We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Can't keep forester first apprentice items

When you first learn a crafting profession you get to keep the first item(s) you make. For instance, tailors keep the cloak they made. But foresters don't get to keep the brushed light leather and the thin rowan board they make. When you turn in the quest those items disappear from your inventory. Is this a bug or working as intended?

Also the quest text for foresters says that there is wax in the crate, but there isn't. I'm guessing it was there at one time but not any more. So that probably needs to be edited.

Edit:
    I just submitted a bug report for this.
    Last edited by mgurak; Jul 03 2018 at 05:28 PM.
    "Hate destroys that which frightens ignorance." -- Me

Forrester is a harvesting profession and thus may follow different rules from crafting.
    It is really no biggie, you gonna have more hides/wood than you know what to do with in no time.

You only need wax to make higher quality (purple/teal) boards and leathers. But those recipes only start at journeyman. I guess you used to need it at apprentice too, long time ago...

True, but prospectors get to keep the copper ingot they make. Oh well, no big deal. Just thought I'd mention it.
    "Hate destroys that which frightens ignorance." -- Me

Same happened with me... as forester and woodworker... I actually made a mistake and crafted a crossbow... I had to make/buy all the materials again. :P

but I got to keep my onions as a farmer. oh, well.

Quote Originally Posted by mgurak View Post
    True, but prospectors get to keep the copper ingot they make. Oh well, no big deal. Just thought I'd mention it.
    The forester items do disappear. It has been like this for as long as I can remember... They didn't have these crafting tutorial quests when the game first launched but I don't remember exactly when they were added? Anyway, perhaps this is a bug? I always considered it a minor thing so I never reported it. Glad you did at least.

Welden
    Welden of Elendilmir