We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

The LOTRO Beacon: Issue 66

Thanks for reading! Don't forget to reply to this post, we will pick a winner next Thursday afternoon.

Mithlond, Eriador, Middle-Earth, Arda, Eä
    Even though it's a raid and not an instance or skirmish my favorite is Barad Guldur. So many good memories from doing it every week with my old kin back then.

My favorite instance for many years was Dark Delvings.

I wish it would be scaled, it was a fantastic six-man dungeon.

The Court of Seregost of course
    I know it better than any other :P

Ford of Bruinen

My favorite?

Well, The Rift of Nûrz Ghâshu. Nice background and gears, and was the first raid i did :P

The old 3-man Dungeons of Dol Guldur was great. Trying to rescue 4 prisoners in the last wing with 3 people quickly and without hitting any guards took a lot of planning and was really exciting when you pulled it off. Also Carn Dum, so sprawling and full of nooks and crannies to explore. But the best still has to be Rift. The definition of epic.

Cool There can be only one! So VOTE my pretties.

Mine would be the OLD OLD Carn Dum raid.
    Nothing like getting PUNTED by troll after troll,
    then watching them fall like flies to a well greased
    and functional raid group from the old kinnies.

Course I am old school lifer account and still proud of it.

Rune

My only one

Well, my only instance ever played a few years ago was the Great Barrow. Loved the atmosphere there.

My favorite

My favorite was and still is the turtle in Moria.

"What is your favorite instance or skirmish?"

It's hard to say a favourite, I like them all for different reasons. Though I'll say that my favourite thing about them is that there are so many of them to choose between
    ;) “There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.” ~ Hindu Proverb

by how many times it has beeen run, i would believe everyone's favourite is warg pens.

So many to choose from..

But..

My Favorite Skirmish: Thievery and Mischief.
    My Favorite Instances: Dargnakh Unleashed and Fangorn's Edge

Any challenging solo instances...

And the instance in Mordor in which you have to avoid being seen by the (hot, literally) Stone-maiden who walks around, and it becomes even better when “Sweet Lara” calls you to her side... it was only until later that I found that the Stone-maiden is near-sighted like me!

And surely a lot of other instances that I can’t remember at the moment, but I do remember I wanted to do them again when I did them.

My favorite instance is saying goodbye to the Fellowship in Rivendell. I always wave bye and give a pat to Bill the Pony and then /cry. lol. Such an iconic moment.

What is your favorite instance or skirmish?

I love Inn of the Forsaken. Riddles, traps, and, most of all, a waterslide! WHEEEEEEEE!

I miss having reasons to run Grand Stairs (and the rest of the Moria cluster).

The Perfect Picnic!

Oh my goodness, there are so many.

Great Barrows..... Carn Dum....

I believe my favorite is Defending Gondomon.

If you select a few levels above your current you get to see some really interesting new monsters.
    Easy to solo and you get good points in 20 mins or less.

If you fellow up and tier up the instance, you really get some tough mobs and monsters.

That is my 2¢
    Marty

Now now, don't be hasty....they are all good and I can never pick just one.

I like the Moria instances. It is especially fun to go back and solo them.

What is your favorite instance or skirmish?

Fil Gashan, I find it a fun instance, you can wear orc Armour and sneak around killing stuff while making your way to the end!
    Pontin Level 115 Hobbit Burglar Kinship Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server. Staff member of the Lord of the Rings Discord Server, and Owner of Middle-Earth Lore discord.
    Alts: Legoan Elf Hunter, Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Sallyberry Hobbit Warden. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.

Here's some of my Screenshots Throughout Middle Earth. Also can follow me on Twitter for Adventures in Middle Earth and more!

One of each

Fave skirmish: Siege of Gondamon. That opening music is what inspired me most during my first month of noobish play, and then compelled me to return to LotRO after a sudden move and several years' absence.

Fave instance: Five Against the Wold. You've just met the Riders Four, and join them for a mounted raid against Khundolar Riders. You're treated to such amazing dialogue as "Aldor Harding is convinced that he will die to an Easterling blade. It has become our task to prove that men make their own fates!" and "Here, we will show Fate for the fraud it is! For honour and glory, let us ride!" Only complaint about this instance is that it's too, too short.

Samborg

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast