We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Good duo partner for a lore master if we want to solo 3 mans?

Back when we played over 1,800 days ago Hunters had +threat on strength stance so I would tank while he supported. I get the feeling that isn’t going to work anymore; are there any good alternate choices?

Warden, Hunter, and Captain were my most played classes.

I can't speak for the end-game instances but up to level 40, I can solo almost all of the 3-man instances with Captain
    Not all those who wander are lost

Quote Originally Posted by Thrandiul110 View Post
    Back when we played over 1,800 days ago Hunters had +threat on strength stance so I would tank while he supported. I get the feeling that isn’t going to work anymore; are there any good alternate choices?

Warden, Hunter, and Captain were my most played classes.
    An LM and warden are a fantastic duo. The LM solves one of the warden's biggest weaknesses, stuns. Together, they have solid heals and dps. It's a very good team (I play both characters). Plus, a warden can grab tons of mobs, then both of you can aoe like nuts. It's real fun.

LM and cappy are good too, although I'm partial to a warden over a cappy due to to the warden having more dps. Cappies are great tanks, but wardens also have the edge when tanking lots of mobs.

LM and hunter is do-able. I've duoed a bunch of things on my LM with a hunter friend. For content requiring a tank, your LM can go blue and use their bear.

I'd Go with a Beorning he can play a decent tank yet still heal your LM
    “Then something Tookish woke up inside him, and he wished to go and see the great mountains, and hear the pine-trees and the waterfalls, and explore the caves, and wear a sword instead of a walking-stick.”? J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit