We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Change in LI naming rules?

Like many players am a Tolkien nerd, have read the books many times, and usually when naming LIs like to use the name of one of the Valar. Such as "Gift of Ulmo" or "Blade of Mahal". Yesterday for the first time - while trying to name a sword after Mahal... then Aule... then any Vala - got a "that name is not appropriate for Middle Earth" error message.

I already have LIs named after Valar (Ulmo, Aule/Mahal, Orome) so did they recently tighten the rules? Had not played for about 5 months.
    Ngaemond 115 Cpt | Ngeowyn 115 Wrd | Ngali 115 Ch | Ngorbadoc 116 Hnt | Ngollwydha 120 Brg | Ngoin 115 Min | | Ngori 115 Rk | Ngalwen 110 Cpt | Ngurin 108 Grd | Ngamarie 116 Cpt Arkenstone

Quote Originally Posted by DarthKeryx View Post
    Like many players am a Tolkien nerd, have read the books many times, and usually when naming LIs like to use the name of one of the Valar. Such as "Gift of Ulmo" or "Blade of Mahal". Yesterday for the first time - while trying to name a sword after Mahal... then Aule... then any Vala - got a "that name is not appropriate for Middle Earth" error message.

I already have LIs named after Valar (Ulmo, Aule/Mahal, Orome) so did they recently tighten the rules? Had not played for about 5 months.
    Yes they did.

Same thing happened to me the other day
    Arequain Belechael, Legate of Celosien, Minas Brethil, Lebennin

The irony of it all is that the names that are most lore friendly are the ones being labeled "inappropriate for Middle earth." I hope this is a mistake and not an intentional change. Having a lore appropriate name should not be discouraged! It's especially bizarre though when no one else can even see it but you (like for horses.)