We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

I need some help getting started in the Alliance system

I picked the The Kingdome of Gondor to start. Then I did the quest given me by Prince Imrahil. But now nothing…..no more quests. Checking LoTRO-wiki I have to get something called Preserved Relic of the Last Alliance from Alliance Quartermasters in The Hall of the King. There are no Alliance Quartermasters in The Hall of the King.

I am level 111 and completed Volume IV, Book 9.

I am pretty sure it is something simple, but I am missing it. Can someone help me out here please?

Did you do the coronation? If yes, you now need to gain reputation. Some quests in Mordor give you rep items. Once your rep is up, you can do another quest. Repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Faolchu View Post
    Checking LoTRO-wiki I have to get something called Preserved Relic of the Last Alliance from Alliance Quartermasters in The Hall of the King. There are no Alliance Quartermasters in The Hall of the King.
    I think you've misread the Wiki. You don't get the Preserved Relic from the Quartermaster, the Quartermaster takes them in exchange for armour, jewellery, etc. The one in the Hall of the King is called Quartermaster (Kingdom of Gondor).

As wispsong said, certain quests give the Preserved Relics as rewards and you can use them to increase you reputation with your chosen Alliance.

There's a guide to how it all works here - http://dadislotroguides.com/allegian...s-demystified/

The allegiance halls are a rep grind. The relics of the last alliance have two uses. You can consume (right click) them like other reputation items to increase your rep with an allegiance hall, or you can barter them to an allegiance hall quartermaster for gear.

I can't remember exactly what rep level you need to be, but once you reach a certain rep level with a hall, there will be an NPC in that hall who gives daily quests for Mordor which reward you with more relics. Once you have enough rep with all four halls, you can earn 10 relics per day (two from the daily quest for each hall, plus 2 more for a daily meta quest. There is also a weekly quest that rewards 10 more relics. You get the meta quests from an allegiance hall NPC.

The relics are bound to account, so if you have alts you are levelling up, you can collect the relics with one toon and give them to another toon for hall rep or to barter for gear.

There is one catch to be aware of that might be the cause for your confusion. SSG changed the relics in update 22, so some relics are from before update 22 and need to be swapped for the newer type of relic. I know there are still a few landscape quests that give out the old relics (one of my alts has picked up some of the old relics from landscape quests within the last few days). You should take those old relics to the hall quartermaster and swap them for the new type of relic. I think this is what has confused you. If you have any of the old last alliance relics, you can trade them to an allegiance hall quartermaster and receive the new last alliance relics in exchange.
    Therina - Hobbit Guard Rongo - Hobbit Warden
    Frood - Man Minstrel Garmun - Man Captain
    Zorosi - Dwarf Champ Froodaroon - Elf Hunter
    Southern Defenders - Arkenstone (formerly Elendilmir)