We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

How do I join additional allegiances?

I joined the elves initially, and somehow...I don't recall how, I ended up with a quest for the Men of Gondor as well. Now I'd like to check out the other two allegiance groups, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to make their quest givers appear at the black gate like the others.

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question! I've googled the heck out of it, but I can't seem to find the answer in any allegiance guide or on the lotro wiki.

Edit: As always posting here has a curative effect! I think there is a hidden law that states that no matter how long I spend researching something, once I give up and post here, within 5 minutes I discover the answer! I found the "join" button on the rep panel, and then riding away from the gate and back again (I did see references to this in the guides) made the new quest giver appear. Turns out I completely forgot that there was a join button and was going nuts looking for a starter quest.
    Last edited by CloudCastle; Jul 17 2018 at 02:21 PM.

You need to talk to the starting NPCs for the other factions. They're all in the same general area, just outside the ruins of the Black Gate where you picked up the first allegiance quest. Each faction NPC will give you the first quest for that allegiance.

before talking to the NPCs, you need to choose the allegiance in the rep window. Only afterwards, the NPCs have the quests.
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Anführer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

Yes, thank you everyone. I figured out after posting that I needed to go through the tabs on the new allegiance panel and hit the "join" button on each. I knew the quest givers were supposed to appear at the Black Gate but had completely forgotten how to get them to show up! I had to leave the area and come back again, but they were there when I returned.