We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Help Needed: Oldest Graphic card to run properly Lotro?

Hello Lotro community, I have a simple question, based on your experience:

Actually I'm using a GTX 1060 6gb to play just only Lotro, happy and finally having some time, but it comes with a price: I'm unemployed right now so I have to maximize resources and money, and of course keep loking for a job, its a complicated situation.

Because of that, I need or I'm thinking to sell my graphic card, and buy an old one, that can run the old engine Lotro is based on smoothly enough to have many setting high/ultra, the best way is possible to run, I actually using DX9, I really don't care for the fancy waters effect but for stabilty, and here is my desktop specs:

i5 third generation i5-3450
    8 gb DDR3 dual channel
    SSD 500 gb
    GTX 1060 6gb
    Windows 7 64 bits.

So what cards older than the one I'm using myself are you using with good results in perfomance/quality?

Your feedback could help me a lot, so thank you all in advance, happy summer and see you at Laurelin if you play there.

Kudos, Elektronaut

I have a GT 710. I usually run on high settings (low in raids) and it works fine for me. My understanding is that the game is more CPU intensive than GPU intensive. It's not a totally smooth experience but I'm pretty easy to please. Your opinion may vary. Would probably not recommend running it on ultra though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilan View Post
    I have a GT 710. I usually run on high settings (low in raids) and it works fine for me. My understanding is that the game is more CPU intensive than GPU intensive. It's not a totally smooth experience but I'm pretty easy to please. Your opinion may vary. Would probably not recommend running it on ultra though.
    Thanks for your answer, and it makes sense, go low on raids, and probably in festivals and crowded areas (do we need to talk about MT?, lol), also I noticed when running on DX9, Ultra and High does not make a huge difference, so it can be a good card, will keep watching around, but thank you for giving me a reference to work it for a start, kudos.

Some tavern, somewhere in the Shire, lost the keys to my horse
    My son plays on a GTX 560Ti and LOTRO runs fine on that at moderate settings. Gets a bit choppy if he turns on post processing or other higher settings.

I play on a 1070 and can max out everything, and the GPU perf mon never shows my card heating up or going into overdrive.

More bang for your buck for this game keeping the SSD foundation.
    Ogmios ~ Davidge ~ Eriuwen ~ Kainoa ~ Braidfoot