We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    The perseverance of the LOTRO community to continually support a system that is completely incapable of changing is admirable, but entirely pointless. The grass is greener literally everywhere else, digitally or otherwise. The fact that many (including myself until a year or so ago) are willing to financially support that system is mind-blowing. Turbine/SSG should be paying penance to the LOTR mythos that keeps people opening up their wallets despite complete inadequacy of the product.

The player base that remains and pays is the diehards that won't leave no matter how terrible the game is because It is lotr, they will continue to pay for the utter crapfest, the majority have long gone and years ago, Mirkwood, Rohan and ever since. Games like Shadow of war are far better than the lotro we have today even if it is not an mmo.
    Elendilmir - Korthallion - Southern Cross /// Crickhollow - Kortahl, Korthillion - The Dark legion /// Kornakhas,Korburzluk,Korbashbu rz,Kortdogestyle,kornquickscop ermlg,kornslurpyourblood -Down In The Crickhollow ///Arkenstone Kornslurpyouup -TwoDollaHoardale

Quote Originally Posted by Hurtful View Post
    The perseverance of the LOTRO community to continually support a system that is completely incapable of changing is admirable, but entirely pointless. The grass is greener literally everywhere else, digitally or otherwise. The fact that many (including myself until a year or so ago) are willing to financially support that system is mind-blowing. Turbine/SSG should be paying penance to the LOTR mythos that keeps people opening up their wallets despite complete inadequacy of the product.
    Financially support? Nah, almost all of me and my kinnies are lifetimers. Dunno how its of you new players tho but in eu we vets are all lifetimers. Only reason.

Quote Originally Posted by siipperi View Post
    Financially support? Nah, almost all of me and my kinnies are lifetimers. Dunno how its of you new players tho but in eu we vets are all lifetimers. Only reason.
    I highly doubt there are many lifetimers in comparison to non lifetime accounts who still play in 2018
    Elendilmir - Korthallion - Southern Cross /// Crickhollow - Kortahl, Korthillion - The Dark legion /// Kornakhas,Korburzluk,Korbashbu rz,Kortdogestyle,kornquickscop ermlg,kornslurpyourblood -Down In The Crickhollow ///Arkenstone Kornslurpyouup -TwoDollaHoardale

signed...in addition, to give creeps a better chance PVE armour should be blocked from the moors and a basic pvp set with slots for aud essences obtainable from comms should be introduced, the 1hr sideswitch should also be re-introduced for both sides,revert back to TA, TR and LUG having re-inforcements from ID and Lumbercamp.Also the 1 shotters should be given a longer range to try and stop the mind-numbing gv grams camp. And yes give creeps a new class.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenarrow46 View Post
    signed...in addition, to give creeps a better chance PVE armour should be blocked from the moors and a basic pvp set with slots for aud essences obtainable from comms should be introduced,
    Exactly. And that way creeps get to farm freeps that are just coming out and haven't earned the comms yet to fill the essence slots. Also, please make sure to nerf hunters, burgs, healing, make it so greenies can't die, reduce warg CD's, up WL AOE rez to 24, let reavers not die after dying rage (and switch it from immune to melee to immune to ranged and tactical, and melee), make Moving Target immune to tactical attacks, and melee attacks, let weavers attack while in burrow (including out of combat because that's UP right now), and make Defilers heal good and have them be a little more study, they're kinda squishy right now.

Oh and if you could.. A new creep class.

And add 12 more map points.

And 12 more corruption slots.

And up our damage.

And up our healing.

And up our survivability.

And then maybe pvp will be good.

But probably not.

Also nerf LI's.

And trait points.

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiCommander View Post
    I highly doubt there are many lifetimers in comparison to non lifetime accounts who still play in 2018
    You would be surprised by amount of lifetimers in EU. Codemasters gave them away on price of higher tier pack expansion before they handed us over. So it's not far fetched to say there's a lot of freeps who are lifetimers in EU, in fact crushing majority of old timers I know are all lifetimers. Of course most of creep population is F2P crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by siipperi View Post
    You would be surprised by amount of lifetimers in EU. Codemasters gave them away on price of higher tier pack expansion before they handed us over. So it's not far fetched to say there's a lot of freeps who are lifetimers in EU, in fact crushing majority of old timers I know are all lifetimers. Of course most of creep population is F2P crowd.
    Yup, bought mine (a friend gifted me it actually) for £75 like 9 years ago, best £75 I never spent. I know a lot of people cashed in on that before they realised how dumb it was and took it down.
    #15skills

Quote Originally Posted by Snowlock View Post
    Exactly. And that way creeps get to farm freeps that are just coming out and haven't earned the comms yet to fill the essence slots. Also, please make sure to nerf hunters, burgs, healing, make it so greenies can't die, reduce warg CD's, up WL AOE rez to 24, let reavers not die after dying rage (and switch it from immune to melee to immune to ranged and tactical, and melee), make Moving Target immune to tactical attacks, and melee attacks, let weavers attack while in burrow (including out of combat because that's UP right now), and make Defilers heal good and have them be a little more study, they're kinda squishy right now.

Oh and if you could.. A new creep class.

And add 12 more map points.

And 12 more corruption slots.

And up our damage.

And up our healing.

And up our survivability.

And then maybe pvp will be good.

But probably not.

Also nerf LI's.

And trait points.
    I could dissect this comment by comment but I haven't the patience.

Let it all out and tells us how you feel.
    Università degli Studi di Roma "La Sapienza" Sapienza University of Rome

Graduate PhD con lode Scienze della Politica

these threads are so self perpetuating.

no matter what the devs touch,if anything, the outrage will be the same and they will care just about as much as always.

Mortem Tyrannis

Quote Originally Posted by sapienze View Post
    I could dissect this comment by comment but I haven't the patience.
    Why would you?

Why would you?
    Because its over the top, disingenuous, sarcasm. Any player freep or creep would see that for what it is and know it wouldn't offer balance. The dissection would only show that the polar opposite already exist on the Freepside and most any Freep would love godmode anyway possible. For most,in my experience they just look at Creeps as NPCS. Even you yourself have said as much, ofc we know its the Lore talking. Amirite?

Why would I? I already said why I wouldn't.

Because its over the top, disingenuous, sarcasm.
    Over the top, certainly. It's how I view all these creep threads. You should look up disingenuous though.

Over the top, certainly. It's how I view all these creep threads. You should look up disingenuous though.
    1st of all m8 I don't play creepside, but compared to the creeps.freeps are OP not just from my perspective but from a lot of freeps I know who want decent action,unlike probably yourself who has a massive ego everytime you kill a creep. What I said in my original post was only a suggestion that could be looked at and worked on to try and make a balance. A basic pvp armour set could have the base of 1-2 aud per piece with 2 slots to add either, aud,vitality,mits or stat, and I ONLY STATED ARMOUR to be rendered useless in moors not jewellery, so at least u still get all ur goodies from that. The vendors in gv all need to be looked at aswell for pvp jewellery and cloaks since they haven't been upgraded for many yrs.

freeps I know who want decent action,unlike probably yourself who has a massive ego everytime you kill a creep.
    You want to know one of the things I've learned being around for so long? When someone tries to hurt my feelings on the internet, since they don't know me or know anything about me, they use accusations they feel would sting themselves. If you did know me you'd know I have over 200,000 kills, and like 18,000 deaths. Killing, or dying, are completely meaningless to me.

But it is interesting to learn that these things mean so much to you. They're just pixels, my boy. You'll win some, you'll lose some. Enjoy the moment, and don't let the rest affect you so much.

1st of all m8 I don't play creepside, but compared to the creeps.freeps are OP not just from my perspective but from a lot of freeps I know who want decent action,unlike probably yourself who has a massive ego everytime you kill a creep. What I said in my original post was only a suggestion that could be looked at and worked on to try and make a balance. A basic pvp armour set could have the base of 1-2 aud per piece with 2 slots to add either, aud,vitality,mits or stat, and I ONLY STATED ARMOUR to be rendered useless in moors not jewellery, so at least u still get all ur goodies from that. The vendors in gv all need to be looked at aswell for pvp jewellery and cloaks since they haven't been upgraded for many yrs.

When you are Creep : enjoy the moment. When you are freep : omg this crit corrs so op SSG fix it or we not leave gv. Evernight. Biggest EU server. Creep population drop so low there is only 1 tribe group per day nothing else. 22 hours per day is 100% blue map and gramms camp. Enjoy the moment!!!

You should look up disingenuous though.
    No need to it applies perfectly.

They're just pixels, my boy. You'll win some, you'll lose some.
    For them being "just" pixels, you sure have spent many hours here attempting to maintain the pixel arrangement to your liking. Are you sure they are "just " pixels?

Hmm...

I do enjoy the Freep view spoken from a true Freep.

No need to it applies perfectly.
    No it doesn't. Had you looked it up, you would find that disingenuous implies subterfuge, and there's none here.

For them being "just" pixels, you sure have spent many hours here attempting to maintain the pixel arrangement to your liking. Are you sure they are "just " pixels?
    Absolutely. Lotro is one of my favorite hobbies and I love talking about it.

Did that long ago, before hand, after the fact,and later on.

Its over the top poorly elaborated sarcasm, but you know...

Better luck next time.

Back to a somewhat relevant area.

Somewhere something has to give. Its at a breaking point. Creeps have very little to offer anymore. So logic says the Freepside has to yield in some way or forego PvP altogether. I read it and hear it daily from Freeps how they know the balance is killing PvP and here you are still maintaining your arrangement of pixels. Won't be long you will be doing it by yourself. Creeps aren't an inexhaustible. supply.

Back to a somewhat relevant area.

Somewhere something has to give. Its at a breaking point. Creeps have very little to offer anymore. So logic says the Freepside has to yield in some way or forego PvP altogether. I read it and hear it daily from Freeps how they know the balance is killing PvP and here you are still maintaining your arrangement of pixels. Won't be long you will be doing it by yourself. Creeps aren't an inexhaustible. supply.
    It's beyond the breaking point. In my opinion, it's finally dead. I've literally played an hour in the last two weeks. I used to play 6 hours a day. Logged in 2 nights ago, got melted instantly by a group of freeps waiting half way up lugz hill, logged out and did something worth doing. That's been the state of game for me for months now and i (finally) don't miss it one bit.

Freepside yield? Lol, at least on Ark, that will never happen. Throughout this entire debacle I have yet to see a genuine grams camp. It's always the bait-up-the-hill routine. Contrast this with U20 (the ridiculous creep crit multiplier update which full wasn't as stupid as it is now) when creeps practically had to play in the GV one-shots for 2 months until it was fixed. The people actually enjoying freep right are small-dicked idiots doing whatever small-dicked idiots do to build a semblance of an ego. There will be no yielding. So they can have fun killing lowbies at the slugs until the game is shut down completely. This is the game they moaned for all these years, they can enjoy it.
    Team Milt.

Its over the top poorly elaborated sarcasm, but you know...
    Well, duh?

signed...in addition, to give creeps a better chance PVE armour should be blocked from the moors and a basic pvp set with slots for aud essences obtainable from comms should be introduced, the 1hr sideswitch should also be re-introduced for both sides,revert back to TA, TR and LUG having re-inforcements from ID and Lumbercamp.Also the 1 shotters should be given a longer range to try and stop the mind-numbing gv grams camp. And yes give creeps a new class.
    There are PvP armours with essence slots, but I am a fan of the idea of banning the raid armours from the moors

What you are suggesting in my opinion are small quality-of-life improvements that will satisfy the existing, long-time pvper's for a short time, yet will do nothing to restore the population of the moors, nor will it really add any fun to the experience (in my humble opinion).

In my opinion, the best thing the devs could do with the moors is create a kind of "match" system, each match lasting 12 hours. The side that captures the most keeps ( and they should be SIGNIFICANTLY harder to capture) gets a reward:

Renown based on keep-capture contribution

Gold based on the same contribution

Barter Items exchangeable at GV or Grams for updated pvp loot

A small chance for one of these items themselves.

Like it or not, you must motivate players with substance other than the flimsy currency of "fun" which is abstract and subjective to the point of being an utterly useless frame to design around. Otherwise, the only players you will get are the ones who can't quit after all these years- the kind who want to prove themselves in 1v1's or 6v6's, and there just aren't enough of that type to fill a pvp map. Both sides will find each other more often, and have more meaningful pvp, if there is something to fight for.

Renown needs to be significantly scaled and increased for solo/small group kills, and scaled-up items need to be restored to the many barterers in the Ettenmoors.
    Illydros Squanto Ulricson Saridas Gap

just do the changes, been screaming this for years, remove the horrible outpost buffs with mastery and revert it to the infamy/renown gain buffs.

also, ppl love to go offtopic in pvp subfora

Last edited by WhiteGoliath; Jul 15 2018 at 08:40 PM.

Alltair / Zaheer

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5