We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New Cosmetic Weapons Vanished?

When the patch for 22.4 went live this week, the Khazad-dum Vault cosmetic weapons vanished from the LOTRO Store. I was hoping to purchase some after updating and they were gone. Would anyone that works on the store happen to know why these weapons disappeared? If it helps, they were under the "New to LOTRO Store" category for the entire week leading up to 22.4.

Here's an example of the two-handed axe that was there.

Last edited by Nathrien_Estelenlaer; Jul 22 2018 at 09:29 PM.

WBS is offline Weatherstock Wayfarer
    Destroyer of Worlds
    Was that axe ever there?

It's one I've been wanting to purchase and have checked the new items in the Store daily in case it appeared but have never seen it so far.

Yes, there were several weapons. One for most weapon classes, actually. There are a couple of threads in the Cosmetics forum with some pictures of these weapons.

Lightbulb

Yes, it seemed as if You could only see the ones You could acctually wield. So if You were on an LM for example You would not see two handed axes or swords in the store etc.

There were even War-steed cosmetics of two mounts that I think previously have only been in beta. One was the Marauder steed cosmetics. The other was a heavy armour looking Rohan style of war-steed cosmetics. Really nice saddle bags with miniature Helmets as decorations on teh side of the saddle bags. I can't remember what the name was. It was only the full set of war-steed cosmetics for both (caparison, saddle etc), not any acctual mount to go with that. Decent prices on them too. Like around 900 LP for a full set. You could only see them an buy them on characters that had unlocked war-steed. They are both gone now along with the weapons. I have a feeling they will stick them in the lootboxes instead, so people will have to gamble on the chance to get them. I'm happy i at least bought The Marauder Steed cosmetics set for my Dwarf before it was removed. However I would have liked to have bought it for another character as well but now it's too late.

Sticking everything in Lootboxes seem to be the way of the future for SSG. I prefer straight up selling the cosmetics over lootboxes. Then I know what I pay for and exactly what I will recive and what it will cost me in the end. Not having to open 100 lootboxes and still not get it. I'm not participating in that rubbish. I'm a gamer, not a gambler.
    "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy because you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." /Edward Snowden
    Never The Spy-Tool Windows 10 Who needs DirectX 12 anyway ??? Vulkan is better. :)

Hi!

These were released with the Summer Festival time period to go with the "From the vaults" theme. I apologize that we were not clear in that they were a limited time availability. They will be back. We do have other cosmetic weapons coming, so keep an eye out. We will be more clear about the availability dates in the future.

Destroyer of Worlds
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord.Funk View Post
    Yes, it seemed as if You could only see the ones You could acctually wield. So if You were on an LM for example You would not see two handed axes or swords in the store etc
    Ah, that would explain it. I wanted the axe for my Beorning but I was probably checking the store on my Hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by SSG_RedPanda View Post
    Hi!

These were released with the Summer Festival time period to go with the "From the vaults" theme. I apologize that we were not clear in that they were a limited time availability. They will be back. We do have other cosmetic weapons coming, so keep an eye out. We will be more clear about the availability dates in the future.
    Will they be back with the Summer Festival (encore)?

Quote Originally Posted by WBS View Post
    Ah, that would explain it. I wanted the axe for my Beorning but I was probably checking the store on my Hunter.

Will they be back with the Summer Festival (encore)?
    The Khazad-Dum Vault Weapon sets will be back with the Summer Festival Encore, and also at other times. Other cosmetic weapon sets may appear here and there as well, so keep an eye out!

Destroyer of Worlds
    The Khazad-Dum Vault Weapon sets will be back with the Summer Festival Encore, and also at other times. Other cosmetic weapon sets may appear here and there as well, so keep an eye out!
    Thank you for the reply.

I will be absolutely sure to keep an eye out and grab that axe cosmetic!

Yes, it seemed as if You could only see the ones You could acctually wield. So if You were on an LM for example You would not see two handed axes or swords in the store etc.

There were even War-steed cosmetics of two mounts that I think previously have only been in beta. One was the Marauder steed cosmetics. The other was a heavy armour looking Rohan style of war-steed cosmetics. Really nice saddle bags with miniature Helmets as decorations on teh side of the saddle bags. I can't remember what the name was. It was only the full set of war-steed cosmetics for both (caparison, saddle etc), not any acctual mount to go with that. Decent prices on them too. Like around 900 LP for a full set. You could only see them an buy them on characters that had unlocked war-steed. They are both gone now along with the weapons. I have a feeling they will stick them in the lootboxes instead, so people will have to gamble on the chance to get them. I'm happy i at least bought The Marauder Steed cosmetics set for my Dwarf before it was removed. However I would have liked to have bought it for another character as well but now it's too late.

Sticking everything in Lootboxes seem to be the way of the future for SSG. I prefer straight up selling the cosmetics over lootboxes. Then I know what I pay for and exactly what I will recive and what it will cost me in the end. Not having to open 100 lootboxes and still not get it. I'm not participating in that rubbish. I'm a gamer, not a gambler.
    That was the Heavy Norcrofts Set (Cliving-Style). That would have been a nice addition for our chars in the Rohan kinship. But it was gone before we could got it.

I don't like those temporary additions to the shop. Too easy to miss. Especially with a War-Steed-cosmetic that can only be seen on chars with a War-Steed. It was not even on sale so why not add it permanently.

I won't go for it if it gets added in a lootbox or sold ingame for thousands of ash which require opening endless lootboxes. I, too, prefer to know what to spent money on.

I'm so sorry you missed it. We weren't very clear about these items' availability and will work hard to make sure that we communicate better in the future. The specific set you are looking for will be back in the store at a future date

Quote Originally Posted by Derquin View Post
    Especially with a War-Steed-cosmetic that can only be seen on chars with a War-Steed.
    Its not correct, if you use the store "try" option with a character without the war steed, anyways the WS panel open and show you the item. Its a way to check your WS cosmetic pieces purchased in a festival with a character that still have not their WS.

Last anniversary i used it for to check which one of my alts already have the reveller set from the envelopes.

Sergio :-)
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

Thumbs up

That was the Heavy Norcrofts Set (Cliving-Style). That would have been a nice addition for our chars in the Rohan kinship. But it was gone before we could got it.

I don't like those temporary additions to the shop. Too easy to miss. Especially with a War-Steed-cosmetic that can only be seen on chars with a War-Steed. It was not even on sale so why not add it permanently.

I won't go for it if it gets added in a lootbox or sold ingame for thousands of ash which require opening endless lootboxes. I, too, prefer to know what to spent money on.
    Aha, Thank You for adding the name.

And yes, I'm sick and tired of lootboxes and gambling for the chance at items (in any game). I prefer to work my way towards something. It can be slow and tideous but at least a clear path and goal with a certain outcome at the end of the road. Not some chance to gamble at the end of the road. Either daily work towards tokens to barter for certain listed items or a price (if store item) and listed what item cost what. Not buying some lottery ticket/key to gamble for somethinmg. No way.
    "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy because you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." /Edward Snowden
    Never The Spy-Tool Windows 10 Who needs DirectX 12 anyway ??? Vulkan is better. :)

Thumbs up

Hi!

I'm so sorry you missed it. We weren't very clear about these items' availability and will work hard to make sure that we communicate better in the future. The specific set you are looking for will be back in the store at a future date
    Now, see this is perfectly the way things should be communicated. Clear replies, an explanation and even an apology (not that it was needed in this case but very much appreciated nonetheless).

This sounds perfectly reasonable to me and I'm really happy these won't just end up in some lootbox loot table that are already filled to the brink with items with a miniscule chance to drop the item You really sought after. Although I of course always prefer items to be gotten through in-game activities, when and if they are sold (I do realize you are a company, not a charity and do need revenues from somewhere) they shoud be straigth up listed item for listed price and not behind some lootbox lottery. Just my 5 cents.

Again, thank You for the clarification and it was great to see the steed cosmetics added back to the game. Been wanting the Marauder set for my Dwarf ever since I saw a screenshot from Beta/BR.

Quote Originally Posted by Olgomil View Post
    Its not correct, if you use the store "try" option with a character without the war steed, anyways the WS panel open and show you the item. Its a way to check your WS cosmetic pieces purchased in a festival with a character that still have not their WS.

Last anniversary i used it for to check which one of my alts already have the reveller set from the envelopes.

Sergio :-)

Hm, every time I checked it I couldn't see war-steed items on chars without it. The sections in the store are just empty in the store below lvl 75.

Just checked it again with a char lvl 74 (without War-Steed as I didn't complete the quests yet).

Only the Steed of the White City offers the 'Try out' button at the moment. That did open the Mounted Combat Panel on that char lvl 74. But not without that complete horse that offered that button.

*sigh*

I'd like to have a Collection with all War-Steed appearances visible on all chars and an easy option to see and buy those cosmetics and colours in the store. As well as more info about temporary availability. So thx, SSG_RedPanda, for the reply and info.

Lightbulb

Hm, every time I checked it I couldn't see war-steed items on chars without it. The sections in the store are just empty in the store below lvl 75.

Just checked it again with a char lvl 74 (without War-Steed as I didn't complete the quests yet).

Only the Steed of the White City offers the 'Try out' button at the moment. That did open the Mounted Combat Panel on that char lvl 74. But not without that complete horse that offered that button.

*sigh*

I'd like to have a Collection with all War-Steed appearances visible on all chars and an easy option to see and buy those cosmetics and colours in the store. As well as more info about temporary availability. So thx, SSG_RedPanda, for the reply and info.
    Yeah. It is very annoying when You have a lower level alt and there is a sale on some mount dyes or cosmetics. You can't buy it for that character until they are leveled and done the war-steed intro. In my opinion they lose revenue from this as many times I have not been able to buy items for war-steed on specific characters that I wanted. On the other hand, I understand that this block is there to prevent some from accidentally buying something they can not use yet.

And yes, You are correct. The White City steeds hanger icon/button only opens a blank war-steed if You're not done with war-steed quest and You can still not look at things to buy that way. Only try on what You already got along with mounts that come as normal mounts with a set of war-steed cosmericts to match. You might be able to try various dyes as well but still not buy them. It just don't work.

And....they're back!

Question

And....they're back!
    Hmmm, I acctually checked Store today in the evening, after summer fest had started and I could not find the two war-steed cosmetic sets. Neither the Marauder steed cosmetics nor the Heavy Norcrofts Set. Yes I looked with a character that is 115 and can ride war-steeds and no that character had not bought any of them before.

Maybe they will be activated to appear with tommorows rotyating of weekly sales ???

Hrm, I just checked again and they are available. What time did you check the store and what timezone are you in?

Lightbulb

Hrm, I just checked again and they are available. What time did you check the store and what timezone are you in?
    Around 19.30 (7.30pm) something (not sure exact time but around that time) and In Europe, CET. The Summer Festival had started and I had just done Thrang and checked the store after that, so I think the festival started at 17.00pm. At least others said it had been on for around 2-3 hrs when I logged on.

I checked under featured items and even war-steed cosmetics. I think last time I found them there but didn't see them there this time.

I am about to log on again (after several hours break) and will check once more.

Thumbs up

Around 19.30 (7.30pm) something (not sure exact time but around that time) and In Europe, CET. The Summer Festival had started and I had just done Thrang and checked the store after that, so I think the festival started at 17.00pm. At least others said it had been on for around 2-3 hrs when I logged on.

I checked under featured items and even war-steed cosmetics. I think last time I found them there but didn't see them there this time.

I am about to log on again (after several hours break) and will check once more.
    Update: Logged on again and now they are there. Under Featured Items ---> New To LOTRO Store. same place I looked earlier but then I think Silvan Quiver was the item at the top. I must probably have looked just before the store had activated/added the items. Awesome as I want to buy Marauder set for two more characters. Acctually one more for me and one for one of my sons characters. Which also mean I will buy the Champion steed, as I want to mix the swords from that with Marauder steed cosmetic parts.

Lightbulb

And another update: Just realized (didn't think about that) that I could not buy the war-steed cosmetics of marauder for my son on the character he wants it on. That character is only like LvL 35 and can't even see the war-steeds stuff in store as he's not done the LvL 85 quest yet. So if this is time limited again he won't be able to get it. I don't think You can trade it between characters on the same account either. If so we could buy it with one of his LvL 115 and then give to his Lvl 35 for later use. Don't want to buy the set just to find out it automatically ends up in war-steed panel or bound to the character that buys it. I don't think we will manage to get that character 15 levels up to 50 either in time. Then, at 50, we could have used a valar to get him to 105 (he has a 50-105 valar lying around that he got from me as a gift some time ago) and then unlock war-steed. But if the set is on sale for a week I doubt we'll make that. It's festival again as well, so can't just focus on one character like that. Oh well. I will get one for another of my own characters at least which is LvL 95.

It won't be the last time you see these items if you miss it this time. There are other items coming too!

And....they're back!
    What's back? Where?

Store >> Featured Items >> Limited Time displays Steed of the White City. That's it. Nothing else.

Store >> Featured Items >> New to LOTRO Store does show a couple steeds (Norcrofts, Marauder) and 2 Moria weapons (sword and 1 handed axe, not the axe shown in the OP). It also displays a whole bunch of kites/pets that are hardly new. I think most or all of them have been out at least a year.

Try again?

Quote Originally Posted by Thoroval View Post
    What's back? Where?

Store >> Featured Items >> Limited Time displays Steed of the White City. That's it. Nothing else.

Store >> Featured Items >> New to LOTRO Store does show a couple steeds (Norcrofts, Marauder) and 2 Moria weapons (sword and 1 handed axe, not the axe shown in the OP). It also displays a whole bunch of kites/pets that are hardly new. I think most or all of them have been out at least a year.

Try again?
    Yo can only see what the toon yo look with can use. So try look in store on different toon classes. Lajk guardian can see almost all cosmetic weps but no staff. Lm can see staff and sword. Only toon that done war steed q can see war steed cosmetics. I think yo understand what me mean. Hope that help.

Quote Originally Posted by Sun-Tzu View Post
    Yo can only see what the toon yo look with can use. So try look in store on different toon classes. Lajk guardian can see almost all cosmetic weps but no staff. Lm can see staff and sword. Only toon that done war steed q can see war steed cosmetics. I think yo understand what me mean. Hope that help.
    I get the weapon types (I wasn't addressing that aspect, I just reported some of what I saw), but to my points...

"Limited time" items are NOT showing up under Store >> Featured Items >> Limited Time. Limited time items should show up under Limited Time. Please fix.

Instead, they show up under Store >> Featured Items >> New to LOTRO Store and are mixed in with many items that are not new at all (premium housing writ, kites, pets). Please remove old stuff.

Because there's no text in the description indicating they're "limited time" and since they're missing from the Limited Time category, there's nothing to indicate to customers that availability is, in fact, time limited. I believe this is one of the points this thread was addressing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast