We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarbro View Post
    Does it settle down after the drive had finished being read??

try using affinity to set a different cpu core (I find a pair of cores is best).
    Sure. But my main goal here is to find a way to get it to reliably break so the devs can fix it. Just wondering if this behavior is isolated to a small number of machines... medium... large... all?

Quote Originally Posted by robsolflotr View Post
    Sure. But my main goal here is to find a way to get it to reliably break so the devs can fix it. Just wondering if this behavior is isolated to a small number of machines... medium... large... all?
    Ok, Not been able to recreate it on any of the 3 PCs I have with LOTRO installed, a 4 core Xeon 775 board, a 4 core Athlon AMD1 board, or a 6 core Phenom II AM3+ board, all running Win7 64bit, but at various levels of patching.

All 3 have various active USB devices plugged into them, including graphics tablets, SD and USB memory sticks, smart phones, webcams, printers etc; no stuttering caused by plugging or unplugging any of them during game play; although on the weedy little AM1 board, they do take a lot longer than normal to initialise if the game is running.

Ok, Not been able to recreate it on any of the 3 PCs I have with LOTRO installed, a 4 core Xeon 775 board, a 4 core Athlon AMD1 board, or a 6 core Phenom II AM3+ board, all running Win7 64bit, but at various levels of patching.

All 3 have various active USB devices plugged into them, including graphics tablets, SD and USB memory sticks, smart phones, webcams, printers etc; no stuttering caused by plugging or unplugging any of them during game play; although on the weedy little AM1 board, they do take a lot longer than normal to initialise if the game is running.
    Good to hear it might be pretty rare. Interesting though, that where it does happen, it happens pretty easily.

Quote Originally Posted by robsolflotr View Post
    Good to hear it might be pretty rare. Interesting though, that where it does happen, it happens pretty easily.
    Just bear in mind I might be an outlier; I can count crashes over 4 years of play on one hand, and only managed to get MT to crash during an instance by messing with the texture cache settings. I got 2 fps and 3.8GB of RAM used, but no crashes.

Temp Solution: Rolled back to a restore point and now Norton doesn't start but LOTRO does.

My Device manager was constantly refreshing while plugged in. Unplugging LAN was the only thing that stopped it.

I rolled back to a restore point and now the only thing that's not working is Norton Antivirus/Firewall. Keep in mind, disabling Norton didn't fix the problem.

But LOTRO works again. When I feel like it I'll try reinstalling Norton and give an update.

I have tried setting the affinity on my win 10 OS, but it resets after reboot. I would also like to add that my old computer died 2 weeks ago. It did this constant audio skip thing. I got a new computer, and, &%#$^, it has the same thing happening. All driver are up to date. I'm using wireless.

It's depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziane View Post
    I have tried setting the affinity on my win 10 OS, but it resets after reboot. I would also like to add that my old computer died 2 weeks ago. It did this constant audio skip thing. I got a new computer, and, &%#$^, it has the same thing happening. All driver are up to date. I'm using wireless.

It's depressing.
    Ok, Affinity DOES require resetting after a reboot, I know of no way to make it stick.

have you read Hurins "One Guide", and have installed all the packages LOTRO needs, but doesnt come with? or starters, Win10 comes with dx12, which is NOT fully compatible with the dx9-dx11 files LOTRO needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziane View Post

It's depressing.
    By chance, based on prior posts in this thread, do you have Norton security/antivirus/antimalware products running on both computers?
    Installing LotRO -- One Guide to Rule Them All!
    Purchasing LotRO -- Guide to Building Your Own "Lifetime" Account.

Win10 comes with dx12, which is NOT fully compatible with the dx9-dx11 files LOTRO needs.
    Windows 10 does come with directx 9, 10, and 11 and not just a backwards-compatible dx12(*). It just doesn't come with the now-deprecated directx extensions that some older games depend upon.
    Installing LotRO -- One Guide to Rule Them All!
    Purchasing LotRO -- Guide to Building Your Own "Lifetime" Account.

Thank you for the replies. I installed DX 9.0c from the web after running the installer, but I had to run the compatibility app to get Lotro to run despite that installation. I am not sure if that causes the problem or not. I'll run through Hurin's guide and make sure I covered all my bases.

I found that pausing my Onedrive scans helped a little, but it didn't eradicate the problem

I found that all the things in Hurin's really helpful guide were things I had already done. I had a terrible time making it run on my new machine. I am stubborn but lots of folks aren't. Shame really
    Last edited by Ziane; Oct 08 2018 at 12:07 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2