We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Torn between Captains and Wardens, and Men and High Elves

I have a warden who is level 34 but kinda got bored from him for some reason (mainly because mobs died before I could build my 2nd gambit) so I mained a cappie. I currently have a 38 Man Captain and I really enjoy him, I tanked 3mans pretty easily, I find the DPS quite well (what's with people crying that caps are one of the worst dps, 2nd only to guard), of course nothing too much but it is sufficent, I didn't try healing a lot but it probably is fine though.
    So actually nothing is wrong with my cappy. But when I see a warden, the icon catches my eye, then the cool shield, then the spear, the javelin. It all looks cool, especially when you're a captain that is stuck with a 2h only. I also find the "lore" of the wardens nice, protects places, travels fast. An agile melee fighter that is not a coward (I'm looking at you, burgs!) but gameplay-wise, as far as I know they are in a very ###### spot right now, they can't properly tank, their DPS is not top notch, and of course no buffs/debuffs. Cappy shines at all of these mentioned except the DPS (which, still I think is good but im only level 38 yet). So I'm torn between the "cool" class and the "practical" class.
    And as for the races; Everytime I see a High Elf, I'm like "woah this guy is tall, he sure looks huge on that horse and his animation is very cool" so I want to load up a High Elf but I really do not like the rather "feminine" posture, physique and voices of the male elves and high elves. And yet I find them somewhat cool. Do you see how torn I am right now The race of Man is fine, your character looks like a man, sounds like a man, all is nice.. until a high elf comes near me and I look 1,5 meters tall. On horseback it only get worse. But the running and especially the walking animations of High Elves look a bit weird.

So should I stick to my "practical" way of Man Cappy, or go for the "cool" idea of a Warden as a man of high elf. See I can't say if the Man or the High Elf is "cool" really, really torn.
    Last edited by Anatolianer; Jul 09 2018 at 02:15 PM.
    Not all those who wander are lost

I recently started a High Elf character because after seeing the animations on YouTube I had to have one. Now I am a male but I decided to play a female HE alt because they are quite beautiful and to hear her yell in Quenya is just too cool. Certainly no regrets though they are fairly pricey. I would do another without hesitation. I have a Man Champ and that is fun too but his yells are somewhat juvenile sounding to me.
    Last edited by Alewyze; Jul 11 2018 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anatolianer View Post
    I have a warden who is level 34 but kinda got bored from him for some reason (mainly because mobs died before I could build my 2nd gambit) so I mained a cappie. I currently have a 38 Man Captain and I really enjoy him, I tanked 3mans pretty easily, I find the DPS quite well (what's with people crying that caps are one of the worst dps, 2nd only to guard), of course nothing too much but it is sufficent, I didn't try healing a lot but it probably is fine though.
    So actually nothing is wrong with my cappy. But when I see a warden, the icon catches my eye, then the cool shield, then the spear, the javelin. It all looks cool, especially when you're a captain that is stuck with a 2h only. I also find the "lore" of the wardens nice, protects places, travels fast. An agile melee fighter that is not a coward (I'm looking at you, burgs!) but gameplay-wise, as far as I know they are in a very ###### spot right now, they can't properly tank, their DPS is not top notch, and of course no buffs/debuffs. Cappy shines at all of these mentioned except the DPS (which, still I think is good but im only level 38 yet). So I'm torn between the "cool" class and the "practical" class.
    And as for the races; Everytime I see a High Elf, I'm like "woah this guy is tall, he sure looks huge on that horse and his animation is very cool" so I want to load up a High Elf but I really do not like the rather "feminine" posture, physique and voices of the male elves and high elves. And yet I find them somewhat cool. Do you see how torn I am right now The race of Man is fine, your character looks like a man, sounds like a man, all is nice.. until a high elf comes near me and I look 1,5 meters tall. On horseback it only get worse. But the running and especially the walking animations of High Elves look a bit weird.

So should I stick to my "practical" way of Man Cappy, or go for the "cool" idea of a Warden as a man of high elf. See I can't say if the Man or the High Elf is "cool" really, really torn.

Seeing as you havnt played any class to the point of even being 1/3 of level cap I would say you having an opinion on anything about it dps would be the furthest thing from even being close to accurate. Play a Captian anywhere near capped in average gear and you will understand why their dps "sucks"...