We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Cosmetic Weapons Visual Database

**UPDATED AS OF 9/14/19**

Greetings my fellow LOTRO Players!

For the past several months, when time permits, I've been collecting screenshots of weapons I've discovered in my eight years of playing LOTRO. Most of the weapons you'll find in the links provided below, I've actually collected. Some I've been able to screenshot through the Item Treasury plugins. Since cosmetic weapons were introduced back in the summer of 2015, I've noticed many players using weapon skins to compliment their attire and I thought having something like this would be useful. It's my hope that this guide useful to the community, making it easier to hunt down both common and the more elusive skins! These collections are by no means perfect, as they're my personal collection or what I have immediate access to.

You can find the database here at Material Middle-earth under the "Cosmetics Weapons Project" tab.

Or you can directly follow the links to the category of your choice:

Staff Collection, Part 1
    Staff Collection, Part 2
    Halberd Collection
    Sword Collection, Part 1
    Sword Collection, Part 2
    Spear Collection
    Bow Collection, Part 1
    Bow Collection, Part 2
    Javelin Collection
    Axe Skin Collection, Part 1
    Axe Skin Collection, Part 2
    Great Swords Collection
    Great Axes Collection
    Dagger Collection, Part 1
    Dagger Collection, Part 2
    Mace Collection, Part 1
    Mace Collection, Part 2
    Crossbow Collection, Part 1
    Crossbow Collection, Part 2
    Club Collection, Part 1
    Club Collection, Part 2
    Rune-keeper Satchel Collection
    Great Club Collection, Part 1
    Great Club Collection, Part 2
    Great Hammer Collection, Part 1
    Great Hammer Collection, Part 2
    Hammer Collection, Part 1
    Hammer Collection, Part 2
    LOTRO Store Weapon Skins Collection
    Sword Skins Collection, Part 3
    Cosmetic Implements Collection
    Staff Skins Collection, Part 3
    Halberd Skins Collection, Part 2
    Thrang's Weapons Collection

Added 9/14/19:
    "Back Slot" Cosmetic Shield Skins
    Cosmetic Shield Skins
    Light Shield Skins, Part 1
    Light Shield Skins, Part 2
    Warden Shield Skins, Part 1
    Warden Shield Skins, Part 2
    Heavy Shield Skins, Part 1
    Heavy Shield Skins, Part 2

Thank you for your time and I hope this is helpful! And please let me know if there's another way to obtain any weapon you see!

~Nathrien
    Last edited by Nathrien_Estelenlaer; Sep 14 2019 at 11:02 AM. Reason: updated links

My friend, you are awesome!
    “ädvëntürës ärë nöt äll pönÿ-rïdës ïn mäÿ-sünshïnë.”

Quote Originally Posted by Nathrien_Estelenlaer View Post
    And please let me know if there's another way to obtain any weapon you see!
    Off the top of my head:

Staff of the Eglan Sage, barter with Eglain at kindred standing (at the Garth Agarwen Gates).

Will post more if I recognize more items from elsewhere.

This database is an absolute treasure, so many appearances I had never seen before (like the unique crafted LI skins, who would've guessed??!). Thank you for this amazing work, looking forward to seeing more categories getting filled up.
    Éalá Éarendel engla beorhtast,
    ofer middangeard monnum sended,
    ond sóð
    fæsta sunnan léoma,
    torht ofer tung
    las, þú tída gehwane,
    of sylfum þé symle inlíhtes!

-
    "Leaving the game plan is a sign of panic, and panic is not in our game plan." - Chuck Noll

(just noticed something else, but making a separate post)

The description states : "Great Axe of the Khazad-dûm Vaults - Obtainable in the LOTRO Store as of 7/9/2018"

Something must not be coming through for me, as the only two results I see in the Store for cosmetic weapons is the single-hand axe with double blades, and a one-handed sword that looks like a stretched noodle version of Herugrim from the movies.

For a day after most recent patch, there was also a cosmetic skin for a "Staff of the Khazad-dum Vaults" that sadly looked like a fairly obtainable Staff of the Second Age level 58 - but it disappeared again from the Store almost immediately.

I suspect some bugs are in play while the cosmetic weapons category in Store is still being polished? I hope so, as it means the current appearances are inconclusive and more skins will be added, including the ultra unobtainable First Age appearances in lower 50s range.

What search terms are you entering?
    Éalá Éarendel engla beorhtast,
    ofer middangeard monnum sended,
    ond sóð
    fæsta sunnan léoma,
    torht ofer tung
    las, þú tída gehwane,
    of sylfum þé symle inlíhtes!

-
    "Leaving the game plan is a sign of panic, and panic is not in our game plan." - Chuck Noll

Quote Originally Posted by Herwegur View Post
    The description states : "Great Axe of the Khazad-dûm Vaults - Obtainable in the LOTRO Store as of 7/9/2018"

What search terms are you entering?
    I actually encountered them when I clicked on New to the LOTRO Store under, I think, Featured Items. There's a long listing of new items and among them are six or seven weapons. Unfortunately, there's no actual weapons category in the store yet. And as for that staff, I have no clue what happened...rumor has it there was a bug in the store and it vanished temporarily.

Quote Originally Posted by Herwegur View Post
    Off the top of my head:

Staff of the Eglan Sage, barter with Eglain at kindred standing (at the Garth Agarwen Gates).
    Thanks! I'll get that info updated

Hopefully I'll be able to get the rest of the categories posted in a timely manner. Making just one of those entries consumes quite a bit of time.

Please keep in mind that this guide is about 2/3 complete.
    IMHO I would say less than half

I believe each level of Li between lvl 50 and 60 has its own look. And I didn´t see the 2nd Age lvl 75 (so called cow staff). There are also Thrang weapons missing. I didn´t see the mordor weapons.

Still, excellent project. Good luck with it.
    Ich bin kein Deutscher, sorry für Grammatik.
    English isn't my native language, sorry for mistakes.

I've been collecting screenshots of weapons I've discovered in my eight years of playing LOTRO.
    Some I've been able to screenshot through the Item Treasury plugins.
    Great project, thanks for sharing all your information!

(A pity you're not interested in shields, I wonder what rare treasures you'd be able to dig up there ^^)

Thank you Nathrien for doing this!

I was gonna ask if you accept suggestions of items that haven't been featured, but that would mean even more work, both in obtaining them and in formatting them into same screenshot pattern to fit with the style of the catalog.

Quote Originally Posted by Onno View Post
    (A pity you're not interested in shields, I wonder what rare treasures you'd be able to dig up there ^^)
    Oh, I was just thinking of shields! But is it a definite no?

I have been considering shields, and I will most likely get to them too, but I would like to get weapons out of the way first.

After all, there are some beautiful shields out there too!

Quote Originally Posted by Estelrandir View Post
    IMHO I would say less than half

I believe each level of Li between lvl 50 and 60 has its own look. And I didn´t see the 2nd Age lvl 75 (so called cow staff). There are also Thrang weapons missing. I didn´t see the mordor weapons.

Still, excellent project. Good luck with it.
    I'm basing this project around my personal collection of weapons, so these guides will never be truly complete if you're looking for a full database. Once I've covered all of the categories, I might go back and add some missing items like the Thrang weapons (I've only managed to collect four of them, considering how expensive they are). I just don't have time to dig through, for example, about 1200 staff skins or around 4000 one-handed swords and sort out each unique skin. One step at a time

I'm basing this project around my personal collection of weapons, so these guides will never be truly complete if you're looking for a full database. (...)
    I just don't have time to dig through, for example, about 1200 staff skins or around 4000 one-handed swords and sort out each unique skin. One step at a time
    I think it's great you pointed out the staff-skins that are only available via relic-master! Never knew these existed.

Very cool, I've wanted something like this for a long time. Thanks for taking the time to make this, I look forward to progress as it comes along.

Thumbs up

Awesome stuff OP !!!

Really nice thread. I had never seen that two-handed Great Axe from Minas Tirith before. Now I want it for my Beorn and possibly my Dwarf Guardian as well. Is it bartered with some instance tokens or just normal Minas Tirith daily tokens ???

I know a few weapons You are missing but can't name them off hand. They are from weapon merchant NPC's in old SoA areas. Among other things a one hand sword that looks a bit darker and worn. Very fitting for like a ranger or hunter, even a burglar or something like that. Not a fancy sword but more basic, well used, dirty and almost rusty. My son uses it as cosmetics on his man race hunter that look more like Faramir or even Aragorn when he travels as Strider. Goes well with my sons choice of grey hooded outfit. I'll check next time when we are in-game at the same time. Maybe You're only interested in more rare and special ones that are harder to get, not sure ??? I think there are also a few bows You are missing but hey that's Ok. It can be built upon and added. Awesome initiative and work. *thumbs up*
    Last edited by Lord.Funk; Jul 17 2018 at 12:33 PM.
    "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy because you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." /Edward Snowden
    Never The Spy-Tool Windows 10 Who needs DirectX 12 anyway ??? Vulkan is better. :)

awesome stuff ^^

wanted to buy more, but suddenly items were gone :l

Thumbs up

Servers came up and my son logged in and we took some screenshots of his character with those sword I mentioned. Hunters are dual wield so he uses 2 identical ones. At first I could not get only one to show up in the enlarged dressing room plug-in. It did not help to untick the "eye" and make the cosmetic invisible. Both hand would still hold sword in the dressing room and they would cross over each other, so I took normal in-game screenshots.

It's acctually LvL 5 white common rarity (not green or any real rarity) sword called "Fine Longsword" although it's one-handed.

Then finally we removed his cosmetic version in one hand completely and also the equipped weapon in his hand and finally we could take a screenshot of the dressing room with only one sword in hand.

As You can see it's a bit more dark metal, dirty and well used even with some small rust. I think it fits his ouitfit very well and at least he bought it years ago from a normal wepaon vendor npc for some silver. Maybe it was in Bree, Thorins Hall or Ost Guruth or something but in one of the old SoA areas at least.

Oh well here are some bonus screenshots I took while we were working to get it to show up in dressing room properly.

Not even sure if You are interested in such plain looking weapons at all but i think there are other weapons too on those SoA area NPC's. Usually different armour look as well in different towns/regions in SoA areas. Like You can find one chest piece in Thorins Hall then other designs in Ost Guruth or Rivendell. Sometimes totally different, sometimes just small details differ. Same with weapons too i think.
    Last edited by Lord.Funk; Jul 28 2018 at 03:21 AM.
    "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy because you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." /Edward Snowden
    Never The Spy-Tool Windows 10 Who needs DirectX 12 anyway ??? Vulkan is better. :)

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteGoliath View Post
    awesome stuff ^^

wanted to buy more, but suddenly items were gone :l
    Yes, I was going to buy some of those yesterday, but they'd been pulled from the LOTRO Store. Don't know why...and it's very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord.Funk View Post
    Awesome stuff OP !!!

Really nice thread. I had never seen that two-handed Great Axe from Minas Tirith before. Now I want it for my Beorn and possibly my Dwarf Guardian as well. Is it bartered with some instance tokens or just normal Minas Tirith daily tokens ???
    I think it's just the MT Silver Tokens.

Not even sure if You are intersted in such plain looking weapons at all but i think there are other weapons to on those SoA area NPC's. Usually different armour looks too in different towns/regions in SoA areas. Like You can find one chest piece in Thorin's Hall then other designs in Ost Guruth or Rivendell. Sometimes totally different, sometimes just small details differ. Same with weapons too i think.
    Originally, it was simply going to be a collection of what skins I'd collected. Then I started hunting down some of the more elusive skins, either from vendors, quests, or creature drops. Then crafted skins were added. I do plan on going back, time permitting, and fleshing out earlier collections with more skins which could very well include the more common ones.

Because Blogspot doesn't allow certain blog functions (tables being a prime example), I have to manually code some entries with HTML and/or CSS. It takes me between one and two hours to screenshot and format the pictures. Another hour to add the names and methods of obtaining each skin, hyperlinking included. And when I have to add the custom HTML coding, it can add as much as two or three hours to the workload for a single blog post.

It's become a massive undertaking. Far larger than I had anticipated, as the collection criteria has been endlessly expanding.

But yes, thank you for the screenshot and suggestion!

Lightbulb

Awesome stuff OP !!!

I think it's just the MT Silver Tokens.
    I spent the entire night grinding up to over 125 Minas Tirith Silver Tokens, as that was the price for the War-axe of Khand, as well as being Kindred with The Defenders Of Minas Tirith is a requirement.

Then when I finally bartered for it and put it in my wardrobe to then use as cosmetics on my Beorn, I realized that this is not a 2-handed great axe at all. It is in fact one-handed. Yes, even with those long handle bars/grips and it looks really silly with 2 of them as dual wield. The design is clearly originally meant for 2-handed with those long handle bars/grips but it isn't made to be that in-game for some reason. It only works as cosmetics over one-handed weapons. What an anti-climax. 125 Tokens and an entire night wasted. No idea why they did not make this a 2-handed axe/cosmetic when it looks the way it looks ???
    Last edited by Lord.Funk; Jul 23 2018 at 06:10 AM.

I spent the entire night grinding up to over 125 Minas Tirith Silver Tokens, as that was the price for the War-axe of Khand, as well as being Kindred with The Defenders Of Minas Tirith is a requirement.

Then when I finally bartered for it and put it in my wardrobe to then use as cosmetics on my Beorn, I realized that this is not a 2-handed great axe at all. It is in fact one-handed. Yes, even with those long handle bars/grips and it looks really silly with 2 of them as dual wield. The design is clearly originally meant for 2-handed with those long handle bars/grips but it isn't made to be that in-game for some reason. It only works as cosmetics over one-handed weapons. What an anti-climax. 125 Tokens and an entire night wasted. No idea why they did not make this a 2-handed axe/cosmetic when it looks the way it looks ???
    To tell you the truth, I'm not surprised. As I've been working on this, I've found more misclassified weapons than expected. I've seen maces classified as clubs, javelins classified as bows, and swords classified as daggers, for example, in the game's database. I hadn't realized that this great axe was actually a one-handed axe. I'll have to update that, or at least put a note on the 2h post on the off chance it gets corrected some day. Thanks for catching that...I thought I'd been thorough enough. I'm also sorry that you wasted so much time collecting something that wasn't what it appeared to be.

This is great! Thank you.

*image snip*

SSG, please don't ever "fix" this. Dual-wielding those is hilarious, and I did the awful MT token grind for just that.

Thumbs up

To tell you the truth, I'm not surprised. As I've been working on this, I've found more misclassified weapons than expected. I've seen maces classified as clubs, javelins classified as bows, and swords classified as daggers, for example, in the game's database. I hadn't realized that this great axe was actually a one-handed axe. I'll have to update that, or at least put a note on the 2h post on the off chance it gets corrected some day. Thanks for catching that...I thought I'd been thorough enough. I'm also sorry that you wasted so much time collecting something that wasn't what it appeared to be.
    Well it's not Your fault. It's whoever coded this art into the game and coded it as one-handed instead of two-handed plus partly my own fault for not reading the description on it better before bartering or even starting the grind.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by LadyLeopard View Post

SSG, please don't ever "fix" this. Dual-wielding those is hilarious, and I did the awful MT token grind for just that.
    I agree that they shouldn't change the excisting ones, as I suppose some , just like You, have bartered for them and are used to them being 1-handed. It doesn't matter if it was a mistake or not. I already thought about that last night.

What I think SSG should do is add a 2-handed with same art-work. So there is one of each. That way people can chose which version they want.

I agree that they shouldn't change the excisting ones, as I suppose some , just like You, have bartered for them and are used to them being 1-handed. It doesn't matter if it was a mistake or not. I already thought about that last night.

What I think SSG should do is add a 2-handed with same art-work. So there is one of each. That way people can chose which version they want.
    Totally agreed.

The next part of the Cosmetic Weapons Project will resume on August 4th, starting with knives, and should run through mid-October.

Stoutroot. One-handed Sword. Drop from Grimbark in the Arboretum instance of Garth Agarwen

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast