We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

question: exchange of blows melee damage bugged, never worked?

I have a question about my 115 champion. I added exchange of blows melee damage % to my LI. I searched and could not find much information but it seemed very nice. I tried it out statically looking for tooltip increases in damage when exchange of blows was active and saw nothing. I went to Dol Amroth dummies and did tests with and without exchange of blows active for blade wall and raging blade and saw no significant damage increase over dozens of attempts with the same focus level. I should have seen something around or related to 20% from the status of the legacy (or even something less relative to mitigations??) but I saw nothing at all.

Is this just a dud? Known? If so, i have not found traces of it with forum and google searches. Broken with the rest of champ in recent "upgrades" like champ attack delay and no auto-attacks? Is there a special manner to activate it other than just using exchange of blows (user error)?

Thanks for any help or info. Just wanted to know if I wasted the imbued scroll.

I hope this answers your question, Exchange of Blows reflects damage. Meaning, when you are hit, 50% of the damage you receive will be reflected back on your attacker. The lagacy increases how much damage is reflected to 79.2% at max tier (imbued). The dummies you tested this on don't hit you, so you will not see any damage reflected back.

I just did a quick test with auto-attack (btw what do you mean with no auto-attacks?). At 5 fervour without Exchange of Blows a auto-attack crit was 10679 damage, 5 fervour with Exchange of Blows 11309 damage. Thats of course not the 29.2% (fully leveled EoB)increase you seam to expect from the tooltip, but about 5.9% as the damage increase from Exchange of Blows (as almost all other +damage buffs) is additive to the base damage and the damage bonus from mastery. In my case: 100% base damage, 395.5% bonus damage from mastery and a +5% damage from a scroll for a total of 500.5% damage befor activating Exchange of Blows and then +29.2% from that skill leading to 529.7% damage. If we do the math, we see that this is an ancrease of 5.8%, nearly the same that I saw on auto-attack crits. (always use crits when comparing damage numbers pre and after buffs, normal hits can vary between the low and high end of the skill´s tooltip damage, a crit is always calculated using the high end damage of a skill).

Additionally I looked at the tooltip of Raging Blade:

Again an increase of 5.8% of the damage values in total confirmation of what it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyassus View Post
    I hope this answers your question, Exchange of Blows reflects damage. Meaning, when you are hit, 50% of the damage you receive will be reflected back on your attacker. The lagacy increases how much damage is reflected to 79.2% at max tier (imbued). The dummies you tested this on don't hit you, so you will not see any damage reflected back.
    Thats what Exchange of Blows does without the legecy for an imbued rune. The legacy additionally gives up to +29.2 % damage (calculation see above).

Yep. My error. Given my legacy is not fully SoEed I see only about a 3% increase now that I know what to look for (100% + 360% then +15%). I looked at the physical mastery bonus percentage # as I enabled the exchange and there was the 15% relative increase for the 15 seconds. Hardly showed up in the damage at all and the variations due to focus loss/gain masked some of it.

Reflect with or without legacy remained at 50%.

Thanks for spending the time to clarify my confusion. I forgot the 15% (max 29.2%) was only a small relative increase due to the mechanics.

As to auto-attacks, I see auto-attack just turn off in the middle of combat since the 22.2 update randomly screws up the delay on skills. Auto-attack just stops after a skil, can be restarted (sometimes) by hitting another skill or the attack button. Watched for many seconds as the champ just sits there getting hit doing nothing. wait, ... wait,, ..., 10 seconds, 20 seconds, hit a skill key and auto-attack starts up again. Sometimes I can walk up to a mob, turn on attack, and see no auto-attack until I hit a skill or attack button. Sometimes it works doing damage from the beginning. Hopefully fixed when the skill delay is fixed.

I don't think Exchange of Blows shows up on the combat analysis as damage from you. You should see the reflected damage numbers radiate from the mob, but it won't be able to track the damage by skill. My basis for this is that I've used Exchange of Blows to defeat some bosses/roving threats who stack damage buffs to ridiculous levels. If the buff gets high enough, and the bosses damage is low enough, you can finish them off with Exchange of Blows as a suicide kill. I've killed Rakothas on the Dread Terror raid like that when my raid was dying and his damage buff was ridiculously high. I got rezzed and ran at him with it activated. It didn't show up as damage from me, so it just showed that he died, not that I had killed him (probably to prevent damage reflect loops on some bosses).

That’s what I saw on combat tab was reflect damage shows as red mob generated damage. However what I was asking about was a legacy on the LI that increases champ outgoing damage by a % and I was having trouble detecting it until I was nicely shown how. 2 different features both under exchange of blows.