We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
  1. What class should I main?

I am a returning player who once spent a good amount of time raiding and pvp. I was away for several years and am now back and getting back into the game.

I have spent a good part of the summer playing different characters, but I am having trouble choosing which to main... and I do want to concentrate on one so that I can do end content again. In general, in the past I have enjoyed support and tank classes, but I am not adverse to a dps class. My old main, a captain, doesn't interest me because I find that personal dps solo has fallen too far below the curve to make landscape enjoyable and because the solo rotation pretty fixed.

What I enjoy: in solo play I enjoy going after harder than average content and using multiple skills; I like different experiences with different traitlines. So far, this has put the LM out in front. My concern is that the yellow LM is generally limited to one per group; they don't stack well and, while their dps is fine for landscape, it isn't anything special in a group. I also like the warden solo, but am concerned that they are sub-optimal for grouping as well. Yellow hunter interests me, though I recognize I'd go red for grouping most of the time.... Any suggestions? I'd like to decide who to focus on.

Thanks!

If you're considering a tank try Guardian. The class has received a DPS buff recently and soloing to level is much quicker. Very strong character now. I have a blue and a yellow line though you will eventually hybridize into both lines. Very fun running into a camp and laying waste to every orc there 5-10 at a time.

I also have a LM which is entertaining but I have trouble accepting the pet summoning as part of the LOTR lore though by that measure there's quite a bit in the game I have to "just accept."

Quote Originally Posted by seyahat View Post
    (...) I also like the warden solo, but am concerned that they are sub-optimal for grouping as well. Yellow hunter interests me, though I recognize I'd go red for grouping most of the time.... Any suggestions? I'd like to decide who to focus on.

Thanks!
    Wardens aren't bad as dps right now, I heard. Tanking... wardens are not the first choice, but maybe one of the next balance patches will fix that. Yellow hunter... can't advice to play or not to play it. Trapper of Foes hadn't had its balancing pass and it is not even decided which path it will take. Time will tell.

Play what you enjoy the most. Future balance patches, whenever they will come, may change a lot.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.
    Trapper of Foes needs better tools to fulfill it's supporting(CC and offensive debuffs) and DoT role.

This is a game - play the class you decide you enjoy most - any of them can do high level content although the fussiest raid guilds will have some they don't encourage.