We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Investigative Research Services: PvMP LeaderBoard

To all concerned

IRS Brings you this weeks installment of solutions to sustain and improve the PvMP experience.

Todays topic in the title is the PvMP LeaderBoard.

The historical data and archival information shows there was once a leaderBoard for all servers. This information provided by our archival team, repeatedly consists of references to the PvMP LeaderBoard. When our team sought out the PvMP LeaderBoard we were surprised to see this daily updated information is no longer in use. http://my.lotro.com/home/leaderboard/pvmp

It is the recommendation of IRS and a vast majority of our clients that the LeaderBoards be reinstated.

Patch Notes should read as follows:

SSG will be creating a new PvMP LeaderBoard.

The PvMP LeaderBoard will be much the same as our older version.
    Once created, will be maintained for the life duration of Lord of the Rings Online.
    With this next patch, there will be a link provided for the new PvMP leaderBoard for Lord of the Rings Online.
    The new PvMP LeaderBoard will be updated on a 24 hour cycle for the community to review anytime.

IRS supplemental:

http://surugi.com/lotrostats/index.php

This website found by our team was presented during one of our round table discussions. Immediately all of our present clients from both factions shouted exclamations of reverence. Nostalgic discussions were afoot. The atmosphere was of joy and elation. Both factions engaged in common adoration in their remembrances of pivotal moments in their PvMP experiences. It was a grand affair and we at IRS were all too happy to see the PvMP community as one united like rarely seen before. It was at this moment, I as the CEO and President had achieved a Killing Blow. I gave the nod and at once our interns pushed in a ice laden cart full of beer in celebration. I did however ask my personal assistant to be sure no one slipped in the Irish Snake Venom Beer. We didn't want some over zealous fish stories to become lengthened due to inebriation and thereby ruin the moment. Upon my personal inspection, it was safe for me to set back and enjoy a cool one myself. Wargs do love their Brewhaha games and we at IRS do not mind, that is of course if they mind their manners and relieve themselves outside. Having the debuff puddle in the conference room would not be appropriate.

Turbine and now SSG have let other users have access to their data and sites like these still remain active.
    http://lux-hdro.de/hdro-live.php

Also there is the Steam Chart https://steamcharts.com/app/212500
    The Steam Chart is Steam's own proprietary nonetheless it is an example of access players can have to assess their priorities in relation to Lord of the Rings.
    Other sites not commonly known have access,however we at IRS do not wish to reveal or misconstrue their uses and reason to fortify our recommendation. It should suffice for the reader to know they exist.

All external websites and their information are used by the community for the community. The PvMP LeaderBoard is an example of something that can bind the community in a cohesion not known by many newer PvMPers. The older players will know its value and its uses.

Exiting side note:

It is not advisable to tour the grounds of an area or campus after Dwarves have a dozen rounds of drinking and merriment. The next morning, I was sent a text to take a walk to our central Green lawn. It is an area centralized in our campus hub. Upon discovery, I find several Dwarves without pants huddled together snoring very loudly, under a bench. Next to the bench I find the beer cart and inside is one dazed Hobbit,who when I gave an Ahem, he jumped up and hurriedly scurried away swaying to and fro disappearing from my view. I have a suspicion the Uruk-Hai had a part in this but, I don't think I'll ever learn the truth of the matter. The dwarves? I was admittedly reluctant to disturb them and went back to my desk to proceed with the days workload.

Analytic team recommendation:

There is no need to list a rejection rate. This proposed suggestion is a home run. Not a top tier Home Run. This is an out of the ball park Home Run.

Investigative Research Services is happy to present your solution to the growth and expansion of Ettenmoors PvMP.

Mr_IRS_Agent
    Last edited by Mister_IRS_Agent; Jul 01 2018 at 06:40 PM.
    Investigative Research Services PLLC
    We are an independent research corporation.
    President and CEO Mr_IRS_Agent

That leaderboard is depressing Elendilmir just behind Brandywine in terms of numbers and where is that server and it's playerbase now? rip lol
    Elendilmir - Korthallion - Southern Cross /// Crickhollow - Kortahl, Korthillion - The Dark legion /// Kornakhas,Korburzluk,Korbashbu rz,Kortdogestyle,kornquickscop ermlg,kornslurpyourblood -Down In The Crickhollow ///Arkenstone Kornslurpyouup -TwoDollaHoardale

I was not part of the group that made the old leader boards, but i was there when Turbine shut it down.
    Killed E almost instantly.

On a side note, I believe the data they used for the boards is not longer released so there is no way to do one unless SSG themselves create it.
    Also, previously the data was restricted because of the out cry from lotro's farmers, and that's mainly what is left.

Good idea tho!
    Garamburn
    burtnakh of Elendilmir"Freeps I hate you all, your very presence in the Moors sickens me."

Hello all. This will be the last installment in this particular thread. We at IRS are putting together the next presentation at this very moment. It is with due diligence we have arrived at this intersect and will proceed on schedule. However, before moving on we will address and expand on the proposed solution to create and maintain a new PvMP Leaderboard by SSG.

The current situation in LotRo PvMP is abysmal. In fact is so horrific, a person looking on from the outside may conclude the current state is intentional to put an end to the PvMP playerbase completely. We at IRS in conjunction with our clients and affiliates do not believe this is wholly the case or the truth. At least not in total. One discussion at our round table meetings was focused on the drip effect. The drip effect is the slow dilution of a liquid in increments to slowly, over time changing the substance entirely. Has this been the case in LotRo's history? One small change here, another small change there to eventually change the primal nature from its origins. This very well could be a possibility. Of this, no player or this company will ever know that truth. At least not today.

One of our methods to find solutions is to peel back the layers of the onion. When this approach is done it can and does show wherein the difficulties lie and where the chosen solutions have caused there to be in error or a lapse in judgement. This is the case with the LotRo PvMP Leaderboard. This layer of the onion was rich, flavorful, and full of vitality. The previous outer layers were somewhat bland and woody.

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiCommander View Post
    That leaderboard is depressing Elendilmir just behind Brandywine in terms of numbers and where is that server and it's playerbase now? rip lol
    The PvMP Leaderboard was a wondrous site loaded with the players statistics spanning their time of enjoyment in the name of healthy competition. Our focus group, the next day sent emails of a similar expression such as yours when they ultimately had to accept the reality the PvMP Leaderboard was incomplete. Incomplete and dissociated from their PvMP experience. It was at this point, I stepped up and claimed we at IRS have no actual control over the matter. In the hope of logical reasoning to show what a hindrance the PvMP experience is without the PvMP LeaderBoard to the psyche of the competitive nature of PvMPers. To inspire one person to employ critical thinking and come to the same conclusion as the people we at IRS employ and our clients request.

Quote Originally Posted by searingskitso View Post
    I was not part of the group that made the old leader boards, but i was there when Turbine shut it down.
    Killed E almost instantly.

On a side note, I believe the data they used for the boards is not longer released so there is no way to do one unless SSG themselves create it.
    Also, previously the data was restricted because of the out cry from lotro's farmers, and that's mainly what is left.

Good idea tho!
    Good sir you missed an exciting era of PvMP if you missed out on the daily progress of your comrades and adversaries. This site inspired players to exceed and become more than they thought possible. Indeed the competition was feverish across all the servers to be the first. The first rank 15 and many other world and server firsts. Players united on both sides to enable and hinder the progress of individuals. The PvMP LeaderBoard had a unifying effect even for those who found it hard to set aside clicky grudges. Also worth mentioning were the bystanders along the sidelines. Those members of Kinships and Tribes cheering on the race were of utmost importance and constant inspiration in the face of daunting numbers of Renown and Infamy ahead in their paths.

SSG has the data. SSG can use it and we at IRS believe in doing so it will benefit the game as a whole and more so for the PvMP experience.

We at IRS extended invitations to the Rank Farmers and Clubfighters. Sadly the Rank Farmers declined out invitations. Several of the Clubfighters came to this last discussion group,but soon after no one could find them. I ask my assistant to search about the premises. A short time later he returned and whispered into my ear. What he told me was they were found in the break room playing Rock Paper Scissors. Go figure. I had a suspicion this could be the case and in my ability to understand, I had stocked up the fridge with cases of Mountain Dew and Red Bull. I was reluctant to place any beer there, because you know how Dwarves can be.

Next week our focus will be about the servers. The load and its capacity. The focus will be pointed in a direction not spoken of before in any thread on this forum or the old forums. Something insidiously hiding right out in the open.

Thank you all for your valuable input.
    Until next week, fare well.

Mr_IRS_Agent
    Last edited by Mister_IRS_Agent; Jul 07 2018 at 12:45 AM.
    Investigative Research Services PLLC
    We are an independent research corporation.
    President and CEO Mr_IRS_Agent