We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Lvl 115 Guard LIs for Tanking

Can a lvl 115 guard please screenshot and post their tanking weapon and belt stats?

Many thanks!

Last edited by Ismarond; Jul 05 2018 at 05:29 PM.
    Ismarond - 115 Champion
    Ismalil - 115 Burglar
    Ismaili - 115 Guardian

Quote Originally Posted by Ismarond View Post

Thank you very much!!

Quote Originally Posted by PewPew9700 View Post
    Thank you very much!!
    Compared to Ismarond's screenie , i would strongly suggest the following :

Weapon : Swap sweeping cut damage for stamp cooldown. Apart from interrupting, you need it for animation cancelling , makes a significant difference.
    Sweeping cut is not a good skill for tanking/aggro to begin with. Spending time to build shield smash is better , there is no debate here.

Belt : This however is debatable , since there are ~8 decent legacies to choose from for tanking.
    I suggest dropping cry resist for light damage , to give you better initial aggro when using warchant.
    I personally don't count cry resist as a viable legacy at all. It only matters for warchant , but meh , let's just say the rating is too low compared to finesse percentages nowadays...
    Also , pledge magnitude is a debatable legacy as well. On level 105 it used to be completely trash but still many guards used it because it seemed important.
    Basically , it did nothing unless you turned your back , got disarmed or was hit by a ranged attack , which rarely happened or mattered...................... ..
    Now on level 115 it could be useful on some situations , but it really depends on the guardian's build and fight flow.
    Long story short , drop cry resist for light damage and ignore the details....

Quote Originally Posted by Kazabooboo View Post

Weapon : Swap sweeping cut damage for stamp cooldown. Apart from interrupting, you need it for animation cancelling , makes a significant difference.
    Sweeping cut is not a good skill for tanking/aggro to begin with. Spending time to build shield smash is better , there is no debate here.

Belt : This however is debatable , since there are ~8 decent legacies to choose from for tanking.
    I suggest dropping cry resist for light damage , to give you better initial aggro when using warchant.
    I personally don't count cry resist as a viable legacy at all. It only matters for warchant , but meh , let's just say the rating is too low compared to finesse percentages nowadays...
    Also , pledge magnitude is a debatable legacy as well. On level 105 it used to be completely trash but still many guards used it because it seemed important.
    Basically , it did nothing unless you turned your back , got disarmed or was hit by a ranged attack , which rarely happened or mattered...................... ..
    Now on level 115 it could be useful on some situations , but it really depends on the guardian's build and fight flow.
    Long story short , drop cry resist for light damage and ignore the details....
    Thanks so much for the insightful and thorough input. I sincerely appreciate it! Its very helpful.

I have been eying light damage lately, since war chant got a buff.

I had no idea stamp was important for animation cancelling, though. Is there a typical situation where that is useful?

And thanks! I will tweak my LIs according to your advice.
    Ismarond - 115 Champion
    Ismalil - 115 Burglar
    Ismaili - 115 Guardian

I had no idea stamp was important for animation cancelling, though. Is there a typical situation where that is useful?
    It's mostly good to use along shield skills. Shield swipe and shield smash in particular are quite long.
    For example , if you hit stamp the moment shield swipe begins to animate , you can 'instant' cast shield taunt/bash , without waiting for shield swipe to finish.
    This is useful for quite a few occasions.
    1) Very good when you start a trash pull , because you can unlock shield smash faster and keep aggro before mobs run off. This allows you to delay challenge longer because you have the enemies stunned and still on you.
    2) You can build fortification faster.
    3) You can make it a part of your rotation even after the initial pull for better DPS , more stuns , faster gameplay etc , but that's optional.
    4) If you get spike damage while a shield skill is animating , interrupting the animation will allow you to use warriors heart instantly.
    5) Even if you fight a boss that needs interrupting , it rarely matters if you ''waste'' stamp's cd , because shield bash and smash interrupt as well.
    You'll have one of them available to stop the induction anyway.
    etc etc

Apart from stamp , you can also use catch a breath or ignore the pain to achieve the same ( they are immediate as well ) , but both of those skills have a significant animation themselves.
    I try to combine them with shield skills only if i have to use them , for example , if i get 3 wounds , i start animating a shield skill before activating ignore the pain ^^
    But stamp ? That one i have on spam mode , it's just so fast and good for the job <3

And thanks!
    You're welcome : - )

It's mostly good to use along shield skills. Shield swipe and shield smash in particular are quite long.
    For example, ...
    Brilliant! Thanks again.
    Ismarond - 115 Champion
    Ismalil - 115 Burglar
    Ismaili - 115 Guardian