We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by SSG_RedPanda View Post
    It won't be the last time you see these items if you miss it this time. There are other items coming too!
    Oh, that gets me intrigued.

Hopefully some new nice looking stuff or even some old long awaited cosmetics as described in this thread:
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...would-buy-this

Which seem to have gone unnoticed and unreplied to for years.

These are exactly the sort of stuff I am willing to pay for with real money, as opposed to lootbox keys, stat tomes or crafting ingredients.

That being said. I also want new cosmetics to be added in the game as well to be able to be achieved moving forward. Not all in store. I do get that You're a busines after all, not a charity and people work at SSG and need to get paid. So some in store, some in game. Never ever in lootboxes. Cosmetics or nice looking weapons and armour is the inspiration for some to even play some content, simply to get those piece. Remove that completely and You remove the insentive for many. Just thought that important to point out.

I also need to correct my previous post. The Marauder war-steed cosmetics comes delivered in like an envelope thing. That is bound to account. Not until You open it and get the pieces in Your bag will they bind to character. So we were able to buy my son a set, using one of his 115 characters and then mail to his lower level alt.

Whoever designed that to work that way, job well done. That means You can buy things and send to Your alt when the alt can not see it in store due to too low level. Very clever. I realized that as I bough that 2nd set for one of my characters and read the description on the envelope. You should do that with other things like war-steed dyes as well. So no character is unable to buy an item due to too low level or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoroval View Post
    I get the weapon types (I wasn't addressing that aspect, I just reported some of what I saw), but to my points...

"Limited time" items are NOT showing up under Store >> Featured Items >> Limited Time. Limited time items should show up under Limited Time. Please fix.

Instead, they show up under Store >> Featured Items >> New to LOTRO Store and are mixed in with many items that are not new at all (premium housing writ, kites, pets). Please remove old stuff.

Because there's no text in the description indicating they're "limited time" and since they're missing from the Limited Time category, there's nothing to indicate to customers that availability is, in fact, time limited. I believe this is one of the points this thread was addressing.
    Acctually a very good point. I hadn't thought of it like that, but You are correct. I didn't undersand either at first what You meant. However Your latest explanation does make me understand and You are indeed correct.
    Last edited by Lord.Funk; Aug 12 2018 at 12:02 AM.
    "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy because you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." /Edward Snowden
    Never The Spy-Tool Windows 10 Who needs DirectX 12 anyway ??? Vulkan is better. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Thoroval View Post
    I get the weapon types (I wasn't addressing that aspect, I just reported some of what I saw), but to my points...

"Limited time" items are NOT showing up under Store >> Featured Items >> Limited Time. Limited time items should show up under Limited Time. Please fix.

Instead, they show up under Store >> Featured Items >> New to LOTRO Store and are mixed in with many items that are not new at all (premium housing writ, kites, pets). Please remove old stuff.

Because there's no text in the description indicating they're "limited time" and since they're missing from the Limited Time category, there's nothing to indicate to customers that availability is, in fact, time limited. I believe this is one of the points this thread was addressing.
    I'm sorry for the confusion it's causing. Thank you for the feedback. We are working on doing some improvements to our store to improve the experience in a future update.

You can now find these items in the Limited Time section as well. Thank you again for your feedback.

>That means You can buy things and send to Your alt when the alt can not see it in store due to too low level.<

If you are looking at improving the store experience, in ways that will produce more sales, this is definitely something to look at.

Firstly - as a general comment - why not let any character see everything but give a warning if it tries to buy something it cannot use. Maybe the player wants to buy it for another character or even other account but doesn't want to log characters on constantly to see everything available to every character.

Secondly, if this is too much of a change, at least let characters buy things they cannot use *now* but will be able to use *later*. Thus, let a level 49 or below both see and buy the level 50 boosts. There is no reason whatever other than store design why a level 49 or below cannot even *see* an item it can use in as little as one more level.

Quote Originally Posted by SSG_RedPanda View Post
    You can now find these items in the Limited Time section as well. Thank you again for your feedback.
    That's an improvement. Thank you.

In addition, the listing itself should indicate it's time limited. For future listings I suggest including specific time limited text in the item description, e.g. "Available during the Summer Festival." or "Available through August 19th." This text should precede all other text so that it can be seen without clicking "Learn more". Remember that items can also be located and viewed via a Search thus skipping the Limited Time category.

Quote Originally Posted by istvana View Post
    >That means You can buy things and send to Your alt when the alt can not see it in store due to too low level.<

If you are looking at improving the store experience, in ways that will produce more sales, this is definitely something to look at.

Firstly - as a general comment - why not let any character see everything but give a warning if it tries to buy something it cannot use. Maybe the player wants to buy it for another character or even other account but doesn't want to log characters on constantly to see everything available to every character.

Secondly, if this is too much of a change, at least let characters buy things they cannot use *now* but will be able to use *later*. Thus, let a level 49 or below both see and buy the level 50 boosts. There is no reason whatever other than store design why a level 49 or below cannot even *see* an item it can use in as little as one more level.
    I agree. However I can also see why this was put in place in the first place. I can imagine that some newer to the game would buy something to then realize they could not use it...yet... Then make a ticket and demand a refund. That takes up staff resources. Not all have lived in the game for years like some of us, he he he !!! Newer players are bound to make mistakes.

Still I totally agree. Not being able to buy war-steed dyes, war-steed cosmetics, Valars or whatever for a character when on sale is indeed frustrating at times.
    "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy because you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." /Edward Snowden
    Never The Spy-Tool Windows 10 Who needs DirectX 12 anyway ??? Vulkan is better. :)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2