mini is expected to heal over dps though. So if you are never going to run any group/instance content stay red trait tree and glowing hands and you will be just fine to run through all of the landscape content. Otherwise take some time to learn the healing trees.
    My parachute is packed and ready.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    15
    Ty, Lazy Rider. Totally correct with what you posted. A dissonance stand and points in red are keeping my elf’s skinny butt safe-lol.

    I’ll probably pay the coin and respec as a proper healer somewhere down the road. Is there a build page someone can kindly point me to? Thxs!

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload