We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Reverse Scaling Instances

Hello everyone!

So basically, after listening to my fellow kinmates and seeing plenty of posts on this forum about how no one revisits old instances or the non-scaling instances, I had an idea from the Big Battles.

Implement the option for reverse scaling. So when loading up the instance finder, myself and other kinmates can lower our level in the instance down to whatever my friend who is just going through the game is at.

We want to run the Great Barrow instances, but there's only 2 people "on level" for the instances, with the rest at 56, 78, 92 and 115. So we all load into the instance and it reverse scales everyone to 20 or w/e we run the instance at.

Yeah we will still be a bit overpowered for those at 115 due to having access to more skills and trait points etc, however it might help make things more fun for those that want to help out lowbies and new friends without one-shotting everything.

not a new suggestion, but still one that would be nice to have.
    therefore, /supported
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Anführer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

The devs have explained quite a few times that scaling down works x10 worse than it does in scaling up.
    There is zero chance of this being a viable time and effort exercise for them. However, if implemented from the beginning it may have been possible.

If the system had realised the database could have taken a snapshot of your build and stats at say every 5 levels and when downscaling it would drop you into the nearest build from the database. All moot though as I say but we can dream.
    ----A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything----

Quote Originally Posted by LabadalofDorlomin View Post
    The devs have explained quite a few times that scaling down works x10 worse than it does in scaling up.
    There is zero chance of this being a viable time and effort exercise for them. However, if implemented from the beginning it may have been possible.

If the system had realised the database could have taken a snapshot of your build and stats at say every 5 levels and when downscaling it would drop you into the nearest build from the database. All moot though as I say but we can dream.
    Even if only the stats of players got downscaled and they retained their ILI legacy ranks and traitpoints, it would be a big step. Sure, they'd be too strong for instances if downscaled, but much less OP than if they play with higher level and onehit everything
    To scale down weapon DPS can be as easy as fixing weapon DPS at a certain number for each level instead of applying a formula. If a LI gets downscaled, that DPS value would be a bit smaller than for non-LI items, due to legacies. That should be enough for offense. For defense, just scaling down all stats should be viable. Defense wise, upscaling works quite okay, too, so thats the same backwards.
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Anführer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

Quote Originally Posted by LabadalofDorlomin View Post
    On the other hand not scaling at all works even worse than that :-)