We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1

    Cord of the ring

    48:15 Sums up what SSG and Their spokesman think about balance in pvp. Thank You ! Now last creep pls turn light off.
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/270848521

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,652
    I'm as skeptical about SSG's attitude towards PvMP as anyone, but a simple "Nice!" seems pretty harmless to me. Did you seriously think this particular quote was worth a thread? He didn't even specifically say anything about PvMP.

    I was expecting something far, far worse.

  3. #3
    Yes almost a year 1 shooting creeps with stealth class. Some times you cannot leave gramms for hours (yes you can map to kill some norbogs cause 99.9% freeps hugs lug bd). And what he say about it? Nice! Don't know why there was not nice when creeps could easilly kill freep when we got this "broken" (because creeps had a chance so must be broken) critt corrs. Fix came in less than montch. Nice!

  4. #4
    Didn't seem to be a big deal to me. What else is he supposed to say? "Hey, guys, our devs dropped the ball on PvP, and we don't really have the resources or time anymore." Cordovan certainly isn't at fault for LOTRO PvP.
    ~Rank 11 Loremaster, Arkenstone~

    ~Rank 13 Warg, Arkenstone~

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    537
    Quote Originally Posted by Spilo View Post
    Didn't seem to be a big deal to me. What else is he supposed to say? "Hey, guys, our devs dropped the ball on PvP, and we don't really have the resources or time anymore." Cordovan certainly isn't at fault for LOTRO PvP.
    Then who else does the buck stop with ?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirn View Post
    Then who else does the buck stop with ?
    Devs, whoever else makes the decisions. Honestly, even then it's not much. The game really made the mistakes at 95/100 cap. Since then it's been nothing but a small-time game. At 95, the game was a lot bigger and had a lot more resources. Poor decision making then is what hurt us, and most of the crew that worked then are no longer with SSG. Cordovan is just a representation of a small time team that is doing its best to keep the LOTR dream alive for as many folks as possible. You can question their judgement on decisions, but they simply don't have the manpower or resources to fill player's demands anymore, even if they wanted to. From all the CMs LOTRO has had, Cordovan is hands down the best.
    ~Rank 11 Loremaster, Arkenstone~

    ~Rank 13 Warg, Arkenstone~

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    537
    Quote Originally Posted by Spilo View Post
    Devs, whoever else makes the decisions. Honestly, even then it's not much. The game really made the mistakes at 95/100 cap. Since then it's been nothing but a small-time game. At 95, the game was a lot bigger and had a lot more resources. Poor decision making then is what hurt us, and most of the crew that worked then are no longer with SSG. Cordovan is just a representation of a small time team that is doing its best to keep the LOTR dream alive for as many folks as possible. You can question their judgement on decisions, but they simply don't have the manpower or resources to fill player's demands anymore, even if they wanted to. From all the CMs LOTRO has had, Cordovan is hands down the best.
    So I guess what your saying is Cordovan is the best of a bad bunch ? . Lets go back to the original Vastin post asking for PVP suggestions . Since that post Vastin has popped his head up just the once (I may be mistaken however , if so please correct me ). Nothing that was suggested was acted upon and we know that the mysterious Vastin is still there . So what went wrong between the time of that post and BR leading to the mordor update ? Who said , "don't listen to anyone" because whoever said that needs to be fired . We know that Vastin obeyed that command and didn't listen because the creep update contained nothing that was suggested . This left a frustration beyond belief that someone goes out of their way to ask for help then simply ignores it . Why would anyone trust Vastin again ? Cordovan has been given copious opportunities to say something but prefers to ban people for the use of expletives rather than help his paying customers . Why would anyone trust him again ?

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Spilo View Post
    Cordovan is just a representation of a small time team that is doing its best to keep the LOTR dream alive for as many folks as possible. You can question their judgement on decisions, but they simply don't have the manpower or resources to fill player's demands anymore, even if they wanted to.
    /signed While I do not like some of the changes that have been made, I'll agree with this.... just a small team doing the best they can :/
    Casinoari - Rank 15 RK
    Malakorou - Rank 10 Defiler
    Casinari - Original Challenger of Saruman Minstrel

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirn View Post
    So I guess what your saying is Cordovan is the best of a bad bunch ? . Lets go back to the original Vastin post asking for PVP suggestions . Since that post Vastin has popped his head up just the once (I may be mistaken however , if so please correct me ). Nothing that was suggested was acted upon and we know that the mysterious Vastin is still there . So what went wrong between the time of that post and BR leading to the mordor update ? Who said , "don't listen to anyone" because whoever said that needs to be fired . We know that Vastin obeyed that command and didn't listen because the creep update contained nothing that was suggested . This left a frustration beyond belief that someone goes out of their way to ask for help then simply ignores it . Why would anyone trust Vastin again ? Cordovan has been given copious opportunities to say something but prefers to ban people for the use of expletives rather than help his paying customers . Why would anyone trust him again ?
    You make very legitimate points. I believe at this point LOTRO is trying too hard to keep a professional face on things rather than simply being honest with their customers. I made a post about this some time ago: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-Into-The-West
    ~Rank 11 Loremaster, Arkenstone~

    ~Rank 13 Warg, Arkenstone~

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Spilo View Post
    You make very legitimate points. I believe at this point LOTRO is trying too hard to keep a professional face on things rather than simply being honest with their customers. I made a post about this some time ago: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-Into-The-West
    I read your comments looking back at it the raid parts kinda funny, you say in some cases the raid is impossible but until the class balance passes the raid was a faceroll doable in less then an hour and i dont know if you've been yo pvp latly but the entire community is completely toxic, creeps feel like theyre too weak to 1v1 so they zerg, freeps zerg back, creeps log, we all lose

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraushgrish2 View Post
    I read your comments looking back at it the raid parts kinda funny, you say in some cases the raid is impossible but until the class balance passes the raid was a faceroll doable in less then an hour and i dont know if you've been yo pvp latly but the entire community is completely toxic, creeps feel like theyre too weak to 1v1 so they zerg, freeps zerg back, creeps log, we all lose
    My point remains the same. Was the raid quality content? No? Then LOTRO is still incapable of delivering on what folks expect.
    ~Rank 11 Loremaster, Arkenstone~

    ~Rank 13 Warg, Arkenstone~

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    116
    Wheres Lance with his ubiquitous quote of 'LOTRO PVMP..hahahahahaha' ....when you need him?


    It's just about the BEST post and the honestest (that may or may not be a word?)ever posted about LOTRO PVMP.

    They really need to abandon pvmp or start again from scratch.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by SavileRow View Post
    They really need to abandon pvmp or start again from scratch.
    Ettenmoors will be the PvMP map or it will be none at all. Any new map and new aspects will be doomed to fail. Anything new will merely be a copy of some others game version of PvP. What makes PvMP distinct is that it is a two faction dynamic. Most other games with PvP offer three and imo that doesn't work well. Eventually one faction diminishes and defer to the more used other two factions. Another reason is that any new map and it constituents will be far removed from what has already been proven to work. The only reason PvMP is in its current state is due to the creators of PvMP,not its users. Changing priorities and allocated resources are why. Anything new will be solely focused on revenue and if it doesn't perform to expectations it will be abandoned and then the pvp community will be left with nothing.

    The Ettenmoors is salvageable the only factor is care.

    It can be monetized more than it is. Lets face it this game is P2P and P2W when it comes to PvMP. Why not work with what is already in place and possibly...
    Università degli Studi di Roma "La Sapienza" Sapienza University of Rome

    Graduate PhD con lode Scienze della Politica

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload