We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Next Balance Update

When can we expect it?

I kinda fear, next balance patch will be part of u23, together with raise of levelcap.
    But I doubt, that thats a good idea.
    u23 needs to include a revamp to the ILI system. It just fits to an upgrade that raises the levelcap to implement ILI-scaling (scaling all non-percentage stats on them with playerlevel), although it should have been there from the implementation of ILI on.
    The ILI-rework will fix several issues, especially in balance between casuals and raiders as it should put a smaller impact on crystals, where mordor made crystals too much necessary.

But the ILI system is not the only issue in balance. It will for sure impact dps balance, therefore I'd say lets wait for further dps-balance for afterwards.
    Whats left is fixes to how healers scale with tactical healing (which is drastically different for different healing classes/specs), a general healing balance and a balance between tanks, where cappies and guards are the two go-to-tanks and the other three tanks are mostly neglected.
    Thats where a balance-patch would clearly have enough to do. Fixing bugs and balancing healers and tanks with each other.

And obviously, general bugfixes for bugged traits or other class-issues could be worked on, which in many cases affect balance. Like LMs AC trait and legacy being obviously bugged if both are used, while working fine if only one is used. There are many more issues and bugs around classes, both in forum threads and reported. Or they could make traits more useful/fun. For example by deleting internal cooldowns that make traits useless/annoying like hunters volley or guardians Thrill of Battle. If those traits are too strong without internal cooldown, reduce percentages to trigger them less often or with less impact. But with those internal cooldowns, those traits aren't fun/useful at all.
    Or they could fix all those wrong descriptions of skills and traits... many things to do and I doubt there will be time to do big parts of that while releasing a major landscape/quest update which brings new systems and all that.
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Anführer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

A psychological aspect:

I guess many others like me are in some kind of a holding pattern.
    Waiting for their balance pass. Not investing ressources and playtime in their characters not knowing, how their favorite character will be after their balance pass.
    I don't need U23 and new region, if I don't feel like playing my lvl 115 character.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.
    Trapper of Foes needs better tools to fulfill it's supporting(CC and offensive debuffs) and DoT role.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatharil View Post
    A psychological aspect:

I guess many others like me are in some kind of a holding pattern.
    Waiting for their balance pass. Not investing ressources and playtime in their characters not knowing, how their favorite character will be after their balance pass.
    I don't need U23 and new region, if I don't feel like playing my lvl 115 character.
    Been there, after Helms Deep release, can sympathize. I haven't noticed any drop off in player activities or any angst over class balances in world chat, though. It appears many are just busy playing their game without worrying too much, and adjusting on the go as with the last round of changes (again, from observing /world channel). None of this is as drastic or as shocking, nowhere near it, as Helms Deep traits were. And open beta where class devs actually participate in discussions means it's not being pushed down anyone's throat against any feedback they offer, as was the case in HD closed beta.

I can only wish you would find upcoming direction of changes to your liking. "Direction" because player feedback in last beta did turn some things around, so anyone keen on upcoming class changes may well keep an open eye for next beta round, and add their voices to feedback which is being attended to much more closely than in the past.
    "Leaving the game plan is a sign of panic, and panic is not in our game plan." - Chuck Noll

My lvl 115 char is yellow hunter. The red and blue changes had a huge (negative) impact on it and changed a lot, but will change again after balance pass. Trapper of Foes' balance pass is still to come, noone knows when and the direction it will take. Looking forward to it, putting my trust in Vastin, but currently I don't feel like playing.

Helm's Deep made me delete my beloved Loremaster.... is it really already 10 years ago, when I created her? Time flies...
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.
    Trapper of Foes needs better tools to fulfill it's supporting(CC and offensive debuffs) and DoT role.