We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

More than a little lost!

This post is more out of frustration than complaining and more than a little of seeking some sound advice.

I was away from LoTRO for more than 4 years and decided that I missed the game and came back. So now I am back; bought the latest expansion of Mordor reacquainted myself with the game mechanics, my Hunter and Guardian; both level 100 and started destroying Orcs.

But now I am seriously lost as to where to go and what to do to get re-engaged in the quest line that gets me progressing in the game. It has become such a hurdle for me that I am seriously thinking of starting over completely. I have no idea where to go or how to get back in sync with the questing so I am not just grinding out levels, but properly questing through the game content.

Any suggestions?

First of all, welcome back!

Do you perhaps remember which was the last area released before you left?

Quote Originally Posted by Decrepify View Post
    First of all, welcome back!

Do you perhaps remember which was the last area released before you left?
    What was the last quest pack you played? And how far are you in the Epic? There is a place in the quest log where you can find "completed quests". That should give you some indication where you left off and we would be able to help you better.

Also, are you Vip? If not you can check the store which quest packs are available for you.

I would assume you stopped in Dol Amroth (Western Gondor) since that was when the cap went up to 100 and came out around 4 years ago. Start there and progress towards Central Gondor. Check your completed quests to see how far you got into the epic questline and talk to whoever you turned in the last quest to.

And welcome back!

By comparing your completed quests to the quest chains in wiki, you should be able to figure out where you left off and where to pick up again. Wiki can also help you figure out where to get trait points (current cap is 89 iirc) and which deeds will get your virtues up (current cap is 20).

It can feel daunting to get back into the swing of things, but the new content is worth the effort! People on your server in world chat may also be helpful, and joining a largish helpful kin can make your re-introduction to the game a little easier.

Welcome back!

I have 4 Epic quests available to me in the quest log:

Vol II-Book 9- Fortress of the Nazgul
    Vol III-Book 13- the battle of the Hornburg
    Vol IV-Book 2 – the dawn less day
    Vol IV – Book 4 – Siege of the white city

I have open quests in Taur Druadan and have dailies available to me in Osgiliath, but I am kindred rep there already.

For rep I am kindred will everyone except:
    Riders of Rohan
    Defenders of Minas Tirith
    Men of Der-en-Ernil

Quote Originally Posted by Faolchu View Post
    I have 4 Epic quests available to me in the quest log:

Vol II-Book 9- Fortress of the Nazgul
    Vol III-Book 13- the battle of the Hornburg
    Vol IV-Book 2 – the dawn less day
    Vol IV – Book 4 – Siege of the white city

I have open quests in Taur Druadan and have dailies available to me in Osgiliath, but I am kindred rep there already.

For rep I am kindred will everyone except:
    Riders of Rohan
    Defenders of Minas Tirith
    Men of Der-en-Ernil
    You probably should continue with vol IV and follow the epic to Pelennor. You can continue in Far Anorien or start questing in Pelennor. (another quest pack that goes to N Ithilien)

Soon enough (after catching up on the epic quest line), you'll probably find this useful.

http://dadislotroguides.com/allegian...s-demystified/

This is a normal thing to feel, even if you take a break for a few weeks, you might feel somewhat uncomfortable returning to your high level characters. If I take a break for more than a year I feel the urge to start over on a new character.
    Despite this, I don't think the problem resides with the game, the systems are pretty explanatory. A lot of zones don't necessarily connect either, for example, Volume I (Angmar) isn't really required in order to understand or enjoy Volume II (Moria). So if you really care about story either start over or go back to the last book you've completed as those quests tend to lead you through the game world, otherwise move right ahead, and start the Mordor books.

Thank you all for taking the time to help out an old Hobbit gain resurgence of the desire to walk in J.R.R.'s world. It is a fine and wondrous place. I have taken your council to heart and enduring with my now 104 Hunter and soon to be 104 Guardian.

Thanks again for quickly confirming the reason I came back to LoTRO; The Lore and the inhabitants who generally seem most willing to help out a wayward child that took middle-earth back into his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Faolchu View Post
    Thank you all for taking the time to help out an old Hobbit gain resurgence of the desire to walk in J.R.R.'s world. It is a fine and wondrous place. I have taken your council to heart and enduring with my now 104 Hunter and soon to be 104 Guardian.

Thanks again for quickly confirming the reason I came back to LoTRO; The Lore and the inhabitants who generally seem most willing to help out a wayward child that took middle-earth back into his heart.
    Welcome back. You do have a fair amount of catching up to do. Enjoy it; there's a great deal of Lore in store for you.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone
    www.kithrup.com/~djheydt/