We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    109

    Can we please have

    confirmation from SSG why PvP in lotro is Premium feature requiring being VIP (freep and creep) or pay for creep class acces (exept rvr mainly used in clubfighting and spying/trolling creep ooc by freep players). What really make You to take money for something you TOTALLY neglect since Mordor Expansion released the week of July 31, 2017 (wnich in 5 days will make 1 year of spitting of creep player faces).
    When you mix freep runes or gear prices you make hot fix in a week. With pvp you left it in state of total mess for a YEAR!!!! Can you please close EM and just make new festivals, great battles to save picknick baskets and redo Rift and other out of date dead content. And dont foget new horses and cosmetics cause that all your players wait for!!
    Thx SSG for 1 year neglecting creep players!!!

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by TronGilrain View Post
    confirmation from SSG why PvP in lotro is Premium feature requiring being VIP (freep and creep) or pay for creep class acces (exept rvr mainly used in clubfighting and spying/trolling creep ooc by freep players). What really make You to take money for something you TOTALLY neglect since Mordor Expansion released the week of July 31, 2017 (wnich in 5 days will make 1 year of spitting of creep player faces).
    When you mix freep runes or gear prices you make hot fix in a week. With pvp you left it in state of total mess for a YEAR!!!! Can you please close EM and just make new festivals, great battles to save picknick baskets and redo Rift and other out of date dead content. And dont foget new horses and cosmetics cause that all your players wait for!!
    Thx SSG for 1 year neglecting creep players!!!
    PVP is for a small playerbase and Cord said more than once that regular class balance has to be done in first place. Otherwise SSG is forced to do balancing for creeps twice. I think "PVP team" and "mounts and pets-team" aren't the same. SSG has the power to do both at the same time - when time has come.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Thurinuor View Post
    PVP is for a small playerbase and Cord said more than once that regular class balance has to be done in first place. Otherwise SSG is forced to do balancing for creeps twice. I think "PVP team" and "mounts and pets-team" aren't the same. SSG has the power to do both at the same time - when time has come.
    PvP is for a small playerbase because everyone who used to PvP has left, due to the horrendous state of the game. If the justification for not addressing PvP issues is that it doesn't affect enough people, then that's some top notch circular reasoning.

    Let's not delude ourselves into thinking that the other reason holds any merit, either. Creeps will be neglected, even once the freep class balance patches are finished. I know this, you know this.

    Mark my words.
    Feailuve, Akabath, Failure - Evernight
    Also known as Giliodor

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeviternus View Post
    PvP is for a small playerbase because everyone who used to PvP has left, due to the horrendous state of the game. If the justification for not addressing PvP issues is that it doesn't affect enough people, then that's some top notch circular reasoning.

    Let's not delude ourselves into thinking that the other reason holds any merit, either. Creeps will be neglected, even once the freep class balance patches are finished. I know this, you know this.

    Mark my words.
    Yes, Yes ,and Yes.

    The heretic who propagated that subterfuge was on a personal campaign to end PvMP. I needn't call his name out. Ever since then whenever PvMP is brought up all the nay saying casual dying hurts crowd immediately falls back on PvMP is a small section of the playerbase. It's sad those who had or have no inclination to EVER set foot in the Moors held such a long standing disdain for it. So it is as you say now a fact and further diminished based on that truth. PvMP is dead because of lack of development not because it was a smallish subsection of the playerbase.

    Raiding in general is now on the chopping block. Solo-centric carrot chasers cheering praise for what is now Festivals Online. Encore pretty please with cupcake sprinkles on top.
    Università degli Studi di Roma "La Sapienza" Sapienza University of Rome

    Graduate PhD con lode Scienze della Politica

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by sapienze View Post
    Yes, Yes ,and Yes.

    Solo-centric carrot chasers cheering praise for what is now Festivals Online. :
    This may very well be the best sentence ever written.
    Landy Pawpatrol Stalker 7, Horrorbuisness BA 9
    Landy Tridis LM 7, Barnabras Warden 4
    Arkenstone Redrighthand WL 13

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by sapienze View Post
    Raiding in general is now on the chopping block. Solo-centric carrot chasers cheering praise for what is now Festivals Online. Encore pretty please with cupcake sprinkles on top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilawolf View Post
    This may very well be the best sentence ever written.
    I had no idea 20 minutes later we would see this.

    Of Special Note:


    Vacation in Frostbluff


    A new quest has arrived in Frostbluff called Stolen Sweets! Visit snowy locations throughout Middle-earth to recover stolen treats for the poor children of Winter-home, and earn the rewards of a white Yule Rabbit and the title "Bringer of Sweets"! The quest is bestowed by the Frostbluff Stable-master. This new quest can be completed once during the run of the Vacation on Frostbluff event, and does not require visiting regions above level 50. Additionally, the other activities available during the Yuletide Festival are now available! Vacation in Frostbluff begins at 10:00 AM Eastern on July 31st, and runs through August 7th!



    I'm scratching my head at trying to figure out how LotRO can sustain from this. It will be months before any new content. PvMP is all but extinct. I can no longer identify with the current playerbase and would be an insult to myself to align myself as such. This is approaching insanity and I see only the insane calling it fun. The problem with the insane is that they aren't consistent in anything but being crazy. Crazy doesn't pay the bills.

    https://massivelyop.com/2018/07/27/l...stmas-to-july/

    The rest of the gaming world will see this in the coming days and go, HUH? HeHeHe Can the last player turn out the lights please?
    Università degli Studi di Roma "La Sapienza" Sapienza University of Rome

    Graduate PhD con lode Scienze della Politica

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Thurinuor View Post
    PVP is for a small playerbase and Cord said more than once that regular class balance has to be done in first place. Otherwise SSG is forced to do balancing for creeps twice. I think "PVP team" and "mounts and pets-team" aren't the same. SSG has the power to do both at the same time - when time has come.
    Pretty sure the OPs point was why this garbage service is still a VIP pay service. And, yeah, it's borderline criminal they still charge for moors access given how horrid it is. Doesn't affect me because I haven't played in a month and more importantly, I haven't paid them in 2 years. But the fact they aren't ashamed to still be collecting money for the trash PvP in this game is very telling regarding the type of people running this game.
    Team Milt.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload