We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: @Vastin

@Vastin

Vastin,

I've been here for every change the hunter has gone through since launch. I was here before HeartSeeker. I was here for the Moria Launch Book 6 Hunter Rocket Launchers. I was here for the Book 7 double nerfs that left hunter in a stale state until Book 12. I've seen traitlines come and go, and trait meta's come and go. There've been periods were it felt like I was the only hunter on my server, to when every other player was a hunter.

I'm a red line hunter. I always have been Back in the day I was 3Blue, 4Red. When we got trait lines I stayed red. When Yellow got buffed, I stayed red. When Blue got uber buffed, I stayed red.

I have taken this hunter from everything from the very first iteration of Great Barrow up to the Abyss of Mordath, and done 15 ranks in pvp in between.

I've literally seen it all when it comes to this class. I've been playing your revamp consistently since it came out of beta.

Dude, this is by far the worst the hunter has ever played. It's a slow, jerky, clunky, mess with a horribly boring rotation. Please, fix this. At minimum, you have to put "precision" from blue line back where it was, so a red line hunter can reasonably reach it. At least then there'll be flow again.

11 years man, through it all with this class, and this is the first time I've really hated it.
    Phrasing! Doesn't anybody do phrasing anymore?

But it looked so good on paper.

Sorry. Snark. But hey, that's how it seems to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowlock View Post
    Dude, this is by far the worst the hunter has ever played.
    I highly doubt that. In an 11 year span, I can name at least 10 different instances when hunter was worse off than how it is today. Your entire post was littered with hyperbole, so it was hard to take any of it seriously.

113k upshot today from stealth on a rank6 BA with 16 aud.

Hunters are more than fine in fact...
    Università degli Studi di Roma "La Sapienza" Sapienza University of Rome

Graduate PhD con lode Scienze della Politica

Quote Originally Posted by valkrye View Post
    I highly doubt that. In an 11 year span, I can name at least 10 different instances when hunter was worse off than how it is today. Your entire post was littered with hyperbole, so it was hard to take any of it seriously.
    And Vastin, this guy thinks it's at least the 11'th worst. Given that there were 10 worse updates, but that's not hyperbole either, cause he knows what that is.

Quote Originally Posted by sapienze View Post
    113k upshot today from stealth on a rank6 BA with 16 aud.

Hunters are more than fine in fact...

I never said they didn't hit hard, creep. I said they were clunky and slow.

Oh ps, you understand audacity as much as this other guys does hyperbole.

And Vastin, this guy thinks it's at least the 11'th worst. Given that there were 10 worse updates, but that's not hyperbole either, cause he knows what that is.

I never said they didn't hit hard, creep. I said they were clunky and slow.

Oh ps, you understand audacity as much as this other guys does hyperbole.
    What I understand is you have a lack of ability or willingness to adapt. The Hunter is fine in all three lines.

Other classes are still waiting for balance. A whole faction is waiting for years.
    Università degli Studi di Roma "La Sapienza" Sapienza University of Rome

Graduate PhD con lode Scienze della Politica

I guess I would like to actually know details on what is clunky rather than just a general complaint and "fix it".

I tried out the new red (played red through Minas tirith and u19) and found it pretty much the same play style as old red (pre u19) with the exception of 0.3 second quick shot adding hugely to focus. Each quick shot is +1 with a 50% (blue 2nd rank trait) (legacy to 67%) per shot of another +1, with a ~ 45% (legacy to ~ 60%) chance of a critical adding a third +1 (deadly precision). This 3 times per second (0.3 secs per shot). 1 second of quick shot adds something like 6 focus on average as well as 1 to 2 crits to drive upshot cool down lower. Blue enhanced Precision trait adds 2/3 of a focus per 5 seconds which is trivial - 1 per 5 seconds normal precision stance compared to 1 per 3 seconds (or 1.66 per 5 seconds) with 2 pts in blue trait.

Anyway, how can the new red rotation be more boring and repetitious than spamming barrage?

Quote Originally Posted by JERH View Post
    I guess I would like to actually know details on what is clunky rather than just a general complaint and "fix it".

I tried out the new red (played red through Minas tirith and u19) and found it pretty much the same play style as old red (pre u19) with the exception of 0.3 second quick shot adding hugely to focus. Each quick shot is +1 with a 50% (blue 2nd rank trait) (legacy to 67%) per shot of another +1, with a ~ 45% (legacy to ~ 60%) chance of a critical adding a third +1 (deadly precision). This 3 times per second (0.3 secs per shot). 1 second of quick shot adds something like 6 focus on average as well as 1 to 2 crits to drive upshot cool down lower. Blue enhanced Precision trait adds 2/3 of a focus per 5 seconds which is trivial - 1 per 5 seconds normal precision stance compared to 1 per 3 seconds (or 1.66 per 5 seconds) with 2 pts in blue trait.

Anyway, how can the new red rotation be more boring and repetitious than spamming barrage?
    It wasn't the same, unless you played strength stance in the Pre U19 red line? And if you did, then you were doing it wrong. I'm not comparing blue to red. I'm comparing red now to red prior to this change.

yall lucky that gilliodar siiperi and joedangod are perma banned or this forum would be diffrent

It's a slow, jerky, clunky, mess .
    OK?
    I don't think red line hunter ever played faster than this update. Inductions are extremely short.

Dude, this is by far the worst the hunter has ever played.
    That's where i stopped reading : - (

Quote Originally Posted by Fraushgrish2 View Post
    yall lucky that gilliodar siiperi and joedangod are perma banned or this forum would be diffrent
    Slipperi was perma banned? Why?

Now that you write about it, i have not seen him posting in a while...

Would be a loss to this forum as i liked him beeing a good counter to so many people, who can't play their classes after years of playing. Those who usually tried to put the blame for their inability to play their classes, on game difficulty which is in fact absent.

Source, please.

what did they do?
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Anführer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

Quote Originally Posted by Decrepify View Post
    Source, please.
    Sources are unnecessary. If you click on any poster's name, if you have the option to send them a private message or add as a contact, then they aren't banned. If you don't, then they are. Can't comment on whether it is perma or not.
    R5 105 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 115 MNS Fayah/110 LM Siennah/115 HNT Dinenol/110 RK Dhurik
    101 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/61 BUR Dhax/115 WDN Godoric
    R9 115 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

Speaking purely for myself, Hunter is fine and I've had no trouble with the rotation. My only complaint about Hunter is that in PvP their damage is way too high and their survivability way too low (at least solo - groups/raids they're fine if the healers are on-point). It's not fun to me when I can nuke a Creep from stealth before he has a chance to do much of anything, or alternatively when I get dropped by a (competent) Warg (that knows how to clip animations) before I can do much in response (my Phys/Tact mits are capped; my Orc-Craft/Fell-Wrought mits are at 43% - note, however, that my gear is not finished). The same complaint applies to the Burglar too (though the solution is easier there, make CDG a finisher move that can only be used out of stealth on a target with <25% of their morale). I'd like to see lower burst damage but more survivability for both of these classes so fights aren't over so quickly and there's an opportunity for both players involved in the fight to maneuver, use their skill, etc. to win.

Cohorts of the Red Legion
    Vae Victis - Woe to the vanquished.
    Timidi mater non flet.

Quote Originally Posted by Anglion View Post
    Would be a loss to this forum as i liked him beeing a good counter to so many people, who can't play their classes after years of playing. Those who usually tried to put the blame for their inability to play their classes, on game difficulty which is in fact absent.
    That's a matter of opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Anglion View Post
    Slipperi was perma banned? Why?

Now that you write about it, i have not seen him posting in a while...

Would be a loss to this forum as
    I figured many of these folks were on 'Holiday' or vacation and I would be quite surprised that S did something that deserved a perma-ban. However, that's between SSG and them.

I'm sure someone else can pick up the mantra 'Mordor is faceroll easy' if you know how to play your class! Okay I do miss those provocative posts - they drew such a wide response!

As to the OP's topic - play another class for awhile. I'm sure the Hunter will change again, maybe even worse. One thing is certain: skills, rotation and trait trees are all subject to change and frequently have over the past 11 years. Really it all makes sense from SSG's point of view, change requires adaptation which many times necessitates spending LP or purchases to make it work. It's a game ...... to make money off YOU!

Am I cynical or just a realist? Probably a bit of both!
    "Never argue with a fool, it's difficult to tell the difference"

well... I don't have the option to send him a pm, so as Mar says, must have been banned. Pity, I personally never found him offensive to the point of a ban, although I can see how his harsh approach to gameplay topics could have pissed off some people. But not deserving of a ban. In fact some from the "other side" have been equally crass and still posting on here. I guess the blue hunter threads and the bring back barrage spam cries can return to flourish now
    My Lotro blog :)

Quote Originally Posted by miriadel View Post
    well... I don't have the option to send him a pm, so as Mar says, must have been banned. Pity, I personally never found him offensive to the point of a ban, although I can see how his harsh approach to gameplay topics could have pissed off some people. But not deserving of a ban. In fact some from the "other side" have been equally crass and still posting on here. I guess the blue hunter threads and the bring back barrage spam cries can return to flourish now
    Under settings you can choose whether you get PMs or not.

Add DKenny, Hejazia.Arkenstone, and zipfile to that list.

Quote Originally Posted by Oelle View Post
    what did they do?
    Apparently debating while completely on-topic in certain threads apparently gets you infractions for "insulting" and "trolling", while the real trolls post clickbait threads like this one and nothing happens to them.

Oh damn...well then, might as well ban the forums altogether, those guys, while rarely in agreement, at the very least made the forums active.

Sliperii, Joedangod, and Giliodor being banned is the best thing that ever happened to them. That way they can take the analytics that they spent so much time on applying, and use them on a game that will reward such analytics. Not sure why anyone expected class balance in LOTRO to be successful. The game is not designed around a challenging, rewarding gameplay experience, but is a dedicated social Tolkien landscape simulator, and does an excellent job at that.
    ~Rank 11 Loremaster, Arkenstone~

~Rank 13 Warg, Arkenstone~

Apparently debating while completely on-topic in certain threads apparently gets you infractions for "insulting" and "trolling", while the real trolls post clickbait threads like this one and nothing happens to them.
    well then... if thats the case... why did I never get an infraction (how does one even know if one has one)? I often take part in such discussions, too.
    Sure, maybe not as intense as them... but I'd never have thought their way of arguing would deserve a ban...
    I might agree that some of them are annoying to the point of not even accepting that the other side even has good points... but being annoying isnt the same as being against the forum rules.
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Anführer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

Quote Originally Posted by Oelle View Post
    well then... if thats the case... why did I never get an infraction (how does one even know if one has one)? I often take part in such discussions, too.
    Sure, maybe not as intense as them... but I'd never have thought their way of arguing would deserve a ban...
    I might agree that some of them are annoying to the point of not even accepting that the other side even has good points... but being annoying isnt the same as being against the forum rules.
    It's all poppycock to be honest. I know of people who deliberately get into arguments with people on forum, and then report them for harassment, trolling, or insults. And they actually get away with it because the person who was reported eventually piles up infractions and ends up being permabanned from forum.

And then there are the armies of snowflakes who get offended when someone like siipperi or Giliodor call them out on not knowing how to play their class, after they demand that the game be made easier for them. Don't even get me started on THEM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast