We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Lightbulb Steed of the Beorning?

Hi! As a returning player, I'm saddened to see that there's no steed of the Beorning yet.

My idea was basically that the horse/pony should be very fluffy, like the Tundra Steed, and have markings on its face with a free-flowing mane and bridle instead of a headcover. For the body, a simple wool covering with bear-claw and nordic knot patterns, and the packs on the back should include packs of basic provisions that the Beornings like to eat, and possibly even a simple, wild-style beehive? (I mean, the hunter gets a quiver on their steed, who's to say you don't keep your attack bees on your horse too?) The tail would be either free-flowing or wrapped, similar to the sunflower tail.

Seeing as all the other class steeds give warsteed cosmetics, ideally the Beorning-steed would grant these as warsteed cosmetics as well, allowing players to mix and match their warsteed's appearance-altering items as per usual.

Feel free to post your ideas for the Beorning-steed as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Spearow View Post
    Hi! As a returning player, I'm saddened to see that there's no steed of the Beorning yet.

My idea was basically that the horse/pony should be very fluffy, like the Tundra Steed, and have markings on its face with a free-flowing mane and bridle instead of a headcover. For the body, a simple wool covering with bear-claw and nordic knot patterns, and the packs on the back should include packs of basic provisions that the Beornings like to eat, and possibly even a simple, wild-style beehive? (I mean, the hunter gets a quiver on their steed, who's to say you don't keep your attack bees on your horse too?) The tail would be either free-flowing or wrapped, similar to the sunflower tail.

Seeing as all the other class steeds give warsteed cosmetics, ideally the Beorning-steed would grant these as warsteed cosmetics as well, allowing players to mix and match their warsteed's appearance-altering items as per usual.

This has been suggested before; as far as I know, nothing has ever come of it.

Some posters suggested that the horse have a bear's hide draped over it; but that didn't seem very nice. A Warg's hide, such as Beorn nailed to his barn door, might be better. There was also a suggestion of a portable beehive or two riding on the horse's crupper; this was generally approved. By the posters. The devs never said what they thought, but in any case they didn't do it.

It might be easier just to let the Beorning, in his/her bear form, run as fast as a horse.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Spearow View Post

That was originally my idea but thanks or bringing it again. https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...d-for-Beorning

~ Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth ~

Yet another great vision of a Beorning Mount.

This would go well with the combat update release. After all such an update will spark an interest in trying the beorning out once 'they are fixed' and this increased interest can also translate into an interest for a class/racial mount as well. It would be good marketing.
    Making Brides Princesses Again!

Quote Originally Posted by Milii View Post
    Yet another great vision of a Beorning Mount.
    [nothing visible]

Did you intend to attach a picture of some kind?
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone

No, I was talking about the OP's vision.
    I am sure whatever the Artist at SSG comes up with I will like it though. The art is a major reason (one of many) I play this game.
    The marketing could be better though.
    Making Brides Princesses Again!