We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Quote Originally Posted by sapienze View Post
    Do you even play this game? Many in this thread are pvpers. Nearly all of them endorse grouping in pve and pvp. And ofc they all solo landscape content at some point even if is in the pvp area.

The animation cutting has everything to do with these same posters on either side of the discussion. Again do you play this game?
    Oh! My bad! I made an assumption and we all know what happens when one assumes. For that, I apologize. I promise to no longer assume those who read my posts have, at least, mastered 3rd grade reading comprehension. I guess a PhD doesn't mean what it used to.

Now, as to my post that you quoted, you'll notice the inclusion of the word "will" in a couple of key spots. That word puts the meaning of the post in the future tense, meaning I'm not referring to something that HAS happened, but something that IS GOING to happen. In this particular case, I'm referencing the tendency of threads of this nature to attract players who scream of some perceived injustice in the game, hoping to get it changed, when the reality is that the perceived injustice has nothing to do with how they play the game.

Lastly, as to your comments; YEP! Probably more than you. At the very least, I play enough to discern that the importance of animation cutting skills is weighted almost entirely towards those who participate in PvP and/or group content, versus the more casual type of player, who is only playing solo landscape so they can experience Tolkien's mythos in this game. So the condescension of your comment is actually rather funny. Especially since the three of you arguing to have these skills changed, seem to be relying on conjecture and conspiracy theory to try and infer different meaning on what the Dev posted.

At any rate, I have no dog in this fight. I'm just here for the entertainment and some commentary. Carry on with your discussion of this non-issue.
    CAANJAAL - Like Visa and Savoir Faire, he's everywhere!!!
    "If you find yourself in a fair fight, you've already lost!"

Quote Originally Posted by Caanjaal View Post
    Oh! My bad! I made an assumption and we all know what happens when one assumes.
    Yes we do. However even the slightest lapse in judgment can be forgiven. Would you care for some raspberry tarts?
    Università degli Studi di Roma "La Sapienza" Sapienza University of Rome

Graduate PhD con lode Scienze della Politica

This issue looks no different to me than the multi boxing one; another distasteful legal practice, defended with the same insults and vehemence.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowlock View Post
    This issue looks no different to me than the multi boxing one; another distasteful legal practice, defended with the same insults and vehemence.
    Ok.
    Eredor-Champion, Ereworn-Minstrel, Ereshorn-Runekeeper, Eresworn-Hunter, Eremourn-Burglar, Erehorn-Captain, Erelorn-Warden, Eretorn-Lore-Master, Erescorn-Guardian... And Erecorn-Master Farmer

This is still going? How is this even a thing. Do you want wow combat where every skill has a global cd? You push a button, wait 1 sec, push another wait 1s....what boring combat.
    Captain-General Ughidontknow...Tripso rnk 6 burg...Izeatzfreepz rnk 8 warg....Yells rnk 10 warleader
    Leader of The Hobbit Syndicate
    "Everyone wants to be the hero and no one wants to be support"

Quote Originally Posted by idontcare789 View Post
    This is still going? How is this even a thing. Do you want wow combat where every skill has a global cd? You push a button, wait 1 sec, push another wait 1s....what boring combat.
    Yep, I'd like WoW combat. its much more smooth, you can move while doing things (aside inductions), only instants can cut other skills and have a delay, too.
    Thats all great. The only combat feature I prefer in lotro is the queue for skills, which allows to fight relaxed instead of button-mashing to start the next skill asap after the one just used.
    If it was only about combat, I'd clearly play WoW and not lotro.
    Blizzard has put enough thought in their combat system. Its simple, feels smooth, is rewarding, feels funny to me.
    lotro has too many different styles with classes that purely use normal attacks vs classes that use mainly fast attacks, a mix, inductions, many different timers (each skill has another animationtime/delay)... its more complicated for no sake. If the increased complexity would make it more fun or meaningful, I'd like it. But it doesnt. Its just more complex without any bonus. Plus, the increased complexity leads to imbalance and it feels like the devs are not even aware of all the resulting issues.
    Having three full skillbars on some classes where half of the skills litterally do the same... isnt good for anything. and there are many more flaws...
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Anführer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5