We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Launcher fails 55% through updating files. Cannot connect

After the last server shut down and restart July 3rd My Lotro started acting funky

At random times my screens would become "disconnected" , while my computer were still on, there was no display.

After running several programs and only having this problem when I was logged onto lotro I decided to uninstall reinstall the game. I got through the whole process, but now when I log on the updater fails after 55% and I get the error "Request could not be reset."

I tried running as administrator, I reset my firewall and my antivirus (panda) to allow the three programs (lotroclient, Turbine launcher, and one other) and got the same error. I followed the instructions about deleting and reading this exemptions
    I disabled my antivirus and firewall, and the same problem after 55% the update fails

I cannot run the game. I did put in a support ticket, but who knows how long that will take to be answered. So I thought I'd ask here and see if anyone else has some wisdom

thing thing just stops at 55% of updating and says it cannot connect

tried using Lotroline to repair the problem, no help....going to try another complete install

Last edited by Flagron; Jul 04 2018 at 03:58 PM.
    “Then something Tookish woke up inside him, and he wished to go and see the great mountains, and hear the pine-trees and the waterfalls, and explore the caves, and wear a sword instead of a walking-stick.”? J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit

Quote Originally Posted by Flagron View Post
    After the last server shut down and restart July 3rd My Lotro started acting funky

At random times my screens would become "disconnected" , while my computer were still on, there was no display.

After running several programs and only having this problem when I was logged onto lotro I decided to uninstall reinstall the game. I got through the whole process, but now when I log on the updater fails after 55% and I get the error "Request could not be reset."

I tried running as administrator, I reset my firewall and my antivirus (panda) to allow the three programs (lotroclient, Turbine launcher, and one other) and got the same error. I followed the instructions about deleting and reading this exemptions
    I disabled my antivirus and firewall, and the same problem after 55% the update fails

I cannot run the game. I did put in a support ticket, but who knows how long that will take to be answered. So I thought I'd ask here and see if anyone else has some wisdom

thing thing just stops at 55% of updating and says it cannot connect

tried using Lotroline to repair the problem, no help....going to try another complete install

There is a new version of the launcher in the LOTRo install folder; for some strange reason, although SSG produced and installed it months ago; the installer doesnt remove and replace the old Turbine launcher automatically.

You can try locating it and running it instead of the Turbine version; it is called "lotrolauncher.exe"; not sure if it will help with your install issue though. Also check to see if Akamai (spl?) is being allowed internet access, as this is the 3rd party company that distributes many of the installer files. For some reason, in recent years various AM/AV/Firewalls have blocked it, even though it has been around since the year dot, and even MicroGit have used it to host operating system files in the past.