We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

At what point will a character stop leveling?

My wife and I are playing lotro and we were wondering when either of us will stop leveling due to lack of an expansion. I have a lifetime account just lacking Mordor. Hers is a brand new account with just Mirkwood. When will she stop gaining XP?
    Holding on by the last hair on the dwarfs beard.

Quote Originally Posted by Artanisul View Post
    My wife and I are playing lotro and we were wondering when either of us will stop leveling due to lack of an expansion. I have a lifetime account just lacking Mordor. Hers is a brand new account with just Mirkwood. When will she stop gaining XP?
    At the current level cap.

A character will always gain XP for killing mobs that aren't gray. It's tedious, but you can level up to the cap that way. Of course quests from quest packs and expansions are a much faster way to level.

Your lifetime account will have a much easier time even without Mordor. It's pretty easy for a VIP to get to 112+ just questing in the level 100 and 105 areas of Gondor and up to the Black Gate. Add a few levels of grinding mob kills and you can hit 115 without purchasing Mordor, then skip up to the northern areas.

Have fun!
    The Lag is so bad I saw Sara Oakheart outrun someone - kickman77

Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Belegthelion, Ingoror, Gloringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

Even without expacs, you can get tons if xp by running skirmishes and scalable instances...
    But that is a rather boring option. Best catch up on xpacs and adventure through Dunland, Rohan and Gondor while more or less on level.

Quote Originally Posted by Artanisul View Post
    You stop gaining character xp when you reach the level cap. The current level cap is 115, but SSG has announced that the level cap will change to 120 when the next zone is added to the game. Apart from that, the only other way to stop gaining character xp is to use the Stone of the Tortoise, a pocket item that stops a character from gaining xp when the stone is equipped. The stone only stops character xp, legendary items and warsteeds are NOT affected by the stone. The stone is bought from the LOTRO store.
    Therina - Hobbit Guard Rongo - Hobbit Warden
    Frood - Man Minstrel Garmun - Man Captain
    Zorosi - Dwarf Champ Froodaroon - Elf Hunter
    Southern Defenders - Arkenstone (formerly Elendilmir)