We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Can a man do the elf storyline?

Hi all. I want to roll a character to honor my nephew who recently died. I want to make him a man but I really don't like the man quests. After I do the introduction with him can I go to Celondim and do the elf quests? Will this screw anything up?

Thanks.
    "Hate destroys that which frightens ignorance." -- Me

No it won't screw anything up, you man character can do the Elf quest line. However, remember any race specific reward can not be earned by another race.
    Ujest - 118 Lore-master, Opun Tia - 95 Warden, Veneur - 75 Hunter, Cneasai - 61 Minstrel, plus alts and mules
    Officer, Pipeweed and Ale, Arkenstone (formerly Friends of Frodo, Vilya)

Thanks for that. I wanted to give the character my nephew's name but maybe I'll make him an elf and give him one of my nephew's nicknames.
    "Hate destroys that which frightens ignorance." -- Me

Quote Originally Posted by mgurak View Post
    Hi all. I want to roll a character to honor my nephew who recently died. I want to make him a man but I really don't like the man quests. After I do the introduction with him can I go to Celondim and do the elf quests? Will this screw anything up?

Thanks.
    I did the hobbit low level story with my Beorning and the human one with my elf. So you can mix and match to your heart's content

I generally run all my characters regardless of race through the Dwarf area and then go back and run them through the other races area just for fun.

As far as I know there really aren't any race specific rewards, atleast I've never found any. It's possible High Elf might be different, but the other races .... no.

And once you hit Bree it's all one path as that's were all the races come together.

Going through all the beginning areas is a good way to get a leg up on deeds and virtues.