We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 73

Thread: @Vastin

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    937
    Quote Originally Posted by valkrye View Post
    It's all poppycock to be honest. I know of people who deliberately get into arguments with people on forum, and then report them for harassment, trolling, or insults. And they actually get away with it because the person who was reported eventually piles up infractions and ends up being permabanned from forum.

    And then there are the armies of snowflakes who get offended when someone like siipperi or Giliodor call them out on not knowing how to play their class, after they demand that the game be made easier for them. Don't even get me started on THEM.
    Oh yeah zippys stupid talk of git gud.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Taterki
    Posts
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by Decrepify View Post
    Oh damn...well then, might as well ban the forums altogether, those guys, while rarely in agreement, at the very least made the forums active.
    Exactly.

    People may have different opinions but shouldn't resort to reporting, as that is just childish and shows they have no arguments.

    I know at least 5 forum posters who would resort to that. They are known for beeing weak in arguments, and yet they usually participate in arguments.

    If all those guys were banned from forums, that is a huge step backwards to the times of hated Sapience, who tolerated only fanboys on this forum.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Winchester Va
    Posts
    353
    Somehow I find it weird to hear a red hunter complain about their rotation after all the blue being upset. It is nice to see others who are not thrilled with the changes besides those in blue. HAve their been any yellow complaints at all? Got tired of looking at the hunter threads because of certain posters who now seem to be gone.
    "Magic is not for parlor tricks"~ Sparrow Second Degree Master

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    32
    I don't post very much but I frequent the forums constantly. For me, Siipperi was invaluable in terms of knowledge and insight. I understand some didn't like his or her communication style but I had no problem with it. Personally, I think the forums took a big hit with this loss. Also, as much as I disagree with the ban, the hunter "debate" hijacked many threads after the changes, some related to hunter and some not. It was certainly not all on topic.

    Finally, I know some continue to be unhappy with the changes. I am one who has no problems with the changes and continue to enjoy playing hunter (in red). Just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by PewPew9700; Jul 12 2018 at 12:13 PM.

  5. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Bohdb View Post
    Somehow I find it weird to hear a red hunter complain about their rotation after all the blue being upset. It is nice to see others who are not thrilled with the changes besides those in blue. HAve their been any yellow complaints at all? Got tired of looking at the hunter threads because of certain posters who now seem to be gone.
    From the OP replies it sounds like the poster is unhappy with the reduction of blue trait precision stance focus generation just like the blue hunters are. No other details forthcoming.

    And yes, yellow hunters are complaining as they did not get a significant revamp and what was done to lingering wound in 3 or 4 tries was seen as worse than before.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,291
    Talking (negatively) about people in public who can no longer respond. . . keepin' it classy as always!



    --H
    Installing LotRO -- One Guide to Rule Them All!
    Purchasing LotRO -- Guide to Building Your Own "Lifetime" Account.

  7. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurin View Post
    Talking (negatively) about people in public who can no longer respond. . . keepin' it classy as always!



    --H
    You'd be surprised which ones are watching.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,301
    Quote Originally Posted by valkrye View Post
    I highly doubt that. In an 11 year span, I can name at least 10 different instances when hunter was worse off than how it is today. Your entire post was littered with hyperbole, so it was hard to take any of it seriously.
    I concur with this. Ive played hunter since book 7 after the swiftbow nerf. I picked my first one shot up at 65 cap on wtab with a third age bow. Redline is the best its ever been. The rotation is fast and generally pretty fluid. Might need to rework some trait setups/legacies. I think mostly what has happened is even the old school hunters forgot the focus burn/build rotation.
    Captain-General Ughidontknow...Tripso rnk 6 burg...Izeatzfreepz rnk 8 warg....Yells rnk 10 warleader
    Leader of The Hobbit Syndicate
    "Everyone wants to be the hero and no one wants to be support"

  9. #34
    I'm not banned...I'm just spending my time playing Heroes of the Storm instead. Will probably pop back up for the next round of class work though, looking forward to it.
    ~ I tank with a Beorning, my opinion is invalid. ~

  10. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Joedangod View Post
    I'm not banned...I'm just spending my time playing Heroes of the Storm instead. Will probably pop back up for the next round of class work though, looking forward to it.
    Welcome back!

  11. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Bohdb View Post
    HAve their been any yellow complaints at all?
    Quote Originally Posted by JERH View Post
    And yes, yellow hunters are complaining as they did not get a significant revamp and what was done to lingering wound in 3 or 4 tries was seen as worse than before.
    That would be me... and maybe Macroscian.
    I try not to write as often as the blue hunters, because I know I (start to) annoy with this topic. Sometimes I want to keep the yellow hunter in the blue people's mind, sometimes I try to correct Macroscian, when he says LW is a procc, that doesn't always apply... and then I get carried away and annoy others.

    Therefore my signature... because I realised it became my ceterum censeo

    And good to read you Joedangod.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.
    Trapper of Foes needs better tools to fulfill it's supporting(CC and offensive debuffs) and DoT role.

  12. #37
    pls shut up about hunters, there are so much bigger problems in the game, like idk how raiders are stuck with the same garbage instance for almost a whole year now?

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraushgrish2 View Post
    pls shut up about hunters, there are so much bigger problems in the game, like idk how raiders are stuck with the same garbage instance for almost a whole year now?
    Actually it's only been 7 months. 7/12 months is not almost a year. It's closer to half.

  14. #39
    Receiving a permanent suspension for merely arguing with people on an online gaming forum made me realise that the LotRO community is seemingly not interested in debates and argument. Arguments can get heated, and apparently, that is too much for some people to handle. I thought words were just words, and some well placed sarcasm would be entertaining, more so than insulting. I was wrong. This forum is now, more than ever, an echo chamber. A safe space where no one is allowed to actively criticise someone else's views. That's not a place that I want to be a part of, so I will mostly refrain from posting on here from now on.

    Yes, I argued a lot with people, and those arguments would get dragged out for several pages sometimes. Fair enough, I guess that potentially justifies a permanent suspension, if the moderator so pleases. However, I think it evident that most of the people who were suspended in fact sparked discussion and debate, more than anything else. It's not like these arguments were pointless (from a game developer's point of view). I think it's disgraceful that I was suspended for discussing something concerning hunters, on the hunter forums. If you do not believe me, here is a link to the post that got me banned (it was removed from the forums).

    Ultimately, however, I think we are not the ones who lose out by being banned. It's the LotRO community that is losing active members who did not shy away from voicing their opinions, and defending their views. This game is dying, and has been for years. Silencing what few voices of reason (I think I can say that without being overly narcissistic) this forum has left is a good way to speed up the process. Let it be a message to everyone that this game's team isn't interested in the opinions of end game players. Whether that is raiding or PvMP. You're just an annoyance to them. And if you speak out loudly enough, you'll get silenced for merely trying to have a discussion.
    Feailuve, Aeviternus, Vesanus - Brandywine
    Also known as Giliodor

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Under Bridge
    Posts
    965
    Quote Originally Posted by valkrye View Post
    Actually it's only been 7 months. 7/12 months is not almost a year. It's closer to half.
    In his defence , it doesn't feel like it.
    Abyss feels outdated , actually , i doubt the whole server does more than 10 t2 runs weekly nowadays. It feels dead.
    Comparing to Throne , well.... nugh said ?

    Facts are facts though ofc : D

  16. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeviternus View Post
    Receiving a permanent suspension for merely arguing with people on an online gaming forum made me realise that the LotRO community is seemingly not interested in debates and argument. Arguments can get heated, and apparently, that is too much for some people to handle. I thought words were just words, and some well placed sarcasm would be entertaining, more so than insulting. I was wrong. This forum is now, more than ever, an echo chamber. A safe space where no one is allowed to actively criticise someone else's views. That's not a place that I want to be a part of, so I will mostly refrain from posting on here from now on.

    Yes, I argued a lot with people, and those arguments would get dragged out for several pages sometimes. Fair enough, I guess that potentially justifies a permanent suspension, if the moderator so pleases. However, I think it evident that most of the people who were suspended in fact sparked discussion and debate, more than anything else. It's not like these arguments were pointless (from a game developer's point of view). I think it's disgraceful that I was suspended for discussing something concerning hunters, on the hunter forums. If you do not believe me, here is a link to the post that got me banned (it was removed from the forums).

    Ultimately, however, I think we are not the ones who lose out by being banned. It's the LotRO community that is losing active members who did not shy away from voicing their opinions, and defending their views. This game is dying, and has been for years. Silencing what few voices of reason (I think I can say that without being overly narcissistic) this forum has left is a good way to speed up the process. Let it be a message to everyone that this game's team isn't interested in the opinions of end game players. Whether that is raiding or PvMP. You're just an annoyance to them. And if you speak out loudly enough, you'll get silenced for merely trying to have a discussion.
    Im prolly gonna get banned for this but +1

  17. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by BotLike View Post
    In his defence , it doesn't feel like it.
    Abyss feels outdated , actually , i doubt the whole server does more than 10 t2 runs weekly nowadays. It feels dead.
    Comparing to Throne , well.... nugh said ?

    Facts are facts though ofc : D
    Throne had good lenght and entertainment value. It was pretty awesome clearing it the first time and I still run it today.
    AOM feels circumsised and rushed, which can be easily seen if you turn up the brightness a bit and see how actually barren it looks, but hidden it under "darkness". Also, 3 bosses compared to 6, better challenges and overall quality.

    I really wish they make something lenghty like Rift again, but the announcement of a single-boss raid coming doesn't excite me that much.

  18. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Decrepify View Post
    but the announcement of a single-boss raid coming doesn't excite me that much.
    vait vhat?

  19. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraushgrish2 View Post
    vait vhat?
    The upcoming raid will feature a single boss. I am uncertain from vhere I heard this, but yeah, it vas said by the dews.

    Edit: LOTRO anniwersary stream, same place Thrang vas first announced.

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Falathlorn
    Posts
    976
    Quote Originally Posted by Joedangod View Post
    I'm not banned...I'm just spending my time playing Heroes of the Storm instead. Will probably pop back up for the next round of class work though, looking forward to it.
    Thank goodness. Here I thought somebody had gone on a rampage with getting rid of people. I like hearing opposing arguments. I don't like censorship, and it seems gaming forums have been getting worse with it lately. If there's a post that's against the rules, fine. But getting rid of all the people on one side of an argument seemed fishy. And it makes me worry that my big mouth will get me in trouble next. Which it usually, inevitably does...

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,824
    Quote Originally Posted by peachykins View Post
    Under settings you can choose whether you get PMs or not.
    You can but that doesn't impact the contacts option. Removing PMs is optional, but AFAIK removing contacts is not -- you can just ignore contacts. Getting banned removes both (cause if someone is banned, what good will it be to send them a PM or add as a contact?). I tested this by logging into one of my other accounts and trying to send myself a PM after turning PMs off. The contact option was still there.

    Personally, siipperi is a valar among mankind as far as parses and testing go, but he has a lot to learn about communicating with others. You can't just go around stomping on people's faces and disregarding everyone else's opinions and expect to do well. It wasn't just a matter of snowflakes being incapable of taking some criticism, it was a matter of essentially being told learn2play, git gud, and other elitist comments. Criticism is NEVER constructive when it totally attacks a player's style of playing the game. There is no "right way". The part that is laughable is how many players on the elitist end of things want options and hate trait-trees, but then jump down the throats of anyone who doesn't spec the exact same way they do.

    Also for what it's worth, the bans might be accidental. I was permanently banned for a period of 2 weeks on accident during one of the spamfests back in 2014 (egads has it seriously been that long? phew, time flies). Frelorn sent me an apology for the mixup, got my thread undeleted (it had gotten swallowed up with the spamfest threads), said that I was welcome to blame him if it comes up in conversation, and told me it would have no lasting impact on my account standing. So let's not jump to conclusions and start crucifying people who aren't here to defend themselves about why anyone was banned.
    R5 105 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 115 MNS Fayah/110 LM Siennah/115 HNT Dinenol/110 RK Dhurik
    101 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/61 BUR Dhax/115 WDN Godoric
    R9 115 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Olore Malle
    Posts
    803
    Quote Originally Posted by Mar-Evayave View Post

    Personally, siipperi is a valar among mankind as far as parses and testing go, but he has a lot to learn about communicating with others. You can't just go around stomping on people's faces and disregarding everyone else's opinions and expect to do well. It wasn't just a matter of snowflakes being incapable of taking some criticism, it was a matter of essentially being told learn2play, git gud, and other elitist comments. Criticism is NEVER constructive when it totally attacks a player's style of playing the game. There is no "right way". The part that is laughable is how many players on the elitist end of things want options and hate trait-trees, but then jump down the throats of anyone who doesn't spec the exact same way they do.
    I just want to reply to this part by playing a bit of devil's advocate.

    It is true that attitude matters, but also the "other side" was not made of saints. Categorizing players on the raiding and pvp scene with names like elitist, jerks, no lifers, there's enough evidence in many threads of the constant back and forth. And why should one side get infractions and not the other? Just look at the blue hunters threads (the most recent and glaring episodes), where the people against the changes jumped at the throats of the ones whole liked them, when presented with hard data to counter their argument. And disregarded the criticism, even when told in a more amicable way, as these elitist jerks trying to make fun of them... and even jumping at Vastin's throat. And with this I'll go. Whatever the reason for a ban on the forums, it should never happen out of spite
    My Lotro blog :)

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,824
    Quote Originally Posted by miriadel View Post
    I just want to reply to this part by playing a bit of devil's advocate.

    It is true that attitude matters, but also the "other side" was not made of saints. Categorizing players on the raiding and pvp scene with names like elitist, jerks, no lifers, there's enough evidence in many threads of the constant back and forth. And why should one side get infractions and not the other? Just look at the blue hunters threads (the most recent and glaring episodes), where the people against the changes jumped at the throats of the ones whole liked them, when presented with hard data to counter their argument. And disregarded the criticism, even when told in a more amicable way, as these elitist jerks trying to make fun of them... and even jumping at Vastin's throat. And with this I'll go. Whatever the reason for a ban on the forums, it should never happen out of spite
    I am on both sides of the equation. I have been a raider and a PvMPer in the past, not just in this game but others as well. But due to time constraints, I now consider myself far more casual in my approach. You are making the assumption that bans were given out only on one side, and that bans were given out for the dialogue in those threads, and that it was out of spite. You have no proof for any of that. It's between SSG and any of the individuals who received bans.

    There are bad apples in every barrel. But hard data is pretty meaningless in some situations. No matter how high parses could be, that doesn't mean it is the norm for most players. Saying someone is inept, needs to learn to play their class, etc. because they don't min-max and get those high parses is elitist. There is plenty of mud slinging on both sides, and both sides could use a slap on the wrist in the very least. I personally find myself challenged -- and frustrated -- when players advocate for the game to be even harder than Mordor, or go around saying Mordor is a cakewalk. Maybe for someone who mix-maxes and has all the high-end gear, it is easy. But for the average player?

    I advocate for the average player, and common sense says that the average player is not a min-maxer especially in this game. This game clearly does not have superior PvMP or raiding. This game's strength is the story, the lore, the landscape. A lot of players are here only because they read the books or watched the movies and aren't really into the harder content. They just like the story.
    R5 105 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 115 MNS Fayah/110 LM Siennah/115 HNT Dinenol/110 RK Dhurik
    101 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/61 BUR Dhax/115 WDN Godoric
    R9 115 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Gallifrey. I need a Jelly Baby.
    Posts
    20,090
    Quote Originally Posted by Joedangod View Post
    I'm not banned...I'm just spending my time playing Heroes of the Storm instead. Will probably pop back up for the next round of class work though, looking forward to it.
    I’m glad to hear this. Good to see you posting again.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

  25. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Mar-Evayave View Post
    This game clearly does not have superior PvMP or raiding. This game's strength is the story, the lore, the landscape. A lot of players are here only because they read the books or watched the movies and aren't really into the harder content. They just like the story.
    It clearly did once have superior PvP and raiding, back in the day, WoW seriously considered Lotro a threat, SoA and Moria instances were premium A+++ quality for the MMOs at the time. Then the catering to casuals began, over the half the servers closed, and even the quality of the landscape and quest writing went into the pits as well, the game only continued to limp along because it had Tolkien lore for a bedrock, but the lore is almost exhausted, as the main story has ended, and we will reduced to going to ever more marginal areas.
    Arkenstone (formerly Landroval):
    Lizaveta, r12 Minstrel.

    Eviliz Unseen, r11 Warg. Lizifer, r11 Defiler.

 

 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload