We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

A variety of suggestions.

1. Graphics Options should accurately state which options require a restart to take effect. As an example, Static Environmental Objects either has no effect or has only partial effect if changed without restarting the game.
    2. Collections Menu could use more filters. Would be nice to remove items that require content that i don't yet own. Those items should also mention which expansion is required to have access to them. Also options for adding/removing items requiring Events/Deeds, etc.
    3. The Expansion/Quest Pack section of the Store could use more filters/ways to order items. Order content based on the level range it's for, whether or not a Quest Pack is for a region i have access to, etc.
    4. If i understand it correctly then there are 4 Account Tiers. Free, Premium, inactive VIP and active VIP. The information provided here https://www.lotro.com/en/Full-VIP-Chart is either incomplete or there's loads of incorrect information floating around among the community so it would be really nice if an official source would clearly state which permanent bonuses the entire account retains (if any) after it's active VIP status runs out and what is kept only by characters that were in existence while VIP status was active.
    5. "Show Trivial Quest Icons in Radar" should also make Trivial Quests appear as normal in-world. It's easy to miss Quest icons on the minimap if there are many icons visible at once and it's also easy to miss Trivial Quests above the heads of NPC's if they appear as Trivial Quests currently do (if the NPC already has it's own additional symbols and names there to clutter the space).
    6. Introduce an option similar to "Show Trivial Quests" but for NOT showing Event Quests. So that those then appear as Trivial Quests in-world and don't show up on the Minimap at all.
    7. The Auction House should also show the price per unit of a given post and also include a way to create own posts based on that criteria.
    8. In the shop a discount system for bundles if parts of them are already owned. If i've purchased the Warden separately then why am i paying for it again when buying Mines of Moria ? I don't need it to be the full price of the owned content sliced off the price of the bundle but at least something.
    Last edited by Shatterhand; Jul 10 2018 at 07:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shatterhand View Post
    1. Graphics Options should accurately state which options require a restart to take effect. As an example, Static Environmental Objects either has no effect or has only partial effect if changed without restarting the game.
    2. Collections Menu could use more filters. Would be nice to remove items that require content that i don't yet own. Those items should also mention which expansion is required to have access to them. Also options for adding/removing items requiring Events/Deeds, etc.
    3. The Expansion/Quest Pack section of the Store could use more filters/ways to order items. Order content based on the level range it's for, whether or not a Quest Pack is for a region i have access to, etc.
    4. If i understand it correctly then there are 4 Account Tiers. Free, Premium, inactive VIP and active VIP. The information provided here https://www.lotro.com/en/Full-VIP-Chart is either incomplete or there's loads of incorrect information floating around among the community so it would be really nice if an official source would clearly state which permanent bonuses the entire account retains (if any) after it's active VIP status runs out and what is kept only by characters that were in existence while VIP status was active.
    5. "Show Trivial Quest Icons in Radar" should also make Trivial Quests appear as normal in-world. It's easy to miss Quest icons on the minimap if there are many icons visible at once and it's also easy to miss Trivial Quests above the heads of NPC's if they appear as Trivial Quests currently do (if the NPC already has it's own additional symbols and names there to clutter the space).
    6. Introduce an option similar to "Show Trivial Quests" but for NOT showing Event Quests. So that those then appear as Trivial Quests in-world and don't show up on the Minimap at all.
    7. The Auction House should also show the price per unit of a given post and also include a way to create own posts based on that criteria.
    1 - Yes, very useful

2 - Also useful

3 - I don't understand what you mean by "whether or not a Quest Pack is for a region i have access to". Do you mean "within my character's level"?

4 - There are NO VIP bonuses retained at account level. They are all only for characters logged in while VIP.

5 - Yes. Trivials should be more solid looking. The gray disappears in many cases.

6 - So a checkbox to gray out event quests?

7 - So instead of just seeing 127 blah ore for 635 silver you'd see 127 blah ore for 635 silver (5 silver each)? 635 (5 ea)? Something like that?
    The Lag is so bad I saw Sara Oakheart outrun someone - kickman77

Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Belegthelion, Ingoror, Gloringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

I’m totally on board with number five. I’m currently working on low level deeds and those gray rings are easy to miss.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

Quote Originally Posted by Nosdracir View Post
    3 - I don't understand what you mean by "whether or not a Quest Pack is for a region i have access to". Do you mean "within my character's level"?

4 - There are NO VIP bonuses retained at account level. They are all only for characters logged in while VIP.

6 - So a checkbox to gray out event quests?

7 - So instead of just seeing 127 blah ore for 635 silver you'd see 127 blah ore for 635 silver (5 silver each)? 635 (5 ea)? Something like that?
    3. Well i haven't bought any Expansions yet so do i have access to all the parts of the map that the the Quest Pack "Legacy of the Necromancer" (as an example) takes place in ? Also, can my character even get to Level 115 (even if by just Crafting, Gathering and Tasks) ?

4. And what are those bonuses ? :P I've heard so many varying claims.

6. Yes. To make them appear as Trivials do now but not show up on the Minimap at all. Or add a Map filter for Event Quests. But in-world they should look as Trivials look now.

7. Yes. And then to also allow for posting auctions by placing a stack of 17 (as an example) and then setting the "price per unit". The game would then do the math.

Added an 8th.. :S
    Last edited by Shatterhand; Jul 10 2018 at 07:47 AM.

3. Well i haven't bought any Expansions yet so do i have access to all the parts of the map that the the Quest Pack "Legacy of the Necromancer" (as an example) takes place in ? Also, can my character even get to Level 115 (even if by just Crafting, Gathering and Tasks) ?
    You can run anywhere on the map where you can survive except for Moria and southern Mirkwood where you must be a minimum level to complete the Epic Quest arc to gain entrance. You can spend a Mithril Coin to fast travel to almost any stable, including Legacy of the Necro. areas, but when you are in an area 15+ levels above your level you become a mob magnet (old anti-gold farmer mechanism). Some people have used this as a challenge to see how far a level 15, for example, can get from Bree. You can spend the MC to go visit Minas Tirith. (You can also get to MT or Dol Amroth by using the Belfalas housing broker in Bree to take a house tour in the Gondor premium housing area.)

You can also get to many of these places by being a chicken. (No kidding. There's a farm in The Shire where you can run chicken quests that take you all over the place.)

You can get to level cap by a tedious combination of: epic quest line, task turn-ins, killing mobs, scaled skirmishes (start at level 20), and crafting (only useful up to level 30ish).

4. And what are those bonuses ? :P I've heard so many varying claims.
    For each character logged in while VIP, even if you just log in and out of tutorial, you get the following permanently:

- All class set bonus skills unlocked
    - All virtue and racial trait slots unlocked
    - All swift travel usable, once other criteria has been met, like discovering the stablemaster.
    - +30 inventory slots
    - Gold cap removed

That would run you something like 1500 LP per character if purchased individually from the store, and that 1500 LP costs more than 1 month VIP.

6. Yes. To make them appear as Trivials do now but not show up on the Minimap at all. Or add a Map filter for Event Quests. But in-world they should look as Trivials look now.

7. Yes. And then to also allow for posting auctions by placing a stack of 17 (as an example) and then setting the "price per unit". The game would then do the math.

Added an 8th.. :S
    6. - yes
    7. - OK.

8. Dynamic bundle content and pricing may not be possible in the store without resorting to creating a bunch of specific bundles, e.g. Moria xpac, xpac without Warden, xpac without RK, xpac without either class, etc.
    Last edited by Nosdracir; Jul 10 2018 at 09:50 PM.

Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

8. In the shop a discount system for bundles if parts of them are already owned. If i've purchased the Warden separately then why am i paying for it again when buying Mines of Moria ? I don't need it to be the full price of the owned content sliced off the price of the bundle but at least something.
    Good ideas, especially 5 & 7.
    5. could just make the rings a shiny silver with gold speckles or give the quest givers purple and green hair.
    7. yes and the choice to price it per unit or per whatevernumbers you put up there should be available by radio button.
    Making Brides Princesses Again!

For each character logged in while VIP, even if you just log in and out of tutorial, you get the following permanently:

- +30 inventory slots
    Actually its inventory up to 75 unlocked.
    If you buy inventory space before VIP, the first 30 bought slots are wasted.
    The rest is correct.
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Anführer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

You can run anywhere on the map where you can survive except for Moria and southern Mirkwood where you must be a minimum level to complete the Epic Quest arc to gain entrance. You can spend a Mithril Coin to fast travel to almost any stable, including Legacy of the Necro. areas, but when you are in an area 15+ levels above your level you become a mob magnet (old anti-gold farmer mechanism). Some people have used this as a challenge to see how far a level 15, for example, can get from Bree. You can spend the MC to go visit Minas Tirith. (You can also get to MT or Dol Amroth by using the Belfalas housing broker in Bree to take a house tour in the Gondor premium housing area.)

You can also get to many of these places by being a chicken. (No kidding. There's a farm in The Shire where you can run chicken quests that take you all over the place.)

You can get to level cap by a tedious combination of: epic quest line, task turn-ins, killing mobs, scaled skirmishes (start at level 20), and crafting (only useful up to level 30ish).

- All class set bonus skills unlocked
    - All virtue and racial trait slots unlocked
    - All swift travel usable, once other criteria has been met, like discovering the stablemaster.
    - +30 inventory slots
    - Gold cap removed

That would run you something like 1500 LP per character if purchased individually from the store, and that 1500 LP costs more than 1 month VIP.

8. Dynamic bundle content and pricing may not be possible in the store without resorting to creating a bunch of specific bundles, e.g. Moria xpac, xpac without Warden, xpac without RK, xpac without either class, etc.
    Thanks for the response. I'm definitely going to grab one month of VIP and i'm not at all opposed to spending on the game but i just want to make sure that what i spend on at any one time is the right choice. What i was worried about was buying a Quest pack and then realizing that i can't actually go to that place because i don't have some Expansion which would then mean that i would have to spend more than i was going to at that moment in time. As to taking into consideration what i've already bought separately...surely there's SOMETHING they could do :S I'm not even going to start speculating since i haven't learned any of the lessons that they have when running the game for all these years, i don't know how it works right now on their end and i don't know what their plans are for the future. But it'll definitely feel a bit...poor...when i eventually get Moria and pay the full price for it. I haven't actually looked into how expensive it is in Euros but i may well end up waiting for a discount of LP bonus to get it if it's expensive enough while not taking into consideration what i've already bought from that package. Brings to mind- are there any Quest packs that are included in some Expansion pack ?

Quote Originally Posted by Oelle View Post
    Actually its inventory up to 75 unlocked.
    If you buy inventory space before VIP, the first 30 bought slots are wasted.
    The rest is correct.
    Thanks for the clarification Definitely going to make use of that

Thanks for the response. I'm definitely going to grab one month of VIP and i'm not at all opposed to spending on the game but i just want to make sure that what i spend on at any one time is the right choice. What i was worried about was buying a Quest pack and then realizing that i can't actually go to that place because i don't have some Expansion which would then mean that i would have to spend more than i was going to at that moment in time. As to taking into consideration what i've already bought separately...surely there's SOMETHING they could do :S I'm not even going to start speculating since i haven't learned any of the lessons that they have when running the game for all these years, i don't know how it works right now on their end and i don't know what their plans are for the future. But it'll definitely feel a bit...poor...when i eventually get Moria and pay the full price for it. I haven't actually looked into how expensive it is in Euros but i may well end up waiting for a discount of LP bonus to get it if it's expensive enough while not taking into consideration what i've already bought from that package. Brings to mind- are there any Quest packs that are included in some Expansion pack ?
    The only risk you might run into is buying a quest pack or xpac and finding that it's too high a level for you to play yet.

One point about purchasing xpacs - you can buy them from the LOTRO Market for real money as well as from the in-game store for LP. See LOTRO Market link at top of page. If you click there, then click Expansions link on the market page, you will see that you can purchase the first 4 expansions - Moria, Mirkwood, Rise of Isengard, and Riders of Rohan - in a bundle for $40 (or equiv Euro). That's less money than buying LP and purchasing the 4 from the store, even on sale. Also less than purchasing individually for real money.

Sometimes the Market has sales as well. Great sales, like the Quad Pack for $10. The most likely time for this is around US Thanksgiving holiday (4th Thursday in November).

The only quests included in expansions are the ones with the same name. The Moria Expansion contains "Quest Pack: Moria".

There used to be quest pack bundles, like the Path of the Fellowship Bundle, whiich contained several quest packs that were sold separately, but that was not an expac. It was a bit confusing because you could purchase an individual QP or two in the bundle and still buy the bundle, only to realize you'd spent the LP on some duplicates.