We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
    2 Long Street, Corstead, Bree-land Homesteads, Crickhollow, Sweden

Anyone running 4k able to see Completed Quest tree? Does it work at all?

I know, this could probably go under Tech Support, pondered it a bit and decided to put it here.

See, I was going to check out some completed quests and find myself not being able to tick the checkbox for that.

I can search, or at least enter letter in the search box, but although the check box is just to the right of the search box, well, it's not "tickable".

From my experience running the game in 4K and 3840 x 2180 pixels of resolution, there might be an issue related to that. I have Desktop scaling at 125%. I have tried enabling and disabling the DPI settings for the Launcher but it does not seem to make any difference..
    The Elruthrim Brethren of Crickhollow
    Malancil CHN, Historian Calchiar CPT, Explorer Sturmdrang WDN, Woodsman Anancite GRD, Armourer Tarostel HNT, Armsman Angredeth HNT, Tinker Dromarong GRD, Dwarf

Anyone out there? Heloooooo?

Echooo
    Malancil CHN, Historian Calchiar CPT, Explorer Sturmdrang WDN, Woodsman Anancite GRD, Armourer Tarostel HNT, Armsman Angredeth HNT, Tinker Dromarong GRD, Dwarf

Are you using a UI skin - one of the JRR ones, for example? As my Quest log is like that if I have one of the JRR skins applied and I only run at 1080p. If I go back to the default UI with no skin applied it works fine.

No, no UI skin that changes any of that visibly anyhow.

I do however use the Extended and Enhanced Panels and I see an update of that is available. I'll see if that makes any difference.

ok, it works without the skin, despite the skin not being supposed to actually changing anything in the relevant section of the UI. I logged on and off between changes to make sure.

I have reported this issue at Lotro Interface.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Marancil View Post
    Anyone out there? Heloooooo?

Echooo
    This issue has been known for three weeks now and discussed here: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-with-ui-skins

Maybe, my bad in that case, but did anyone tell the authors of the skins....? Cause I did and so have another one at Lotrointerface done as well.

I don't know for sure but they may be waiting for an update to the skinning pack from SSG, which I think is what they use to make these UIs.

Datum: I don't use "skins" in-game, and I have no problem with looking at my completed skills list. I like the new version, since it does give me a window saying it's in process.

Before that feature came in, I would wait and wait, not knowing whether I had clicked once (to bring it up) or twice (to turn it off again).

That said, I'm assuming a lot of players do use skins from some source or another, and to make the new feature compatible with them would be an improvement.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone
    www.kithrup.com/~djheydt/

I have the same problem with JRR skin Eorlingas, and also made a bug report for SSG.
    But I found a solution. Not perfect, but at least it works for me.

Go to the file:
    Dokuments\The Lord of the Rings Online\ui\skins\JRR Skins collection\# Eorlingas #\_ Large toolbar\SkinDefinition

Open the file and Search for:

<Element ID="Quest_ShowCompleted" X="68" Y="62" Width="10" Height="10"> </Element>

I changed X to 178

<Element ID="Quest_ShowCompletedText" X="74" Y="57" Width="180" Height="20"> </Element>

I changed X to 180

I guess that works, thanks for the tip. I should look in to the code more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Marancil View Post
    I guess that works, thanks for the tip. I should look in to the code more often.
    Note that you have to find the file named SkinDefinition in the folder containing the skin you are using ofc.

Took me a while to find the correct bit of code

No problem, been messing with similar stuff before and I found it. Thanks to your description.

Hi, I've released the v6.22.4 of the JRR skins and Extended and Enhanced Panels, it features a fix for the quest book.

http://www.lotrointerface.com/list.php?skinnerid=4511

Regards,

Adra.