We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Can LOTRO be run on a Nvidia Quadro P1000 card?

Hi All;

Simple question

Can LOTRO be run on a NVidia Quadro P1000 card (Driver v13.9174) and if so is there anything special has to be done?

I can start the Launcher, put in my Creds, Select the world and Click Play and the launcher then just disappears?

Anyone got any Ideas?
    Sucamarto - Level 115 Archer (Landroval)

Quote Originally Posted by Sucamarto View Post
    Hi All;

Simple question

Can LOTRO be run on a NVidia Quadro P1000 card (Driver v13.9174) and if so is there anything special has to be done?

I can start the Launcher, put in my Creds, Select the world and Click Play and the launcher then just disappears?

Anyone got any Ideas?
    There doesnt appear to be any reason it shouldnt run; new system?, replaced old gfx card in previously working system?

The driver may have overwritten dx9 files, so reinstalling those would be a good place to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarbro View Post
    There doesnt appear to be any reason it shouldnt run; new system?, replaced old gfx card in previously working system?

The driver may have overwritten dx9 files, so reinstalling those would be a good place to start.
    That would be my first guess after my travails after reinstalling the game recently.

My next suggestion would be to temporarily move your Lord Of The Rings folder from documents to the desktop, and then launch. This will force ALL the game settings to default, not just graphics, and may provide some helpful error messages if nothing else.
    Immigrant from the City of Paragon. We are heroes. This is what we do.

Founding member of Mornost Gwend of Gladden. "We shout a lot!"

Quote Originally Posted by Seschat View Post
    That would be my first guess after my travails after reinstalling the game recently.

My next suggestion would be to temporarily move your Lord Of The Rings folder from documents to the desktop, and then launch. This will force ALL the game settings to default, not just graphics, and may provide some helpful error messages if nothing else.
    Why are there two versions of this thread running?? Perhaps a MOD should merge them.

A silent crash to desktop can often be caused by missing DirectX runtimes and also missing Visual C++ runtimes (especially on the Steam version).

Link in signature is to a thread where download link for each needed prerequisite is provided. For easier access though, here's the three links:

• DirectX Runtimes (and extensions): here
    • Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (note: not x64 version): here.
    • Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable (note: not x64 version): here.

There used to be an artificial limitation put on Quadro cards where DirectX (etc.) were disabled (via drivers?). But that's no longer the case. It should just work.

--H
    Installing LotRO -- One Guide to Rule Them All!
    Purchasing LotRO -- Guide to Building Your Own "Lifetime" Account.

I had similar issue and it was about the missing DirectX runtimes in my case so Hurin is right.

essay writer