We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Chanks?

1. Chanks?

Hi all,

Just curious whether anyone has tried to chank since the update and what their experiences/impressions were?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by seyahat View Post
    Just curious whether anyone has tried to chank since the update and what their experiences/impressions were?
    Chanking is all I ever really use my chump for (I find dps classes kinda boring because of the perpetual pissing contest with other people). In the past, it was like you had to basically beg people to let you chank, even when they knew you were capable. Now we actually are able to do well in the role, and I would say we are pretty comparable to Wardens at the moment with respect to survivability. Sudden Defence is great right now, providing almost a 40k bubble at full fervour. Dire need is an 18k heal with legacy and trait at full power. Bracing Attack is a 4.8k heal for me without crit.

I do miss useful set bonuses though. Currently, the yellow raid set is more useful for tanking (+15% Blade of Courage heal chance). The Abyss raid set for tanking is completely useless (+8s to Aggressive Exchange debuff), compared to the Throne set or Osgiliath set bonuses (Throne had +5s to Adamant duration and damage reduction per fervour pip, Osgiliath had +5% tactical mit and -30s to Exalted Combatant cooldown.)

Overall, this update pass was a step in the right direction for chanks, but we are far from finished. There is still a lot of work that needs to be done for us if you ask me.

3. Thanks for a very useful reply!