We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarbro View Post
    Does it settle down after the drive had finished being read??

try using affinity to set a different cpu core (I find a pair of cores is best).
    Sure. But my main goal here is to find a way to get it to reliably break so the devs can fix it. Just wondering if this behavior is isolated to a small number of machines... medium... large... all?

Quote Originally Posted by robsolflotr View Post
    Sure. But my main goal here is to find a way to get it to reliably break so the devs can fix it. Just wondering if this behavior is isolated to a small number of machines... medium... large... all?
    Ok, Not been able to recreate it on any of the 3 PCs I have with LOTRO installed, a 4 core Xeon 775 board, a 4 core Athlon AMD1 board, or a 6 core Phenom II AM3+ board, all running Win7 64bit, but at various levels of patching.

All 3 have various active USB devices plugged into them, including graphics tablets, SD and USB memory sticks, smart phones, webcams, printers etc; no stuttering caused by plugging or unplugging any of them during game play; although on the weedy little AM1 board, they do take a lot longer than normal to initialise if the game is running.

Ok, Not been able to recreate it on any of the 3 PCs I have with LOTRO installed, a 4 core Xeon 775 board, a 4 core Athlon AMD1 board, or a 6 core Phenom II AM3+ board, all running Win7 64bit, but at various levels of patching.

All 3 have various active USB devices plugged into them, including graphics tablets, SD and USB memory sticks, smart phones, webcams, printers etc; no stuttering caused by plugging or unplugging any of them during game play; although on the weedy little AM1 board, they do take a lot longer than normal to initialise if the game is running.
    Good to hear it might be pretty rare. Interesting though, that where it does happen, it happens pretty easily.

Quote Originally Posted by robsolflotr View Post
    Good to hear it might be pretty rare. Interesting though, that where it does happen, it happens pretty easily.
    Just bear in mind I might be an outlier; I can count crashes over 4 years of play on one hand, and only managed to get MT to crash during an instance by messing with the texture cache settings. I got 2 fps and 3.8GB of RAM used, but no crashes.

Temp Solution: Rolled back to a restore point and now Norton doesn't start but LOTRO does.

My Device manager was constantly refreshing while plugged in. Unplugging LAN was the only thing that stopped it.

I rolled back to a restore point and now the only thing that's not working is Norton Antivirus/Firewall. Keep in mind, disabling Norton didn't fix the problem.

But LOTRO works again. When I feel like it I'll try reinstalling Norton and give an update.

I have tried setting the affinity on my win 10 OS, but it resets after reboot. I would also like to add that my old computer died 2 weeks ago. It did this constant audio skip thing. I got a new computer, and, &%#$^, it has the same thing happening. All driver are up to date. I'm using wireless.

It's depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziane View Post
    I have tried setting the affinity on my win 10 OS, but it resets after reboot. I would also like to add that my old computer died 2 weeks ago. It did this constant audio skip thing. I got a new computer, and, &%#$^, it has the same thing happening. All driver are up to date. I'm using wireless.

It's depressing.
    Ok, Affinity DOES require resetting after a reboot, I know of no way to make it stick.

have you read Hurins "One Guide", and have installed all the packages LOTRO needs, but doesnt come with? or starters, Win10 comes with dx12, which is NOT fully compatible with the dx9-dx11 files LOTRO needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziane View Post

It's depressing.
    By chance, based on prior posts in this thread, do you have Norton security/antivirus/antimalware products running on both computers?

Win10 comes with dx12, which is NOT fully compatible with the dx9-dx11 files LOTRO needs.
    Windows 10 does come with directx 9, 10, and 11 and not just a backwards-compatible dx12(*). It just doesn't come with the now-deprecated directx extensions that some older games depend upon.

Thank you for the replies. I installed DX 9.0c from the web after running the installer, but I had to run the compatibility app to get Lotro to run despite that installation. I am not sure if that causes the problem or not. I'll run through Hurin's guide and make sure I covered all my bases.

I found that pausing my Onedrive scans helped a little, but it didn't eradicate the problem

I found that all the things in Hurin's really helpful guide were things I had already done. I had a terrible time making it run on my new machine. I am stubborn but lots of folks aren't. Shame really
    Last edited by Ziane; Oct 08 2018 at 01:07 PM.

I found a solution that has resolved this issue for me. Shilofax was a big help and allowed me to narrow in on the problem quickly.
    My computer has an Onboard LAN adapter --- RealTek PCIe GbE Family Controller
    It turns out since the launch of Windows 10 windows has not played nice with this adapter.
    First I went to the RealTek website and downloaded the newest driver but it dind't resolve the issue (I still recommend doing this as windows update will install a working driver from 2015 by default).
    Upon further research I discovered it's some of the settings that cause the device to malfunction.
    1. Right click the device and go to power management - uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"
    2. Under Advanced "Energy Efficient-Ethernet" - disable this
    3. Under Advanced "Green Ethernet" - disable this
    4. Under Advanced Speed and Duplex set a value I selected "100Mbps Full Duplex" but you may want to choose another option
    If this still doesn't resolve the issue you may also want to reset TCP/IP by typing this in a administrator command prompt "netsh int ip reset" (no quotes)

If this doesn't resolve the issue for you check all your USB devices to make sure they've got the most recent updates. Anything that's not working properly and causing the device manager to refresh frequently will cause the hitching issues in LoTRO. Start there and trouble shoot your peripherals by unplugging them one-by-one to see which is causing the problem.

IGNORE THIS----> My fix to this is, disabling the (AMD High Definition Audio Device) under Audio Inputs and Outputs in the Device Manager.
    This is typically your video cards HDMI sound.

Still the same problem.
    Worth noting that I have the same issue on two totally different PC platforms. Intel Asus Sabretooth Z77, and an AMD Asus 970 Pro Gaming/Aura.
    The ONLY thing that's the same is the Display. (oh, and Windows 10 x64 Home)

I've NO desire to use a Wi-Fi adapter as I'd removed the one I was using because of Rocket League.
    Some have said that playing with Ethernet adapter settings or drivers has worked.
    Some have said, sound drivers...

I feel like since there's a variety of fixes there must be some kind of devilry that LotRO doesn't play well with.
    Perhaps with the latest updates from SSG and Microsoft there may be some DX or Driver shenanigans going on.
    Last edited by Urungus; Dec 30 2018 at 01:41 AM.

Crissaegrim is offline Defender of the Hornburg
    Guardian of Lothlórien
    I have suffered with this precise situation starting in the same time frame as the OP.

I've finally resolved it with help from this thread, many many attempts to work with settings that never changed a thing, and then finally: The solution.

I purchased a USB Wireless Network Adaptor, ripped my ethernet cable out of my box, uninstalled the RealTek network adaptor so that the only method my box could contact the internet was the wireless.

Flawless. Back to normal. Perfect sound. No hitching. No resetting audio.

Thank gawd.

Audio Skipping

A couple days ago i plugged in an headet. Since then i have the problem some people mention about audio skipping. Eevry 30 seconds the game breaks for one sec and the music resets....its annoying to the point i cant enjoy the game. I dont know if it's because i plugged in the headset or not...I've seen people talking about the lan cable, i've never had issues with it and ate the moment i cant play by wi-fi. Anyway i updated all my drivers and the issue continues. I noticed whenever I touch the mouse or the keyboard usb's cable the music hitches..which is weird. I reinstalled them both and the issue continues. I also deactivated the realtek output and nothing, also worth of mention: when inside the device manager sometimes the device list refreshes but i cant figure out what causes this. I've even reinstalled the game and nothing. I'm out of options..also because I dont understand much about computer hardware. Can someone help me? It bothers me cause i've recently started playing the game as VIP and i cant enjoy the game as I wanted to. Thanks for reading, im not the best at explaining this stuff and I could really use some help.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2