We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Please for the love of god will someone list how to avoid one shot areas? and sticky it!

Like in Angmar? What others are there and What is needed to avoid such pointless deaths.

I guess you discovered the line of death (Rammas Deluon) the hard way. If you follow the Epic Quest line you find out before you get to it and also get the quest arc that enables you to pass through it.

There are Roving Threats in a lot of the older areas, like Angmar, Evendim, and Forochel, that were added during the Gondor expansion. They're level 105 mobs. They're also slow and in a limited area that you don't need to go to unless you're explicitly hunting them. Full list here:

https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Roving_Threats

Moria has a lot of places where gravity will one shot you.
    The Lag is so bad I saw Sara Oakheart outrun someone - kickman77

Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Belegthelion, Ingoror, Gloringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

yes =) ty for the link! so i will be ok if i just keep the main quest line up to date?

Quote Originally Posted by hgffgffhjygf View Post
    yes =) ty for the link! so i will be ok if i just keep the main quest line up to date?
    Those statues in Angmar are the only insta-death thing that's not obvious. From now on, the big benefit of keeping the Epic Quest line up to date is the fact that it rewards you with good items.

Moria has a lot of deadly drops, and there are places where it looks like the tunnel has a slight rise then goes downward, but only goes a short distance to a sheer drop. It's all just a matter of look before you run that way.

Lothlorien used to have one-shot treetop archers at the border and you had to get rep to pass them, but no longer. You just walk past them nowadays and nothing happens. There's a locked gate to get into the center that you have to unlock with rep, or at some points a quest to see Galadriel will let you use a rope to get over the wall.

There used to be one shot orc archers preventing you from swimming from Lorien to Mirkwood. The intrepid Germans organized a mass swim across the Anduin and managed to overload the orc archers and make it to the eastern shore. Then the server crashed. I'm not sure if this was converted to Anduin DoT effect, but in any case you can cross by boat near the Lothlorien Vinyards stable to get to the Mirkwood expansion content.

The Anduin River itself is deadly in a lot of areas, but not one-shot. Most of this is below the Falls of Rauros (which you must swim out to for a deed). Downstream from the falls the river is a heavy DoT. You get 500 damage every 2 seconds just for getting your toes wet and 1000 or 2000 per for swimming. In eastern Gondor it can be kinda iffy when you are swimming in a tributary and get too far from shore and cross into the deadly Anduin. Only a problem if you like to take slow river routes around mobs to get to places and go too far down a tributary and can't swim to a safer spot in time. Just walking into the Anduin you start seeing the DoT effect before it gets serious, so you can back out fast. Just don't walk off a bluff into the river and die before you can swim to a place to climb out.

Ettenmoors does have one-shot mobs defending rez circles and home areas. (So half are on your side .) The players on the other side are none too shabby either, and they can ambush you anywhere.

Have fun!
    The Lag is so bad I saw Sara Oakheart outrun someone - kickman77

Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Belegthelion, Ingoror, Gloringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

I am pretty sure that Angmar spot is the only one where you die just by walking into it. Though you do get a rather massive dose of dread on approach as a warning. Various other spots, (Black Gate, undead hill in Wastes, too close to lava in Mordor) you just start taking damage at a very high rate, and can quickly move away before dying.

Oh, and jumping on top of something that looks hazardous, even from not very large height, can kill you. I.e. some orc camps have spike filled moats. Jumping into one of those is usually fatal.

The green water in Urugarth and Carn Dum is also fatal.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosdracir View Post
    Moria has a lot of places where gravity will one shot you.
    and many of those places give you a title for your efforts...
    Ujest - 120 Lore-master, Opun Tia - 95 Warden, Veneur - 75 Hunter, Cneasai - 61 Minstrel, plus alts and mules
    Officer, Pipeweed and Ale, Arkenstone (formerly Friends of Frodo, Vilya)

Quote Originally Posted by Nosdracir View Post
    There are Roving Threats in a lot of the older areas, like Angmar, Evendim, and Forochel, that were added during the Gondor expansion. They're level 105 mobs. They're also slow and in a limited area that you don't need to go to unless you're explicitly hunting them.
    Not entirely true, a few wander out in open places you could easily be passing through, and in Angmar, one spends pretty much all its time standing within a short distance of one of Orchalwë's quest objectives in Annuminas, making that quest nearly impossible now.

There is an unavoidable defeat in the epic quest chain (again, in Angmar) but it simply makes you retreat to where you were going to return after that quest anyway, so it just costs you some buffs.

There are places in a few Epic Battles where you're told to leave an area, but in pretty vague terms, and if you don't leave that area in time, instant defeat. Some also have areas you instantly get defeated in if you wander too far off where they intend you to go.

I think you can still get an instant defeat if you try to swim from Lothlórien to southern Mirkwood.

There are walls of instant death at various places in the Ice Bay in Forochel. Swimming in the ice bay causes damage that can be pretty heavy when you're on-level, but at high levels, it becomes trivial to regen through, so you may start to explore. Then wham, you hit the wall of death and it doesn't matter how fast you regen.

Aren't there some instadeath spots in pre-flood Isengard? I have a vague memory of some, but it's not a region I've done much in.