We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Changing voice files?

Is that a thing? Without getting banned for some reason or something?

The High Elven / regular low Elven voices are getting into my nerves. That, among with some other characteristics of all Elves in LOTRO is pushing me away from playing them.

I know that I can disable various sound files in-game and I appreciate it is a great mechanic but I also must admit that it's pretty weird when my character is obviously taunting someone but it's just silent. What I want to know is if there is a way to change elven voices to our loved regeular Man voices? Particularly males.
    Not all those who wander are lost

While this is possible to do by modifying the sound.dat file, it is not something we players are capable of doing without a tool made for decompiling/recompiling the file.
    Last edited by Henna95; Jul 13 2018 at 06:01 PM.

See we're the opposite, I hate the man voices but love the elf ones. Then again, if i've got to hear "Ahhh!!! AHHHH!!!" from my toon every time I use a majority of my skills (at least on captain and to a degree, warden) I would rather hear some Elvish shouts thrown in there... granted none of them sound a sweet as the glorious dwarven battlecry. That is music to my ears! In short, and to answer your question, the only thing I can suggest is to turn down combat volume? Or just turn the master volume to zero. I know its not what you wanted but afaik thats all we can do about it.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e215000000081694/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]