We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

The LOTRO Beacon: Issue 65

Thanks for reading! Don't forget to reply to this post, we will pick a winner next Thursday afternoon.

Favorite buff is Redline Captain's Sure strike bonus, favorite boosts are reputation accelerators.

What is your favorite Buff or Boost?

Huh? Where's my Pants?

Speed buff.

Sergio :-)
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

Slayer boost. No question.

Down with the slayer grind!

Nobility buff from Lesser Giant Eagle

Favorite boost

the 90 min slayer deed boost. OMG those are the best

Buff: Red Captain Banner. Being in the banner always feels good. Even if other people call you a square, you can just pew pew...

Boost: Butterfly in the sky, I can go twice as high. Take a look, it's in a book... Its a Tome of Defense (refrain *Tome of Defense*)

Slayer and Deed Boost: the most obvious and directly measurable tool to reduce tedium and grind in the game.
    Immigrant from the City of Paragon. We are heroes. This is what we do.

Founding member of Mornost Gwend of Gladden. "We shout a lot!"

Slayer deed boost.

the buff that hides tour pants "Huh? Where's my pants?" you get this after drinking one of the festival kegs that takes you anywhere in the game world.
    Pontin Level 115 Hobbit Burglar Kinship Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server. Staff member of the Lord of the Rings Discord Server, and Owner of Middle-Earth Lore discord.
    Alts: Legoan Elf Hunter, Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Sallyberry Hobbit Warden. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.

Here's some of my Screenshots Throughout Middle Earth. Also can follow me on Twitter for Adventures in Middle Earth and more!

Slayer and Deed Boost... and of course the stun from the guardian´s red trait line, if that´s a "buff"^^

Hunter speed and all these guides-to-someplace. It saves unmeasurable time.

Greetings, Polymachos
    Treufried, human Level 115 Lore Master, formerly from Maiar (DE), now on Belegaer
    Räuberhöhle auf Belegaer, Breelandsiedlung, Ochsbott, Lange Straße 5. Vorsicht, Fallen!
    Alexophor, human Level 115 Hunter, formerly a Nimrod, now on Landroval
    Awkward Animal Arena in Breeland Homesteads, 6 Long Street, Ersward (Landroval)

You Know Snow Fu!

"What is your favorite Buff or Boost?"

Saffron's Kiss! "You can taste rectangles and smell the colour magenta."
    ;) “There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.” ~ Hindu Proverb

Deed and Slayer buffs, nothing else comes close.

Rep Acceleration Tomes
    CRICKHOLLOW - The Silver Claw
    Durawen - MIN | Rehmli - HNT | Junoriel - LM | Duraniel - CPT | Tempezzt - BEO | Adryana - BUR

Find the path!

"Feigned injury" on your warsteed is sometimes fun to use, when you want to go somewhere in a camp of enemies and it's not an interior place. But it's only "sometimes".

Not to beat a dead horse (which would be a terrible buff!) but the slayer deed boost is the best.

favorite buff or boost?

Slayer boost or Ronald Dwale's pipe because it never runs out of old Toby!

my favorite buffs or boosts

Slayer skill and deed boosts for sure.

Anything that increases morale and power! Sometimes you just need one little push to succeed and this boost is fantastic at giving it.

Phial of Akúlhun's Fury
    https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Ite...Alhun%27s_Fury
    .. must have

In theory or in practice?

In theory, it OUGHT to be the slayer accelerator because that would make the biggest difference to a dull and uninteresting part of the game.

However, in practice, it has to be the tome of defence.

Because, even with accelerators available, the slayer grinds are still too pointless to interest me in chasing after them. By and large, the only slayer deeds I get are the ones which come as a side-effect of completing the landscape quests - or which up a virtue that I habitually equip.

The tome of defence, on the other hand, HAS turned lost fights into won ones on several occasions. It is my 'go to' move after food buffs and changed tactics have failed to bring home the bacon. Especially with light armored types against multiple opponents, currently.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast