We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Tracking the Lost quest not advancing

I'm in the middle of the quest "Tracking the Lost" in the new Mirkwood area. I'm at the objective: Search for a clue, which is the second to last objective. There's a ring on my map but standing on top of the ring or running around it does nothing. I have my summoned elf guy, but he has no ring either. I've ran around the area for 10 minutes, hitting delete, looking around, waiting for something to trigger. What's supposed to happen here and how to I make the quest advance? I tried googling, but apparently no one has had my problem before.

I also know that posting here sometimes has the magical effect of making things resolve themselves so maybe next time I log on it will suddenly be working again.

You're supposed to get a message, I think, and your Elf friend should say something about there having been a struggle. Don't recall having any trouble with it myself. Wiki says the struggle area is at 16.9N 40.2W

Some items are supposed to become visible as well, a bow and other stuff that you have to examine.

Quote Originally Posted by Altair6 View Post
    You're supposed to get a message, I think, and your Elf friend should say something about there having been a struggle. Don't recall having any trouble with it myself. Wiki says the struggle area is at 16.9N 40.2W

Some items are supposed to become visible as well, a bow and other stuff that you have to examine.
    Thanks, it looks like the quest must have been glitchy, because when I logged in today it finally triggered. I left off standing in the area I had been running around in and this time when I took a single step forward the quest advanced to the next stage.

Of course after that, 6 taugrim showed up at once and killed me in less then 10 seconds, so I guess I'll have to set this quest aside for now anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by CloudCastle View Post
    Of course after that, 6 taugrim showed up at once and killed me in less then 10 seconds, so I guess I'll have to set this quest aside for now anyway!
    Yes, they can be a pain.