We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Feels War-chant Man

Pre-nerf:

Post-nerf:

Oh well, was fun while it lasted, still loving the new Guardian playstyle.

Keep up the good work, Vastin!

A big nerf to War-Chant

And you must have very high mastery, I have 170k and tooltip max is 27k.

still a strong still. deserved its nerf.
    Imo, as long as a Skill is worth using, its good enough.
    To only have skills that are worth using, others must not be OP.
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Anführer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

Quote Originally Posted by Fermongu View Post
    A big nerf to War-Chant

And you must have very high mastery, I have 170k and tooltip max is 27k.
    A necessary nerf, War-chat was way out of line. It's still pretty potent, but not broken!

And yeah, currently sitting at 220k mastery.

I'd love to see Sweeping Cut damage increased a bit further so that it outputs damage more on-par with Whirling Retaliation.

It's propably not affected by shield damage anymore , as a result to the change to a physical mastery skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Zonflux View Post
    I'd love to see Sweeping Cut damage increased a bit further so that it outputs damage more on-par with Whirling Retaliation.
    No. Sweeping cut is already one of guardians main aoe dps skills.

Totally Agree! Cutting warchant dmg by 50% is kind of steep imo. An increase to sweeping cut dmg would balance it.

Quote Originally Posted by siipperi View Post
    No. Sweeping cut is already one of guardians main aoe dps skills.
    Hardly the case anymore post Update 22.2. It used to be the Sweeping Cut was consistently in the top 3 DPS but now it's not even guaranteed to be there. Our best AoE by far for DPS is Whirling Retaliation because #1 is has great base damage and #2 you can reset its cooldown by casting War Chant.

The DPS of Sweeping Cut should be scaled to be more inline with Whirling Retaliation when taking into account that its cooldown can be reset.

I don't ever expect Vexing Blow to beat out Sweeping Cut in DPS.

31 ticks of Vexing (3554 dps) versus 90 ticks on Sweeping (3227 dps).
    70 ticks on Whirling (9854 dps) versus 90 ticks on Sweeping (3227 dps).

Heck even the nerfed War Chant (4072 dps) still beat out Sweeping (3227 dps).
    Last edited by Zonflux; Jun 27 2018 at 09:15 PM.

Don't expect boost on AoE skills, devs said focus is on ST damage for red line.

Hardly the case anymore post Update 22.2. It used to be the Sweeping Cut was consistently in the top 3 DPS but now it's not even guaranteed to be there. Our best AoE by far for DPS is Whirling Retaliation because #1 is has great base damage and #2 you can reset its cooldown by casting War Chant.

The DPS of Sweeping Cut should be scaled to be more inline with Whirling Retaliation when taking into account that its cooldown can be reset.

I don't ever expect Vexing Blow to beat out Sweeping Cut in DPS.

31 ticks of Vexing (3554 dps) versus 90 ticks on Sweeping (3227 dps).
    70 ticks on Whirling (9854 dps) versus 90 ticks on Sweeping (3227 dps).

Heck even the nerfed War Chant (4072 dps) still beat out Sweeping (3227 dps).
    You are aware of sweeping cuts bleed, are you?
    Sure, they could buff sweeping cuts direct damage, if they nerf its bleed in return. nothing would be won by that. Skills usually deal more damage with bigger bleed and smaller direct damage, as bleeds tend to be stronger over the time till next use.

what I mean is... if they balance skills and a skill has 10s CD, they either give it 10000 direct damage or 15000 damage over 10 seconds or something between.
    So if they give a skill 5k damage plus 7500 damage over 10s and buff 5k -> 6k, they'll reduce 7500 to 6250, which is less than before in dps. I prefer higher DPS over burstier DPS with my guardian.
    Last edited by Oelle; Jun 28 2018 at 05:38 AM.
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Anführer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

When you factor the bleed from broad strokes it is quite strong given it doesn't require a response to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Fermongu View Post
    Don't expect boost on AoE skills, devs said focus is on ST damage for red line.
    Cant find anything that says it is only ST dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by Litreb View Post
    Cant find anything that says it is only ST dmg.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vastin View Post
    It is likely that in the future the red-line will see some significant tweaks to its game-play, shifting it back away from AoE/self-heal, and more towards a full out DPS/leveling line, while we try to get Yellow back into the primacy for AoE off-tanking. I don't have any details to offer on those as I'm currently working on other matters, but in terms of intent, expect the builds to move in those general directions.

But in the short term, we're mostly just trying to triage the red-line bugs to stop the bleeding. So to speak.

-Vastin
    There.