We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: @Vastin

Hybrid View

@Vastin

Vastin,

I've been here for every change the hunter has gone through since launch. I was here before HeartSeeker. I was here for the Moria Launch Book 6 Hunter Rocket Launchers. I was here for the Book 7 double nerfs that left hunter in a stale state until Book 12. I've seen traitlines come and go, and trait meta's come and go. There've been periods were it felt like I was the only hunter on my server, to when every other player was a hunter.

I'm a red line hunter. I always have been Back in the day I was 3Blue, 4Red. When we got trait lines I stayed red. When Yellow got buffed, I stayed red. When Blue got uber buffed, I stayed red.

I have taken this hunter from everything from the very first iteration of Great Barrow up to the Abyss of Mordath, and done 15 ranks in pvp in between.

I've literally seen it all when it comes to this class. I've been playing your revamp consistently since it came out of beta.

Dude, this is by far the worst the hunter has ever played. It's a slow, jerky, clunky, mess with a horribly boring rotation. Please, fix this. At minimum, you have to put "precision" from blue line back where it was, so a red line hunter can reasonably reach it. At least then there'll be flow again.

11 years man, through it all with this class, and this is the first time I've really hated it.

But it looked so good on paper.

Sorry. Snark. But hey, that's how it seems to me.

Sliperii, Joedangod, and Giliodor being banned is the best thing that ever happened to them. That way they can take the analytics that they spent so much time on applying, and use them on a game that will reward such analytics. Not sure why anyone expected class balance in LOTRO to be successful. The game is not designed around a challenging, rewarding gameplay experience, but is a dedicated social Tolkien landscape simulator, and does an excellent job at that.
    ~Rank 11 Loremaster, Arkenstone~

~Rank 13 Warg, Arkenstone~

Quote Originally Posted by Snowlock View Post
    Dude, this is by far the worst the hunter has ever played.
    I highly doubt that. In an 11 year span, I can name at least 10 different instances when hunter was worse off than how it is today. Your entire post was littered with hyperbole, so it was hard to take any of it seriously.

113k upshot today from stealth on a rank6 BA with 16 aud.

Hunters are more than fine in fact...
    Università degli Studi di Roma "La Sapienza" Sapienza University of Rome

Graduate PhD con lode Scienze della Politica

I guess I would like to actually know details on what is clunky rather than just a general complaint and "fix it".

I tried out the new red (played red through Minas tirith and u19) and found it pretty much the same play style as old red (pre u19) with the exception of 0.3 second quick shot adding hugely to focus. Each quick shot is +1 with a 50% (blue 2nd rank trait) (legacy to 67%) per shot of another +1, with a ~ 45% (legacy to ~ 60%) chance of a critical adding a third +1 (deadly precision). This 3 times per second (0.3 secs per shot). 1 second of quick shot adds something like 6 focus on average as well as 1 to 2 crits to drive upshot cool down lower. Blue enhanced Precision trait adds 2/3 of a focus per 5 seconds which is trivial - 1 per 5 seconds normal precision stance compared to 1 per 3 seconds (or 1.66 per 5 seconds) with 2 pts in blue trait.

Anyway, how can the new red rotation be more boring and repetitious than spamming barrage?

Quote Originally Posted by JERH View Post
    I guess I would like to actually know details on what is clunky rather than just a general complaint and "fix it".

I tried out the new red (played red through Minas tirith and u19) and found it pretty much the same play style as old red (pre u19) with the exception of 0.3 second quick shot adding hugely to focus. Each quick shot is +1 with a 50% (blue 2nd rank trait) (legacy to 67%) per shot of another +1, with a ~ 45% (legacy to ~ 60%) chance of a critical adding a third +1 (deadly precision). This 3 times per second (0.3 secs per shot). 1 second of quick shot adds something like 6 focus on average as well as 1 to 2 crits to drive upshot cool down lower. Blue enhanced Precision trait adds 2/3 of a focus per 5 seconds which is trivial - 1 per 5 seconds normal precision stance compared to 1 per 3 seconds (or 1.66 per 5 seconds) with 2 pts in blue trait.

Anyway, how can the new red rotation be more boring and repetitious than spamming barrage?
    It wasn't the same, unless you played strength stance in the Pre U19 red line? And if you did, then you were doing it wrong. I'm not comparing blue to red. I'm comparing red now to red prior to this change.

yall lucky that gilliodar siiperi and joedangod are perma banned or this forum would be diffrent

Quote Originally Posted by valkrye View Post
    I highly doubt that. In an 11 year span, I can name at least 10 different instances when hunter was worse off than how it is today. Your entire post was littered with hyperbole, so it was hard to take any of it seriously.
    And Vastin, this guy thinks it's at least the 11'th worst. Given that there were 10 worse updates, but that's not hyperbole either, cause he knows what that is.

Quote Originally Posted by sapienze View Post
    113k upshot today from stealth on a rank6 BA with 16 aud.

Hunters are more than fine in fact...

I never said they didn't hit hard, creep. I said they were clunky and slow.

Oh ps, you understand audacity as much as this other guys does hyperbole.

And Vastin, this guy thinks it's at least the 11'th worst. Given that there were 10 worse updates, but that's not hyperbole either, cause he knows what that is.

What I understand is you have a lack of ability or willingness to adapt. The Hunter is fine in all three lines.

Other classes are still waiting for balance. A whole faction is waiting for years.
    Università degli Studi di Roma "La Sapienza" Sapienza University of Rome

Graduate PhD con lode Scienze della Politica

. . .

If the OP were serious about class feedback to the dev, it would be left in Bullroarer class-appropriate thread (which devs do check) and contain technical details to support the claims made. But oh... far fewer forum users read Bullroarer class threads, the provocation would fail unless it were posted in general.

That being said...
    I do hope zipfile and siiperi are just not posting for a while of their own choosing. Their technical mechanics talk has always been a breath of fresh air in class discussions, whether agree or disagree those folks know what they're talking about and can back it up.

Really surprised at the hate and vitriol, actually, from posters here who claim zipfile and siiperi have been "banned" (with zero evidence, to boot). Looking at the name list of allegedly "banned" posters (zipfile, siiperi, Hejaza.Arkenstone, DKenny, Joedangod who's actually not banned at all), these are ALL folks who can articulate their thoughts in well-argued points and moreover can back it up. They talk substance, not wishy-washy generics. They don't back down from their position just because someone else gets their panties in a twist over having a poorly-formed argument turned over.

Appears that some people are so used to being agreed with, they flip over anyone who dares to think for themselves. To the point of propagating rumors that those posters are now "banned." It's incredible, the irony. Pointing an accusing finger at those posters (whose posts have always been on-point) and calling for their heads, haters gonna hate.

Just accept it's an international forum, with international audience. Not to mention, it's the internet. Anyone getting "upset" over "manners" should start with policing themselves, instead of dictating to others how to behave and instead of imposing their own values on others. Life is not fair. Internet is even less so.

If anyone is butthurt over online discussion with any of the above-mentioned folks, it's probably with good reason to be honest. Someone easily upset will be easily upset no matter what the source. As Eleanor Roosevelt once said: "Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent."

Quote Originally Posted by miriadel View Post
    Categorizing players on the raiding and pvp scene with names like elitist, jerks, no lifers, there's enough evidence in many threads of the constant back and forth. And why should one side get infractions and not the other? Just look at the blue hunters threads (the most recent and glaring episodes), where the people against the changes jumped at the throats of the ones whole liked them, when presented with hard data to counter their argument. And disregarded the criticism, even when told in a more amicable way, as these elitist jerks trying to make fun of them... and even jumping at Vastin's throat. And with this I'll go. Whatever the reason for a ban on the forums, it should never happen out of spite
    100%

zipfile was banned

Quote Originally Posted by Aelir View Post
    If the OP were serious about class feedback to the dev, it would be left in Bullroarer class-appropriate thread (which devs do check) and contain technical details to support the claims made. But oh... far fewer forum users read Bullroarer class threads, the provocation would fail unless it were posted in general.

That being said...
    I do hope zipfile and siiperi are just not posting for a while of their own choosing...
    zipfile got banned.
    Edit: proper screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by Aelir View Post
    If the OP? You can just ask me you know. beauty of the internet and all.

I am interested in class feedback. I participated in the bullroarer thread and I followed it's rules. I was ignored while those who did not follow its rules saw a few of their suggestions taken. To the determinent of the class, which, unironically was their intent all along. Keeping in mind this comment is being left general because but doesn't not include all.

What technical details do you require when I say they class feels clunky and slow? If you have a unit of measurement for clunky, please illuminate me. Sometimes, it's not about the numbers, it's about the feel of the class.

I resent your idea that I'm just looking for your attention, which is why I posted in the general forums. I posted here so Vastin would read it. Whether you do or not is purely irrelevant to me, I promise you and I find it funny you think you're that important.

And holy cow guys, I'm not the derailing police, but lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Decrepify View Post
    zipfile got banned.
    Edit: proper screenshots
    Thanks for fact-checking, though it is sad to hear. A big loss to the Guardian community. We need all voices and all perspectives here; sadder yet is that some feel so ''unsafe'' to be disagreed with they resort to reporting. A group ban targeting the demographic of knowledgeable, technically-minded players is indeed troubling.

I resent your idea that I'm just looking for your attention
    Haha, can't make this up.

I am interested in class feedback. I participated in the bullroarer thread and I followed it's rules. I was ignored while those who did not follow its rules saw a few of their suggestions taken. To the determinent of the class, which, unironically was their intent all along. Keeping in mind this comment is being left general because but doesn't not include all.

What technical details do you require when I say they class feels clunky and slow? If you have a unit of measurement for clunky, please illuminate me. Sometimes, it's not about the numbers, it's about the feel of the class.

I resent your idea that I'm just looking for your attention, which is why I posted in the general forums. I posted here so Vastin would read it. Whether you do or not is purely irrelevant to me, I promise you and I find it funny you think you're that important.

And holy cow guys, I'm not the derailing police, but lol...
    This is why I complain about the changes to blue hunter. Without Deadly Precision the spec feels off. There is no way to explain it. Numbers are not everything. And if it just was about them a simple nerf would have been enough. Instead we get a revamp.

It's not just blue hunter btw. Concerning LM: Why change Wizard Fire? Why remove the heal on Power of Knowledge? Why remove the initial heal from Waterlore?

Quote Originally Posted by valkrye View Post
    I concur with this. Ive played hunter since book 7 after the swiftbow nerf. I picked my first one shot up at 65 cap on wtab with a third age bow. Redline is the best its ever been. The rotation is fast and generally pretty fluid. Might need to rework some trait setups/legacies. I think mostly what has happened is even the old school hunters forgot the focus burn/build rotation.
    Captain-General Ughidontknow...Tripso rnk 6 burg...Izeatzfreepz rnk 8 warg....Yells rnk 10 warleader
    Leader of The Hobbit Syndicate
    "Everyone wants to be the hero and no one wants to be support"

I'm not banned...I'm just spending my time playing Heroes of the Storm instead. Will probably pop back up for the next round of class work though, looking forward to it.
    ~ Balance is a game of give and take, at the end of the day even Beornings need nerfs. ~

Quote Originally Posted by Joedangod View Post
    I'm not banned...I'm just spending my time playing Heroes of the Storm instead. Will probably pop back up for the next round of class work though, looking forward to it.
    Welcome back!

Thank goodness. Here I thought somebody had gone on a rampage with getting rid of people. I like hearing opposing arguments. I don't like censorship, and it seems gaming forums have been getting worse with it lately. If there's a post that's against the rules, fine. But getting rid of all the people on one side of an argument seemed fishy. And it makes me worry that my big mouth will get me in trouble next. Which it usually, inevitably does...

I’m glad to hear this. Good to see you posting again.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

It's a slow, jerky, clunky, mess .
    OK?
    I don't think red line hunter ever played faster than this update. Inductions are extremely short.

Dude, this is by far the worst the hunter has ever played.
    That's where i stopped reading : - (