We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 26 to 31 of 31
  1. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethrildar View Post
    Wardens just need survival skills that match that of Guardians, and bosses need to be BPE'able (albeit pass through a substantial portion of it).

    Warriors Fortitude is hilariously more potent than Never Surrender, can be popped on demand, has an attached 30k(+) bubble, and leaves a permanent-in-combat buff on the Guard. Catch a Breath used every 25-35 seconds heals more (by a fairly substantial margin) than Persevere line heals (all 3 simultaneously) and is an immediate clickable rather than 25+ skills you have to play pre-emptively.

    Warden just isn't geared (skill wise) around being a main tank right now and it needs to change, the best way is for decent survival cooldowns to be implemented (clickables, NOT gambits), decent group utility to be added (gambits, NOT clickables), and self heals to be percentage based but kept at a reasonable level where Wardens are NOT making healers redundant.

    Regarding people soloing 3 and 6man content, it's been that way forever for almost all classes if played right, couldn't care less, it takes absolutely hours and is a complete waste of time. This is said as someone who's wasted countless hours soloing (or attempting to) many instances, including (successfully) Flight to the Lonely Mountain on-level back at 100. It takes so long it's better to do the content with a group.
    Pretty much sums it up.

  2. #27
    Yeees, what was just said...

    I picked and play warden cause it should be tank class... It's so screwed now that I rather play dps wherever I can these days... (I played also tank in some smaller t2c or thrang, it was succesfull in the end but it was so much pain.. I had no desire to repeat that before fixing blue)

    I think I have nothing more to what was said, but want to add my voice. Tank wardens still wait and hope. !

  3. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethrildar View Post
    Wardens just need survival skills that match that of Guardians, and bosses need to be BPE'able (albeit pass through a substantial portion of it).

    Warriors Fortitude is hilariously more potent than Never Surrender, can be popped on demand, has an attached 30k(+) bubble, and leaves a permanent-in-combat buff on the Guard. Catch a Breath used every 25-35 seconds heals more (by a fairly substantial margin) than Persevere line heals (all 3 simultaneously) and is an immediate clickable rather than 25+ skills you have to play pre-emptively.

    Warden just isn't geared (skill wise) around being a main tank right now and it needs to change, the best way is for decent survival cooldowns to be implemented (clickables, NOT gambits), decent group utility to be added (gambits, NOT clickables), and self heals to be percentage based but kept at a reasonable level where Wardens are NOT making healers redundant.

    Regarding people soloing 3 and 6man content, it's been that way forever for almost all classes if played right, couldn't care less, it takes absolutely hours and is a complete waste of time. This is said as someone who's wasted countless hours soloing (or attempting to) many instances, including (successfully) Flight to the Lonely Mountain on-level back at 100. It takes so long it's better to do the content with a group.
    I don't know, maybe if they made NS have around 1:30-2 mins cooldown on blue line that would compensate for warriors heart. And we just need another survival skill, not DC being tied to a forced taunt, but another skill that reduces 50% of damage or something like that for a short duration (15-20s) with 2-3 mins cooldown.
    Heal really need to get buffed a lot. Making it all % based seems like a good way to fix it forever, but maybe making it 2-3x magnitude of current (max of 2x magnitude on restoration) would be enough. I like the new chain gambit buff of doing the shield spear gambits one after another to get a higher heal on restoration, I like the idea I mean, but the implementation is bad, maybe if you do the chain you get restoration to heal twice as much both directly and HoT?
    Problem is not class soloing content...problem is class being OP enough on EM that creeps cry enough for it to get nerfed. Even when warden was just an OKish tank for raids, creeps managed to make everyone believe they had to be nerfed and they did.

    What I don't really share of what you say is the group utility part, it's a dangerous road to go by, I want to tank efficiently on my warden so I'm wanted for my tanking, but if you add too much group utility it will be unavoidable that we'll be way worse at the tanking role because of being better for utility. Warden should tank, blue line should be about surviving and getting aggro. I shouldn't be able to give much more utility to group apart from the small heal from conviction while tanking, I just should be able to survive as good as a guard and get aggro efficiently, with some minor buffs to the group like conviction or maybe mit reduction by 5%.

  4. #29
    I read through this thread and the issue seems to be increasing survivability in raids, keeping in mind that they should not be able to solo certain instances. I would recommend adding panic skills with magnitudes effected by the number of allies, or fellowship members, similarly to the Cappy's skill "Strength in Numbers". As these types of panic skills are only effective in a group, it would not Strengthen the Warden when soloing. I think that this would address the issue of soloing and the survivability.
    As to what these buffs should be I will leave that to the devs and the players that are more experienced in using their wardens.
    Another recommendation would be to change the final blue traits "For the Free Peoples" and "Fellowship Protector" to either percentages so they can be useful for a raid where all mits must be overcapped.
    Finally I think the warden could benefit from having multiple "Battle Memory" skills so that they can prepare beforehand for a disaster to strike. This would help replace perhaps the lack of panic skills.

  5. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by XSR2 View Post
    I read through this thread and the issue seems to be increasing survivability in raids, keeping in mind that they should not be able to solo certain instances. I would recommend adding panic skills with magnitudes effected by the number of allies, or fellowship members, similarly to the Cappy's skill "Strength in Numbers". As these types of panic skills are only effective in a group, it would not Strengthen the Warden when soloing. I think that this would address the issue of soloing and the survivability.
    As to what these buffs should be I will leave that to the devs and the players that are more experienced in using their wardens.
    Another recommendation would be to change the final blue traits "For the Free Peoples" and "Fellowship Protector" to either percentages so they can be useful for a raid where all mits must be overcapped.
    Finally I think the warden could benefit from having multiple "Battle Memory" skills so that they can prepare beforehand for a disaster to strike. This would help replace perhaps the lack of panic skills.
    I agree. I think the simplest solution that puts wardens back to a top level tank is simply re-working "For the Free Peoples". It is as simple as +25% tactical/physical mitigation for the 15s and has the 1min 30 second timeout or even increasing to 2 minutes. This gives us the option to be near our same defense we had with defiant challenge, but removes it from a force taunt and has a longer timeout. It makes the capstone for blue trait actually viable. No one that I know who tanks as a warden has ever put any weight into "For the free peoples" (i usually don't even spend a point into it). That alone I think would give us a panic skill that honestly would make me very happy with how the warden is currently set up.

    If they did the same for conviction, or something similar that it increases 1%, up to 5% for all of your teammates it would give a warden a new utility as a tank allowing everyone to be stronger because of having a warden tank. That's a dream world...but I do think some sort of "over the top" straight % increase on mitigation on the capstones in blue fixes a lot.

    That or greatly increasing our leeches/heals.
    Rank 12 Warden of Crickhollow

  6. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by the_smudge View Post
    I agree. I think the simplest solution that puts wardens back to a top level tank is simply re-working "For the Free Peoples". It is as simple as +25% tactical/physical mitigation for the 15s and has the 1min 30 second timeout or even increasing to 2 minutes. This gives us the option to be near our same defense we had with defiant challenge, but removes it from a force taunt and has a longer timeout. It makes the capstone for blue trait actually viable. No one that I know who tanks as a warden has ever put any weight into "For the free peoples" (i usually don't even spend a point into it). That alone I think would give us a panic skill that honestly would make me very happy with how the warden is currently set up.

    If they did the same for conviction, or something similar that it increases 1%, up to 5% for all of your teammates it would give a warden a new utility as a tank allowing everyone to be stronger because of having a warden tank. That's a dream world...but I do think some sort of "over the top" straight % increase on mitigation on the capstones in blue fixes a lot.

    That or greatly increasing our leeches/heals.
    About the leeches part I'd love to see them being useful again rather than just spamming resolution.
    All warden rating traits in blue line should be changed into %. Usually without any of those traits mits/avoids are already capped in a fight, so that makes 20% of all warden tanking traits completely useless.

 

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload