We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

The Fish Pond is rather disappointing...

For a huge yard hook item, the pond takes up so little space. And I was also hoping, considering the name, that it actually allowed you to fish in your yard...which it does not. Perhaps reduce the ash cost (currently 2500 ash) and make it a large yard item instead? Or double the size of the pond to make it an actual huge hook decoration?

Last edited by Nathrien_Estelenlaer; Jul 13 2018 at 08:53 PM.

I would also like SSG to remove the inside/outside requirements of décor and allow us to put anything anywhere (except items that go into the biggest yard slot, since there is no corresponding slot inside the house). I think this would be better in a large inside/yard slot; I would love to be able to put this in the foyer of my Elven Kinhouse.

Thanks for the picture. Guess I will pass on this for now. Too much for too little pond.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Derquin View Post
    Thanks for the picture. Guess I will pass on this for now. Too much for too little pond.
    It is big, just not Huge yard big. I agree should be reclassified as large yard/large furniture so it can be used indoors as well. Also they can add a bigger yard pond item for huge yard slot. It is a neat looking item regardless.

~ Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth ~

Goodness. Yes, we will fix the hookpoint type for that pond. We'll set it to large yard and large furniture or special furniture--depending on where it fits.

Quote Originally Posted by DrOctothorpe View Post
    Goodness. Yes, we will fix the hookpoint type for that pond. We'll set it to large yard and large furniture or special furniture--depending on where it fits.
    And put some fish in it !!

Why you sound so exasperated?
    ----A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything----

Thanks for the reply. But please do not use special furniture. Those items/hooks are limiting enough. I would like them to be just large furniture/yard items/hooks.

Large Yard and large furniture for the Pond would be ok for a much greater choice of places to put it. And yes, some fish would be nice indeed.

Btw, does it allow to fish in it?

Quote Originally Posted by SharlaSedai View Post
    I would also like SSG to remove the inside/outside requirements of décor and allow us to put anything anywhere (except items that go into the biggest yard slot, since there is no corresponding slot inside the house). I think this would be better in a large inside/yard slot; I would love to be able to put this in the foyer of my Elven Kinhouse.
    Do you want couches on porches? Because that's how you get couches on porches.

Thurallor, Warden of Landroval
    Author of plugins: SequenceBars, Reminders, others

Quote Originally Posted by SharlaSedai View Post
    I would like this as well. As for an inside pool, I put the elven reflection pool in my house.

I actually really like the fishpond, though I will like it even more when it's not classed as a 'Huge Yard' slot. I'd also like to point out that there also appears to be a large invisible hill on top of it. My friend took a screenshot of us stood on top to make it look like we were giants on top of our kinhouse...

Nellum - Champion || Doctordorf - Guardian || Simaru - Hunter
    Flour - Minstrel || Pheawyn - Runekeeper

I'm always happy to make my yard less empty and more cluttered.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurallor View Post
    Do you want couches on porches? Because that's how you get couches on porches.

I would LOVE to be able to put a wooden "couch" on my Kinhouse porch!!! Thanks for the suggestion!!

Quote Originally Posted by Derquin View Post
    Thanks for the reply. But please do not use special furniture. Those items/hooks are limiting enough. I would like them to be just large furniture/yard items/hooks.

Large Yard and large furniture for the Pond would be ok for a much greater choice of places to put it. And yes, some fish would be nice indeed.

Btw, does it allow to fish in it?
    Well the special furniture slot is slightly bigger than the large 1. That is why he needs to see if it fits inside the large slot without reducing the size of the item. Regardless i am glad that he agrees that it needs a reclassification.

From Bullroarer https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-Release-Notes so this is happening on next update.
    The Fish Pond housing decoration now fits in a large yard hook instead of a huge yard hook. The Fish Pond can now also be placed in a special furniture hook indoors